Men with Flip Flops in Gym

Not allowed in our gym, with no exceptions.

[quote]studgorilla wrote:

[quote]Dahollow wrote:
I hate em!! It’s not cool you fag, it’s freaking gay. I don’t want to look at your damn hairy feet in the gym.

And don’t get me started about the noise they make while walking. Always makes me want to yell “get your feet of the fakking ground”.

/rant[/quote]

Back in “the Golden Days” of bodybuilding, in Arnold’s era, with Draper, Zane, Columbo etc. wearing flip-flops at the gym was common. Lots of barefoot lifting, and calf work was usually done in bare feet. You can see it in lots of photos from that era. Check out “Pumping Iron”. [/quote]
But back then if somebody dropped a weight on their foot they probably didn’t sue. Today these dorks will.

[quote]younggully wrote:

[quote]Dahollow wrote:
I hate em!! It’s not cool you fag, it’s freaking gay. I don’t want to look at your damn hairy feet in the gym.

And don’t get me started about the noise they make while walking. Always makes me want to yell “get your feet of the fakking ground”.

/rant[/quote]

Back in “the Golden Days” of bodybuilding, in Arnold’s era, with Draper, Zane, Columbo etc. wearing flip-flops at the gym was common. Lots of barefoot lifting, and calf work was usually done in bare feet. You can see it in lots of photos from that era. Check out “Pumping Iron”. [/quote]
But back then if somebody dropped a weight on their foot they probably didn’t sue. Today these dorks will.[/quote]

ummm and a pair of Nike sneakers will offer how much protection over barefoot training???

there is a teacher at my gym who routinely reps in the mid-high 400’s on deadlifts(he’s mid fifites i think), and nobody says a word, cool guy though.

[quote]IB.Curlin wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Sandals are female attire. Even the GZA agrees with me! “That’s minimum and feminine like sandals”

Sorry, but it’s true. No one wants to look at your greasy, crusty, ugly feet.

Men and sandals are only acceptable in a public shower, a public pool, or at the beach.[/quote]
I have to agree. I don’t see how guys go walking around a busy area going to bars in jeans and sandals, it looks fucking retarded and I hope someone steps on your foot.[/quote]

It’s even better when said sandal wearer is a tough guy picking fights. One of the funniest things I’ve witnessed was a few months ago when some guy wearing jeans and sandals decided to pick a fight with someone at the bar. I have no idea why it started, but thank god it did. Sandal guy was talking shit real loud so people would gather, the other guy was a little shorter and chubbier and just stood their laughing. The bouncers started to come over to remove the problem, sandal guy noticed and decided he would take a swing, short/chubby guy ducks and stomps on the sandal guys toes. Sandal guy is on the ground crying as he is removed by the bouncers. TWAS AWESOME! [/quote]
That is indeed awesome.

[quote]younggully wrote:
Not allowed in our gym, with no exceptions.[/quote]

This is true for most gyms since insurance won’t cover the bill if someone gets injured

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]younggully wrote:
Not allowed in our gym, with no exceptions.[/quote]

This is true for most gyms since insurance won’t cover the bill if someone gets injured[/quote]

Exactly. Although I dont care either way. There are idiots who wear em with no damn reason and then there are men who do and are badasses. My gym wont allow it but i did slip off my shoes one day while doin squats and I got into it bad witht he gym owner. Old piece of shit couldnt even bench 100lbs. But thats another story

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
Who cares what other people are wearing? I wear shoes because I think its the right thing to wear… although i do strip down to barefoot when doing squats and deads. [/quote]

socks?

and I see someone benching like a fucking epileptic fuck tard (you’ve seen what I’m talking about) and they just so happen to be wearing flip flops and I think “YOU DUMB ASS MOTHA FUCKER!” what kind of douche bag taught you that trick?

[quote]Nards wrote:
Agreed over 9000%[/quote]

What the hell is wrong with flip flops, even at the gym?

Jesus christ a lot of you are just stupid.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]younggully wrote:

[quote]Dahollow wrote:

/rant[/quote]

Not the point, I’m just speaking of liabilty. But if I had a choice of 45pds dropping on my foot with or without sneakers, I’ll take the shoes.
But back then if somebody dropped a weight on their foot they probably didn’t sue. Today these dorks will.[/quote]

ummm and a pair of Nike sneakers will offer how much protection over barefoot training??? [/quote]

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Jesus christ a lot of you are just stupid.[/quote]

Jesus Christ wore sandals. Personally, I think his choice of sensible footwear contributed somewhat to his ability to rise from the grave. But then again, I wasn’t there at the time.

Well if Jesus wore then then sign me up. What’d he wear? Nike?

He probably wore under Armour

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
At my old gym overseas I would bike over with flip flops on then leave them by my bike and train entirely barefoot. I wish I could still train barefoot.[/quote]

try these. http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
i just got a pair for working out,really good. the advantages of barefoot, but with some good rubber.

Always seemed like they were begging to get a toe broken. Not that it happens often, but I’ve dropped weights on my feet before and with the hard rubber toe tip on my chucks it kept me from getting hurt a lot worse.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]IB.Curlin wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Sandals are female attire. Even the GZA agrees with me! “That’s minimum and feminine like sandals”

Men and sandals are only acceptable in a public shower, a public pool, or at the beach.[/quote]
I have to agree. I don’t see how guys go walking around a busy area going to bars in jeans and sandals, it looks fucking retarded and I hope someone steps on your foot.[/quote]

It’s even better when said sandal wearer is a tough guy picking fights. One of the funniest things I’ve witnessed was a few months ago when some guy wearing jeans and sandals decided to pick a fight with someone at the bar. I have no idea why it started, but thank god it did. Sandal guy was talking shit real loud so people would gather, the other guy was a little shorter and chubbier and just stood their laughing. The bouncers started to come over to remove the problem, sandal guy noticed and decided he would take a swing, short/chubby guy ducks and stomps on the sandal guys toes. Sandal guy is on the ground crying as he is removed by the bouncers. TWAS AWESOME! [/quote]
That is indeed awesome.[/quote]

I never understood why people could think life isnt worth living when Golden moments like this happen every day.

hate flip flops.

It seems like most of the flip-flop Nazis are from the great white North. If you grow up in the South, especially on the water, flippy floppies are a way of life. I only wear five fingers because flip flops and bare feet in the gym aren’t acceptable. Live and let live, dudes.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Jesus christ a lot of you are just stupid.[/quote]

I wish theyd let me train in sandals.

The again we are from florida.

[quote]Dahollow wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Sandals are female attire.
[/quote]

I don’t wear flip-flops to the gym so I’m indifferent on this subject plus I agree with the noise they make being irritating. However it seems a bit ironic moaning about them being gay when you two sound like a right couple of fairies bitching about seeing people’s feet.