T Nation

Memorial Day

Hopefully we can all take a moment to think about those who came before us and gave us the freedom to idly discuss politics, without repurcussion.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. "

George S. Patton

Thanks to the guys/gals in uniform on this forum as well:

Hedo/PtrDr/Brother E./Ranger and even pox.

If I’ve forgotten someone, I apologize.

JeffR

AMEN to that!!!

Thanks for doing what I don’t have the sack to do.

Yut, Yut!

To all of you hardcharges still dug-in in the sand, semper fi.

To all of you comeing back not whole, semper fi.

To all of you not coming back, semper fi.

Thank you, my band of brothers.

Once a marine always a marine!

I would like to wish everyone on T-Nation (even you JeffR) as well as our Armed Forces a very happy Memorial weekend!

I have learned a lot from the people on this site and much from the people I have disagreed with at times. It’s a great Nation to belong to!

Cheers to all, Elk

From Sgt. Black Five’s posting re: Memorial Day. I thought it was well said.

The words to “Taps” are:

Day Is Done,
Gone the Sun,
From the Earth,
From the Hill,
From the Sky,
All Is Well,
Safely Rest,
God Is Nigh

When Taps is played at dusk, it has a completely different meaning than when Taps is played during the day. No soldier really wants to hear it played during daylight. For when the bugle plays Taps in the daylight…that means a soldier has fallen…There is a belief among some that Taps is the clarion call to open the gates of heaven for the fallen warrior and letting them know to “Safely Rest”…I can’t speak for the friends of the many others who have fallen, but for Mat, Cooter, and Mike, I can say this -

It’s important to remember them, and it’s just as important to enjoy yourself this weekend. To spend time with your family and friends. Have a beer while grilling Wisconsin brats (Schram-bo!) in the backyard while watching your kids play tag.

What better assurance to them they did not die in vain?

Enjoying your freedom and understanding it’s value is the best way to honor the sacrifices of my friends.

That’s the way they’d want you to spend Memorial Day.

Remembering them, and being a good dad and husband and an American is the best way that I can honor their memory.

Well said, Hedo. I don’t respond to any of the posts from people regarding our armed forces, not for lack of support, but I thought this was particularly poignant.

Without the brave fighting men (in all wars) that have come before us we would surely not be here. We are free today because of them and I hope that we never forget this.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
I would like to wish everyone on T-Nation (even you JeffR) as well as our Armed Forces a very happy Memorial weekend!

I have learned a lot from the people on this site and much from the people I have disagreed with at times. It’s a great Nation to belong to!

Cheers to all, Elk[/quote]
Not me! everybody but Jeffr!

dammit ok Jeffr too.
To our armed forces!
And to Biotest!

Damn! I have to mow :frowning:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the nice PM’s people have been sending me in light of Memorial Day. Means a lot. RLTW

rangertab75

Thanks Jeffr. I am trying to do my teenie, tiny part for our country.

Then men and women who have died for us have given the ultimate sacrifice so we can do things like get on this here website!

Peace!

Here’s a post that has a whole slew of links on how to help coalition troops:

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/003234.php