T Nation

Men, Short or Medium Hair: Do You Wash it Daily?

Just curious because i’ve always had a problem with my hair being too dried out, even if I use moisturizing shampoo & conditioners.

Recently I decided that if I didn’t go to the gym on a particular day, or didn’t sweat my balls off doing something else that I wouldn’t shampoo it when I showered. I have to say I’ve liked the results…my hair looks much healthier!

Just wondering if this was pretty much a well known fact and I just caught on, or if I’m out of the ordinary for doing this. .

I read in a style book recently that you’re not actually supposed to wash your hair with shampoo every day. I do it once every couple of days and my hair is much less frizzy now. Two thumbs up.

When I shampoo my hair daily, I get dandruff. When I shampoo it once every 3 or 4 days, I do not.

Ok, so apparently I’m not an odd duck…at least not for doing this…

completely agree about it being less frizzy if you don’t shampoo every day btw

Washing every day does seem to dry out my hair,its naturaly dry anyways.and I have to wash it every day because I work in a scrap yard (when I do work) and it gets nasty fast.

but I found spending the money on a really good,thick conditioner and using tha tevery day works great.

salon type stuff like redkin and I use treseeme how ever its spelled.

might be 6 dollars a bottle for conditioner but I use the plain suave 1.00 shampoo and its great.

well worth it in my book.aussie makes some good stuff too.

ok now I need to go and get some of my free test back before I start to grow boobs from this thread.

WTF!!! guys dont talk about hair just shave your damned head and you will have no problems.

oh ya and the same conditioner works wonders on my pubes too I have had plenty compliments.

Let the conditioner sit in your hair for a few minutes. So shampoo, condition, wash face, wash body, jerk off, etc. then rinse out the conditioner.

My scalp doesn’t get dry from shampoo but if I don’t leave conditioner in for a few minutes I find I will get sun burnt on my head very easily. I’ve got buzzed blond hair fyi.

I seem to have the opposite problem from the OP. I’m surprised the Saudi’s or Texas Oil Men haven’t sunk a couple of wells in my hair. I gotta “wash and wax” it daily. I usually keep it fairly short, too, and it’s still an oily mess.

i seriously shower once or twice a week and nobody notices

[quote]eremesu wrote:
i seriously shower once or twice a week and nobody notices[/quote]

I’m sure they do.

diluted apple cider vinegar FTW

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
diluted apple cider vinegar FTW[/quote]

I use that or white vinegar to wash cars.
strips the wax and bugs and water spots and crud off the cars without harming the clear coat at all

[quote]nichaaron wrote:
I use that or white vinegar to wash cars.
strips the wax and bugs and water spots and crud off the cars without harming the clear coat at all
[/quote]

just vinegar and water? no soap? i’m going to try that this week

I shampoo and condition my hair every other day. Condition the beard and pubes every day.