Mendelson 1102 Bench Attempts

[quote]HitEmHard wrote:
Just curious how many attempts has he made in his laft few comps? I always seem to hear hes missed again

attempting 1102lb takes balls but so does wiping your ass with an industrial sander…doesnt make it smart does it?[/quote]

I think that’s part of the sick, sick culture of our sport. There’s no good reason for one guy to try and lift somethign really heavy by himself, especially when he’s got lots of folks standing around willing to help him.

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:
Hanley wrote:
What about those attempts was “solid”?

The 25 man recovery attempt after the dump looked solid. Pretty sweet camera angle there too. Here are my thoughts on the Mendlebomber: I understand when you get to that point, its all about the WR. I can appreciate that. What I don’t get is the gross infatuation with his ATTEMPTS. He swings and misses all the time. Call me crazy, but I don’t think that 2 bad misses with any weight is really newsworthy.

Jason

[/quote]

HA

was he injured?

[quote]quagmeyer wrote:
Antone know who makes the overkill shirts? Are they poly or denim?[/quote]

BOTH!

Seriously though, what’s the last weight he’s actually hit? I can’t remember when his last successful attempt was, other than his harley press.

[quote]al1492 wrote:
was he injured?[/quote]

Who, the guy in your avatar? I sure hope so…

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
al1492 wrote:
was he injured?

Who, the guy in your avatar? I sure hope so…[/quote]

LOL! Well played

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
quagmeyer wrote:
Antone know who makes the overkill shirts? Are they poly or denim?

BOTH!

Seriously though, what’s the last weight he’s actually hit? I can’t remember when his last successful attempt was, other than his harley press.[/quote]

In fairness he did go over 1,000 early this year or late last year.

Ya know…maybe it’s time to just kick back and have a beer when it takes a small army to spot you.

1201lb 2 board attempt.

what in the fuck, how can you even have that on your arms. This is stupid.

I dont really know what to think about Mendyother than at 300+ pounds he has visible abs shown (yes he does, seen the pic in july’s issue of powerliftingUSA) and he has sweet ass ink on his back!

I dont realy understand why the woldnt have a bench that has the safety rack on. It seems like a good idea to me, if the USAPL has them and most people there arent benching over 700 and dont have shirts that will dump as easily, why wouldnt he?

Mendy is a very strong dude. But he bombs at almost every meet. 1st attempts are about getting in the meet, no one should try and break a world record on a first attempt that is just stupid!!

[quote]muscle_g wrote:
Mendy is a very strong dude. But he bombs at almost every meet. 1st attempts are about getting in the meet, no one should try and break a world record on a first attempt that is just stupid!![/quote]

Here’s a portion of Jason Pegg’s comment from the previous page:

Unless there’s money on the line, I doubt Mendy and Kenelly and those guys could really care about just winning another meet.

And getting your first attempt in is generally more for full power meets as opposed to just bench competitions. In a full power meet you don’t want to blow your total (ie. Sider squatting 1,000+, then bombing on bench) do to just one lift, but in a pure bench meet, would it really matter to you if you bombed vs. only got in a token lift?

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
muscle_g wrote:
Mendy is a very strong dude. But he bombs at almost every meet. 1st attempts are about getting in the meet, no one should try and break a world record on a first attempt that is just stupid!!

I understand when you get to that point, its all about the WR. I can appreciate that.

Unless there’s money on the line, I doubt Mendy and Kenelly and those guys could really care about just winning another meet.

And getting your first attempt in is generally more for full power meets as opposed to just bench competitions. In a full power meet you don’t want to blow your total (ie. Sider squatting 1,000+, then bombing on bench) do to just one lift, but in a pure bench meet, would it really matter to you if you bombed vs. only got in a token lift?
[/quote]

Judging by his previous meets I think it’s due time for him to hit anykind of attempt, instead of just bombing out.

[quote]muscle_g wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
muscle_g wrote:

I understand when you get to that point, its all about the WR. I can appreciate that.

Judging by his previous meets I think it’s due time for him to hit anykind of attempt, instead of just bombing out. [/quote]

Ummm he did 1,025 less than 9 months ago.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
muscle_g wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
muscle_g wrote:

Judging by his previous meets I think it’s due time for him to hit anykind of attempt, instead of just bombing out.

Ummm he did 1,025 less than 9 months ago.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t taking anything away from the guy, hell I couldn’t imagine holding that much weight over my face!! He’s one of the best! I am just saying he has bombed out in alot of meets. I hope he gets the world record.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
muscle_g wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
muscle_g wrote:

Ummm he did 1,025 less than 9 months ago.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t taking anything away from the guy, hell I couldn’t imagine holding that much weight over my face!! He’s one of the best! I am just saying he has bombed out in alot of meets. I hope he gets the world record.