Mendelson Benches a Harley

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/9099

Extraordinarily shitty video, but yeah. There you go.

Hmmm, I’m surprised he didn’t miss that attempt…he seems to miss nearly everything he’s tried as of late.

Why did they pick Mendelbomb over Kennelly?

[quote]Dominator wrote:
Hmmm, I’m surprised he didn’t miss that attempt…he seems to miss nearly everything he’s tried as of late.

Why did they pick Mendelbomb over Kennelly? [/quote]

He did 850 x2 at the Europa show recently right? Looked fairly comfortable too.

Tbh I think he just misses lifts cos he’s trying to hit numbers he’s not really capable of. He’ll get lucky eventually and hit a big one no doubt…

Any time I’ve seen him attempt something reasonable (<1000lb) he hasn’t had any trouble!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Why did they pick Mendelbomb over Kennelly?

Tbh I think he just misses lifts cos he’s trying to hit numbers he’s not really capable of. He’ll get lucky eventually and hit a big one no doubt…

Any time I’ve seen him attempt something reasonable (<1000lb) he hasn’t had any trouble![/quote]

Kennelly himself has said Mendelson could hit a 1000+ Bench if they got together and worked on his shirt form.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Any time I’ve seen him attempt something reasonable (<1000lb) he hasn’t had any trouble![/quote]

IMO, a guy with a 713 raw bench should be hitting a grand in a shirt, and, the same guy who doubles 850 should be hitting a grand as well.

His numbers more than put him in that ballpark, I think he just misses now any time the pressure is on. Like everything else, when people see and here about things being done in training, at some point, it needs to be backed up in a meet. Kennelly is proof positive of that.

It could be that he knows that he’s not close to Kennelly, but to keep himself in the conversation as one of the best, he continually tries big numbers he knows he can’t make…may not be a bad strategy I suppose, especially if you know you can’t bench what Kennelly is doing.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Kennelly himself has said Mendelson could hit a 1000+ Bench if they got together and worked on his shirt form.
[/quote]

That could be true, but maybe he just needs to get stronger, more along the lines of what Kennelly is doing. Plus, the reason Kennelly is great is because he’s figured out exactly what works for him, same can be said for Frankl

IMO, Kennelly and Frankl are in a totally different catagory when it come to lifting…they legitimately are freaks of bench!

Jeez, glad I read through the thread. I almost posted that I saw this commercial last night and thought it was fantastic. I was also going to post that I thought it was cool Mendy actually auditioned for the part and told the people at the audition that he’d do a “real” psych-up for the audition.

As I said, I’m glad I read the thread before I posted that stuff about the commercial as opposed to talking about all of Mendy’s bombs.

[quote]halftooth wrote:

That could be true, but maybe he just needs to get stronger,
[/quote]

I’m not gonna pretend like I know what the truth is, but Ryan said “He has all the power in the world.”

That was pretty silly. Hope he was paid well