Men Going Their Own Way

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

If you put that much energy into blaming the opposite sex for your problems, male or female, I’m going to assume sour grapes.
[/quote]

Sometimes the grapes actually are sour.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
But hey, protest on, men who can’t get women anyway![/quote]
Not that I care one way or the other since I don’t self identify with these people, and I’m not in any way involved with MRA or MGTOW or whatever the fuck other acronyms there are.

BUT

I believe this is actually one of their main points. Even you, an intelligent, educated woman, make a statement defining men by their ability to “get” a woman. As though a man’s value is only determined by how hot of a chick he can score. If you can’t get a woman, you’re not a real man, and you have little to no value as a human being. I think a big part of their point is that they should be able to define themselves and have value independently and not be seen as lesser or greater depending on the status of their relationship or lack there of with a female.[/quote]

Lol at “intelligent”. After making that kind of statement it’s obvious that she even sees herself as an object devoid of moral agency.

You can’t “get” women unless you actually propose that you own them.

The DEEPEST most prolific form of disrespect you can show towards a woman is to remove from them all moral agency and unfortunately that is the standard in government and modern societies.

I’d rather be a man going deep inside.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
I liked this one:

[/quote]
LOL good lord that was winded.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
I liked this one:

[/quote]

So, it turns a 10 second conversation into a 10 minute rant? F that!

Based on what I read in the “about” page in that site, I think what these people really need is a hug.

I only read a bit on the link. Seems like more like a tantrum than a philosophy per se. If you don’t want to “jump through hoops” fine, don’t. But then stop bitching about it and go do something else.

Reminds me of atheists who decide religion is invalid and then spend all their time and energy ranting about it. Just weird to me and not particularly interesting at all.

Probably just a bunch of daily wankers, who cares.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Of course, all of this is in direct response to women going their own way. But hey, protest on, men who can’t get women anyway![/quote]

“get” women?

If by women you mean female hypergamic whores devoid society places zero moral agency on then yes.[/quote]

Don’t be so naive as to believe that there aren’t decent women out there as well as bitter men that fail to attract them.

[quote]tedro wrote:

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Of course, all of this is in direct response to women going their own way. But hey, protest on, men who can’t get women anyway![/quote]

“get” women?

If by women you mean female hypergamic whores devoid society places zero moral agency on then yes.[/quote]

Don’t be so naive as to believe that there aren’t decent women out there as well as bitter men that fail to attract them.[/quote]

A lot of these guys are writing from major cities like LA, DC, Seattle. I think their environment greatly skews their perceptions.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Never heard of that. How are women going their own way? Last I checked women still want to get married more than ever.[/quote]

"U.S. marriage rates have reached historic lows in recent years. Since 1970 - when about 74 marriages happened annually for every 1,000 unmarried women â?? the marriage rate declined by nearly 60%, dropping to 31 marriages per 1,000 unmarried women by 2012, the National Center for Family and Marriage Research at Bowling Green State University found.

The descent is even more pronounced for millennials. In 1960, a little over two-thirds (68%) of all 20-somethings were married. In 2008, just 26% were hitched, according to the Pew Research Center."

Business Insider[/quote]

In terms of attitudes:
I’ve seen surveys showing men losing interest in marriage while women’s interest in marriage remains stronger than ever.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

More and more women find work and independence more gratifying than family-building. That’s fine.
[/quote]

1 in 4 American women in their 40s and 50s are on antidepressants.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2013/08/12/a-glut-of-antidepressants/

I wonder if the ever increasing childlessness of the American woman and this statistic are intertwined?

Hint:

Live within your biology: be happy live outside it: be miserable (childless careerist)

[quote]batman730 wrote:
I only read a bit on the link. Seems like more like a tantrum than a philosophy per se. If you don’t want to “jump through hoops” fine, don’t. But then stop bitching about it and go do something else.

Reminds me of atheists who decide religion is invalid and then spend all their time and energy ranting about it. Just weird to me and not particularly interesting at all.
[/quote]

I kind of understand the “if you are MGTOW and talk about it you are pathetic” attitude, but on the other hand you only know about the ones that talk about it.

Which is probably around 1% or so.

MRA is such nonsense. As if men are in any way discriminated against because of their sex or gender.

We need rights too is the rallying call of morons. You already have all your rights for god sake. Its like complaining about no white history month. There are, most months are white history month.

Even the few examples some men give like divorce and custody issues, those things favor women because the laws were written in a sexist and patriarchal time where women could not work and were not even given the right to vote. Acting like women are controlling society because a few sexist laws written by men in a time women could not work or vote because if they got divorced they had no means of providing for themselves or their kids.

Blaming women for your inability to get laid is like blaming the jews for the economy. its not them, its you.

[quote]ScholesGoals wrote:
MRA is such nonsense. As if men are in any way discriminated against because of their sex or gender.

We need rights too is the rallying call of morons. You already have all your rights for god sake. Its like complaining about no white history month. There are, most months are white history month.

Even the few examples some men give like divorce and custody issues, those things favor women because the laws were written in a sexist and patriarchal time where women could not work and were not even given the right to vote. Acting like women are controlling society because a few sexist laws written by men in a time women could not work or vote because if they got divorced they had no means of providing for themselves or their kids.

Blaming women for your inability to get laid is like blaming the jews for the economy. its not them, its you.[/quote]

Please go play in traffic.

In case you are wondering, I am exercising my patriarchal privilege by ordering you around.

[quote]orion wrote:

Blaming women for your inability to get laid is like blaming the jews for the economy. its not them, its you.[/quote]

In case you are wondering, I am exercising my patriarchal privilege by ordering you around. [/quote]

Good rebbual.

Are 1 in 6 men raped by women?
Do men face a large pay gap?
Did men only get the vote in 1920?
Do men suffer overwhelming domestic abuse at the hands of women?
Are men being told by women what they can and can’t do with their body and trying to make it against the law to do with it as you see fit?

Men who want to act like they are victims of a female conspiracy are just losers who hate their sad lives and blame women for their own social, physical and personal shortcomings.

Get over it.

[quote]orion wrote:

In case you are wondering, I am exercising my patriarchal privilege by ordering you around. [/quote]

Good rebbual.

Are men being told by women what they can and can’t do with their body and trying to make it against the law to do with it as you see fit?

Men who want to act like they are victims of a female conspiracy are just losers who hate their sad lives and blame women for their own social, physical and personal shortcomings.

Get over it.
[/quote]

Horseshit all around.

I am not even going to get into the details and I normally would, but I can only deal with so much bullshit.

Yeah baby, exercising my patriarchal privilege once again, because penis.

PEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSS !?!

And…

Patriarchaaaaaaaayyyyy !?! TM

[/quote]
If this is an inversion of 1 in 6 women being raped by men, then wow. The number of rape victims is massively less than 1 in 6. If in fact that is what you were referring to. That is one of the most insane statistics I have ever read, and if you believe that, I am doubtful you will even be intelligent enough to carry on a conversation with me.

[/quote]
No, and neither do women lol. Please educate yourself on the “pay gap”. It is not real.

[/quote]
It’s not 1920. This doesn’t matter. Unless you want to start giving black people special privileges for their delayed rights. Or hell, just give all Protestants special privileges for their delayed rights and just fuck white Catholic men only.

[/quote]
Female on male spousal abuse is actually, statistically quite a large portion of domestic abuse in the US. I don’t have the number in front of me, but I believe it was nearly half. And in addition to that, female on male abuse is grossly under reported due to the societal stigma associated with a male being abused by a woman.

[/quote]
Ah abortion. That took me a second. “Men” aren’t against abortion. Republicans are against abortion, and then again only some of them. That includes men and women. I don’t really give a shit about this point though.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I don’t have a dog in this fight, since I don’t identify with these folks and I haven’t read any of their stuff. BUT. Your argument was just too horrible not to tear down lol. Like a low hanging fruit, I just had to go for it.