Men get screwed, again

Title 9 is probably the biggest blow ever to American manhood. Nothing else has contributed as much to the rise of estrogen levels, pussy-ness and loss of balls in American men. The day feminists and lawyers conspired to eliminate many male collegiate athletic programs is a dark day in our history as men.

The loss of manly sports like wrestling, hockey, rugby and even football (in some schools) has been replaced by the squealing and yelling of young women on a deserted soccer or lacrosse field in front of 50 fans, and by the sweating and grunting of stocky dykes playing an intense game of softball.

The irony is that all female collegiate athletic programs are funded by 2 sports played by men: football and basketball. The athletes who play these 2 sports bring in the most money and thus the opportunity for the schools to have toher teams.

I know there are exceptions- there always are. Some female basketball programs earn money, and in some schools other sports are the biggest moneymakers.

But I wonder how popular UCONN women’s hoops would be without the men’s team that brought the school to prominence. Not very.

Maybe when I have 17 yr old daughters applying to college and who will get an athletic scholarship, I’ll change my mind. Maybe.

“COURT RULES AGAINST MALE ATHLETES. An appeals court panel upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit claiming that federal education officials discriminated against male athletes in enforcing equal opportunities for women. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit affirmed a ruling that the National Wrestling Coaches Association and other athletic groups failed to show that the antidiscrimination law known as Title IX directly caused a reduction in men’s sports.” -AP

What does this mean exactly Sonny? Does this mean that there are no longer going to be men only sports? or what? I am not ‘up’ on any laws or news that could in any way be considered ‘new’. So really what are they trying to say, that women are allowed in any sport they want, or that there can’t be more men’s sport teams than womens? or that women can join in on the men’s sports and thus the men can play the womens sports as well?

I just don’tquite catch on to the problem.

-Dave

SD- I wrote the first part, didn’t mean to confuse you.

Title 9 dereed that there has to be an equal number of women’s sports teams as mens, because if not that is discrimination.

Title IX requires schools receiving federal funds to give women an equal chance to play sports.

Since almost all schools in the US receive federal funds, the threat is this: if there is not an equal opportunity for women to play, federal money will be removed.

So, there has to be at least an equal amount of team or else that is discrimination.

That’s the gist of it.

Me neither…

Title 9 bans discrimination in many diff’t areas, and is overall a great law, except for the last point:

*   Admissions (applies only to vocational, professional, graduate, and public coeducational undergraduate institutions)
* Housing and facilities
* Courses and other educational activities
* Career guidance and counseling services
* Student financial aid
* Student health and insurance benefits
* Scholastic, intercollegiate, club, or intramural athletics

If I am interpreting this law correctly
it seems that they took a good concept and perverted it.

Most women are not as interested in sports as most men. With that said I think that if there were some opportunitys, enough to meet the needs of the women who are interested, then that should suffice.

Stating that the proportion of teams for both sexes has got to be equal is just ridiculous as there are not as many women interested in playing those sports.

This is what is killing wrestling programs across the country, if I am not mistaken.

gotcha… that does suck, I would say give the sports that have the most people interested in playing the sport first dibs, but reserve at least a few sports for women, like say if your school has a budget for 6 sports teams, the first three teams would be the most popular sports beit a men’s team or women’s, doesn’t matter. But the next three would be divided equally starting with the gender that has the least sports teams already.

Examply
first three teams
1)mens football
2)men’s basketball
3)women’s volleyball
then the last three would start with women and alternate, it works out half and half anyways.

BUT this is only if there are alot of people from both genders vieing for sports teams, it would be just stupid to make a … synchronized crocheting team of 3 women… just because they need to even out the teams when there are a huge ammount of men that want to play a sport.

But then again common sense doesn’t usually apply to people with power.

makes sense to me.

-Dave

yea i think this is huge. last year so many teams got cut from the school’s programs. for example Mens Outdoor track at some schools… but they still kept indoor track. I know not all of you are runners, but in track, you have preseason in the fall, indoor is a prep racing season, then outdoor track is when the times come down fast. Without outdoor track, then indoor is nothing. Just a really really short season.

There were many petitions to stop the cutting of programs but so many teams like swimming and soccer too! I heard of one track coach who gave up his salary to pay for the team. That is dedication. So much respect for him…

As for my team, they had to cut back on the size of the roster because of financial reasons, or so coach says. Yea thats what he did… then recruit and keep slower runners and lose money over kids who quit. (oops, personal rant)

title ix started before britney spears was born (before 1981)…it hasn’t been a concern until it comes time for cuts in college spending. that’s what I’ve noticed. title ix IS a tool to dumb-down athletics as seen in the eyes of society. the question is how long will women be “not as good” as men in repsective sports? one answer is when we, as a society, encourage t-nation values rather than estrogen-ladden nonsense. The term lady-like to me is what makes a woman weak.

Title IX has other wierd ramifications as well. I remember back when I played ball, we had to take down the football wieght lifting records off the wall in the weight room because some chick bitched about it. If I recall, she even called the NCAA and shit. Some people have too much time on their hands I guess.

“This is what is killing wrestling programs across the country, if I am not mistaken.”

Exactly, which is why that lawsuit was brought by an association of wrestling coaches.

Wrestling programs were always the first to go, because by eliminating that sport you only affected a small # of athletes in a sport that, unfortunately, is not that popular in most schools.

SO, 10-12 wrestlers could be replaced
by 25 or so soccer players.

"BUT this is only if there are alot of people from both genders vieing for sports teams, it would be just stupid to make a … synchronized crocheting team of 3 women… just because they need to even out the teams when there are a huge amount of men that want to play a sport. "

Exactly, that’s exactly the problem. This is a forced, unnatural change that eliminated sports for thousands of college age men who were genuinely serious about their sport.

Now we are forcing boys to act more like girls and viceversa, in the name of diversity.
THere was a school that banned tag, freakin’ TAG, because the boys played rougher thant the girls. Mind-boggling and nauseating at the same time

“we had to take down the football wieght lifting records off the wall in the weight room because some chick bitched about it. If I recall, she even called the NCAA and shit. Some people have too much time on their hands I guess.”

Some people are cunts is what it is.

I’m going to think about this post during my next workout because the anger I’m feeling is going to be very productive for getting more reps