Meniscus Tear Healing

I tore my meniscus about a week ago and outside of the obvious things to fix it or peptides is there anything to help speed along the healing process or any advice from someone who bounced back well???

1 Like

@Runefiend,
If there is no locking of the joint or weakness or instability, there is a bunch you can try on your own that can help. But if you can’t straighten your knee or it gets “stuck” when you sit to stand or on stairs, for example, get it checked out further. Otherwise, you can really compromise the joint and accelerate degeneration at the minimum, or worse, lead to catastrophic injury that necessitates surgery. Just be sensible!

Nutrition-wise, making sure you are up on your Vit A, E, C, D, is good. Bromillian helps in tissue healing and is cheap:
https://amzn.to/3PtI39V

Curcumin 2x the normal dose: Micellar Curcumin - 95x Greater Absorption Vs. Piperine Formulas – T Nation Biotest

Of course, you can get the D and Curcumin in iWell as well: I-Well™ – T Nation Biotest

Movement: Since loading may not feel great yet, get the mobility back with some simple drills and prepare for when you can load it by making the mechanics the best they can be. I’ll update here again later today with some specific drills for you. But you can start here anyway:

Keep it compressed (knee sleeve) just to keep it more comfortable and prevent pooling of any swelling if there is any. Amazon.com : compression knee sleeves

I hope this helps get you started! - Doc

thank you very much for the info!

Hi,

I had a meniscus tear in 2018, and after some physical therapy that seemed like it hurt more than helped, my doctor said it would need surgery.

I started using these wraps from a medical device company, their name is King Brand. One is for cold therapy and compression, and the other plugs into the wall and works on your circulation. I went from not being able to walk to being fully healed - these wraps helped me skip surgery. I tell everyone about them, that’s how much they helped me. I’d recommend them for everybody.

All my best wishes for your recovery.