Mendelson to Attempt Raw WR at Meet

Man that was kinda tough to watch, he didn’t want to give it up without a fight.

[quote]burt128 wrote:
The 644 looked really, really hard. I know he was there to take a run at the record, but taking 716 after the 644 was so slow seems a little silly.[/quote]

From an outside perspective, yeah, but that drive is why he is the world record holder despite this failure.

[quote]Mr.Jeannay wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Scott Mendelson Powerlifting Bench Attempts and Injury | SPF March Madness 2013 | Retro PL - YouTube [/quote]

did he tear his pec?[/quote]
yep right at 2:48

One thing that I have noticed about all of Mendys lifts is they always seem really slow. I think that Scot will beat the record before spoto does but i think Spoto is going to much bigger numbers then we will ever see Scot hit. Scot is getting a bit old and the gains are slow. Spoto is in his early 30s he has at least 15 years of strong gains ahead of him.

Mendelson is going to be lucky to bench 650 again, let alone 700.

That first attempt looked painful and slow.

Edit: It’s really sad though. Spoto and Mendelson going head to head, both being able to clear 700 would be an epic battle.

Damn his decent is slow for raw.

[quote]Umbrata Fortis wrote:
One thing that I have noticed about all of Mendys lifts is they always seem really slow. I think that Scot will beat the record before spoto does but i think Spoto is going to much bigger numbers then we will ever see Scot hit. Scot is getting a bit old and the gains are slow. Spoto is in his early 30s he has at least 15 years of strong gains ahead of him.[/quote]

LOL, Mendy’s never gonna bench competitively again. Spoto is going to obliterate the record when he finally manages to put something together on the platform.

I met mendy that day, and to say he’s “getting a bit old” is the understatement of the century. Dude looks like he’s got both feet in the grave at this point.

The dude’s clearly one of the best benchers who’s ever lived, but his time’s done.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[quote]Umbrata Fortis wrote:
One thing that I have noticed about all of Mendys lifts is they always seem really slow. I think that Scot will beat the record before spoto does but i think Spoto is going to much bigger numbers then we will ever see Scot hit. Scot is getting a bit old and the gains are slow. Spoto is in his early 30s he has at least 15 years of strong gains ahead of him.[/quote]

LOL, Mendy’s never gonna bench competitively again. Spoto is going to obliterate the record when he finally manages to put something together on the platform.

I met mendy that day, and to say he’s “getting a bit old” is the understatement of the century. Dude looks like he’s got both feet in the grave at this point.

The dude’s clearly one of the best benchers who’s ever lived, but his time’s done. [/quote]

He looked winded getting psyched up for that second bench…

He also looks rounder than I remember.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
He looked winded getting psyched up for that second bench…

He also looks rounder than I remember.[/quote]

Yeah man, I don’t mean to sound like such a hater (although I do think he’s a prissy prick, lol), but I couldn’t believe how much of a chore just SITTING for the guy was. He was winded walking over to the scale for weigh-ins!

Obviously, I’m sure he loaded up on a ton of shit for the meet and isn’t always in that condition, but man, it was pretty painful to watch.