Men Using Make Up

[quote]thogue wrote:

Nothing weird about guys getting tanned and oiled up, then flexing around in thongs on stage, though.[/quote]

You got the right idea, excuse me while I man up this thread.

Jay, not wearing make up.

Does lipstick on your cock count as wearing makeup?

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Does lipstick on your cock count as wearing makeup?[/quote]

Nope, thats winning.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
It’s peacocking, and if it scores a dude more chicks, you can’t really say it’s gay. [/quote]

It’s gay.[/quote]

Actually, being effeminate is the most masculine thing anybody could ever do.

What’s gay is the idea that because something isn’t the norm - it’s gay. Look at the warriors of history- Picts, Celts, Gauls, Native Americans, South Americans, Africans, wherever…many of these guys painted their faces before battle and didn’t give a shit what people thought. And these were men going out to slaughter other men, not standing at a bar buying a beer.

I don’t wear make-up by the way. Just throwing that out there :smiley:

No homo

[quote]Stern wrote:
What’s gay is the idea that because something isn’t the norm - it’s gay. Look at the warriors of history- Picts, Celts, Gauls, Native Americans, South Americans, Africans, wherever…many of these guys painted their faces before battle and didn’t give a shit what people thought. And these were men going out to slaughter other men, not standing at a bar buying a beer.

[/quote]

Are you really trying to justify your makeup use by comparing it to war paint?

Striking fear into your enemy before you slaughter them like a complete savage is a lot different than wearing eyeliner because “it brings out your eyes”.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

Warriors of today.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

Warriors of today.[/quote]

What’s not showing in that picture is his enemy, impaled on a spear, bleeding out over a field of corpses…

=P

[quote]overstand wrote:
Metrosexuality is on the rise. Guys are following fashion, tanning and grooming themselves at unprecedented levels.[/quote]

Compared to who, cave men?

I doubt Guido’s will be wearing make up. Their list of ‘make-up’ includes fake tan, anti-wrinkle cream, eye cream, &c. mostly stuff so you don’t look like an old ass and aren’t pasty white.

[quote]
Axe brand make up in 5-10 years, count on it.[/quote]

See, you guys might see an emo but I see a kid struggling to contain his inner warrior!!!

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
It’s not the most masculine thing to do, but I don’t think it’s that much different than anything else done for aesthetic reasons. It’s peacocking, and if it scores a dude more chicks, you can’t really say it’s gay. It’s not for me, and I would say most men are better off without it, but than so are alot of women.[/quote]

80% of those products they were using were skin care, not what people would think of as make-up. I know it’s really awesome to beat your skin up by the boiling son, the freezing cold, motor oil, &c. but sometimes you gotta put the lotion on the skin or you get the hose again.

All of you skin care haters, just want to throw this out there…

Would you rather want pimple-faced, acne scarred, blotchy, leather wallet looking skin that is so bad that you could light a match on it?

I am not for or against make-up, but if the alternative is looking like the next on-screen creature, I would opt for whatever I needed to not look that way.

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

Are you really trying to justify your makeup use by comparing it to war paint?

Striking fear into your enemy before you slaughter them like a complete savage is a lot different than wearing eyeliner because “it brings out your eyes”.[/quote]

But it wasn’t just warriors was it? See, I was pointing out the extreme opposite of ‘unmanly’. Look a bit further afield over the history of mankind - from the tribes of early men, possibly even Cro-Magnon who were playing with pigments, right up to the Victorian era. Make-up was certainly not just a tool for women. The application of make-up has always served a purpose; to make an impact, to accentuate, to lure, to frighten.

As I said - I couldn’t care either way. I agree with whoever above said they prefer women with little make-up. But if a guy wants to wear eyeliner - it’s got jack to do with me and I certainly wouldn’t consider him gay.

^

Maybe it’s cause you’re European that you don’t know it’s gay - but it is gay. Now go get your man purse and skip along.

[quote]Wilba wrote:
^

Maybe it’s cause you’re European that you don’t know it’s gay - but it is gay. Now go get your man purse and skip along.

[/quote]

P’ting. I was raised in Texas. NEXT?

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wilba wrote:
^

[/quote]

P’ting. I was raised in Texas. NEXT?[/quote]

Pshhh. dont listen to him he’s a fuckstick vaGiants fan. Wait a sec…you said TEXAS? fuck you too, then.