Meningitis Linked To Steroid Injections

Anyone else seen this story or commented on it? Doctors suspect that the steroid medicine was contaminated with a fungus.

Meningitis is inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord.

Wow. Thanks for posting that.

This isn’t about anabolic steroids. This is about corticosteroids…and contaminated medicine doesn’t mean you blame the medicine.

I can see now this is how all of those rumors get started. People don’t read. This is basically just an article saying some patients got sick because TENNESSEE hospitalS injected them with tainted corticosteroids.

That does NOT mean steroids cause meningitis.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
This isn’t about anabolic steroids. This is about corticosteroids…and contaminated medicine doesn’t mean you blame the medicine.[/quote]

Yeah but where did anyone say that?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

This isn’t about anabolic steroids. This is about corticosteroids…and contaminated medicine doesn’t mean you blame the medicine.[/quote]

Yeah but where did anyone say that?[/quote]

Why else post it? I am not sure how this is even a headlining news story. Patients get sick from tainted medicine in hospitals sometimes. They don’t get huge headliners blaming it in “STEROIDS”…because they know most people will do what the OP likely did.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong and he really wanted a full thread about tainted hospital meds in Tennessee.

Oh you wait this will be the new anti-anabolics new poster boy… No fact checking just pure blame the AAS

The immunosuppressive effects of the corticosteroids sure didn’t help.

Of course. Roids are to blame for all of society’s ills.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Of course. Roids are to blame for all of society’s ills.[/quote]

Well I know hemorrhoids certainly suck.

Why else post it? I am not sure how this is even a headlining news story. Patients get sick from tainted medicine in hospitals sometimes. They don’t get huge headliners blaming it in “STEROIDS”…because they know most people will do what the OP likely did.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong and he really wanted a full thread about tainted hospital meds in Tennessee.[/quote]

This is the media, they’re fucked up. People that get health info from the media worry me. Same people that go around like sheep thinking eggs are as bad as cigs, or organic is no better than conventional (not to debate this here though)…

I can’t stand this shit.

Someone gets sick, goes to the doctor, OMG THEY’RE INJECTING ME WITH SEROIDSSSSSSS!!!111

[quote]conservativedog wrote:
Anyone else seen this story or commented on it? Doctors suspect that the steroid medicine was contaminated with a fungus.

Meningitis is inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord.

[/quote]

Why don’t SOME of you f_ckin retards read the post again.

I’ve never seen so many knee jerk reactions throughout a forum this large. This seems to be one of the easiest to offend communities in the world. Exercise that shit between your ears and get over that right not to feel offended.

There’s no conspiracy here to try and take away your “precious.”

But hey, maybe I’m wrong and he really wanted a full thread about tainted hospital meds in Tennessee.[/quote]

[/quote]

I’ve never seen so many knee jerk reactions throughout a forum this large. This seems to be one of the easiest to offend communities in the world. Exercise that shit between your ears and get over that right not to feel offended.
[/quote]

We did read the post. Clearly, if you read the other responses, the question arose as to if you really understood what that medication was.

Would you mind answering that?

[/quote]

[/quote]

We did read the post. Clearly, if you read the other responses, the question arose as to if you really understood what that medication was.

Would you mind answering that?
[/quote]

Corticosteroids. 27 years ago I used to have hydrocortisone shots in my neck once a week to relax tight neck and shoulder.

I’m on TRT for the rest of my natural life, started in 2006. I’m a huge proponent of TRT and would use more to go on cycle and then coast on my regular TRT dosages if I had it.

I’m a little keen on anything that appears to single out my posts as I’ve had a couple of negative replies (an example: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/kinetics.1981#myForums/thread/5370104/0)

So nothing personal professor I just want to participate here and be left alone from knee jerks.

I’ve used this site since 2010 and never thought that asking a question about a heavy bench, squat rack or supplements by name would garner the attention Mod Phoenix gave, especially on something from an old pro such as Draper and with a small attachment that has been out since 2003. I posted “one” url to it and asking if anyone else had ever used it.

Broadbrushed as a “troll” or sales competitor so F that and similar knee jerk reactions. I’m going through menopause so leave me alone.

Well, this story does point out a problem that is very relevant to many people on these forums, namely the possibility of contamination of injectable steroids (which include androgens). Never mind the people who get their stuff from underground labs based, for all they know, in someone’s bathtub, many guys on TRT in the U.S. get their testosterone from compounding pharmacies like the one in Mass that compounded these fungal-contaminated corticosteroid vials. Because compounding pharmacies are legal and above board, they think they are safe. This story shows that not all compounders are quite as safe as we thought they were.

At the very least, people who use compounding pharmacies should look through public records to determine if the pharmacy has had any problems or violations in the past. And people who use underground labs should probably stop.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Well, this story does point out a problem that is very relevant to many people on these forums, namely the possibility of contamination of injectable steroids (which include androgens). Never mind the people who get their stuff from underground labs based, for all they know, in someone’s bathtub, many guys on TRT in the U.S. get their testosterone from compounding pharmacies like the one in Mass that compounded these fungal-contaminated corticosteroid vials. Because compounding pharmacies are legal and above board, they think they are safe. This story shows that not all compounders are quite as safe as we thought they were.

At the very least, people who use compounding pharmacies should look through public records to determine if the pharmacy has had any problems or violations in the past. And people who use underground labs should probably stop. [/quote]

Thank you.

That was one of the reasons I posted the story, but they sure came out of the woodwork to kill the messenger.

Send me your partially filled vials of gear and I will examine them for contamination and get back to you in a timely fashion.