Meltdown Training

I just read through Don Alessi’s Meltdown Training article, and I’m slightly confused. Should this be a complete programm, i.e. don’t do anything except those two workouts? If so, how do you space the two workouts, and isn’t the volume kind of low?

Or should it replace cardio on a different programm, like combining Chad Waterbury’s 10x3 FFL with the Meltdown circuits thrown in on days where you dont lift?

[quote]Robert P. wrote:
I just read through Don Alessi’s Meltdown Training article … Should this be a complete programm … [/quote]

yes

do it

Dewd,

MD training will kill you. It’s like 4 sessions per week. Each session will have you puking if you do it correctly.

just do it for 2 weeks and let us know if you want to do anything else.

It takes like 12 minutes to do the training and about 20 miutes to get up off the floor.

But if your a real “hard comrade” why don’t you throw in a set of 20-rep squats on your off day ;o) have fun torturing yourself.

-chris

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Dewd,

MD training will kill you. It’s like 4 sessions per week. Each session will have you puking if you do it correctly.

It takes like 12 minutes to do the training and about 20 miutes to get up off the floor.

But if your a real “hard comrade” why don’t you throw in a set of 20-rep squats on your off day ;o) have fun torturing yourself.

-chris[/quote]

So, you would do day 1, then a day off, day 2, a day off, and then repeat?

Do it as RX’d. each work out 2 times per week. I recommend day 1, day 2, rest, day 1, day 2, rest, rest (you’ll need it).

Don’t eat much before doing it. It’s only 12 minutes so really bust your ass.

The simplest training is always the hardest. like OLAD, terrifying.

-chris

[quote]Robert P. wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:
Dewd,

-chris

So, you would do day 1, then a day off, day 2, a day off, and then repeat? [/quote]

Do it as RX’d. each work out 2 times per week. I recommend day 1, day 2, rest, day 1, day 2, rest, rest (you’ll need it).

-chris[/quote]

Okay, thanks, I’ll try it that way. And yeah, if Alessi says it hurts, I’m sure it will. Actually, you can pretty much say that about any coach on T-Nation…but if I was afraid of pain, I’d take up knitting.

dude might I warn you again about the not eating to soon before. and take the time to warm up, dynamic stretch first and then static stretch after or you will be mad stiff the next day.

-chris

[quote]Robert P. wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:

-chris

Okay, thanks, I’ll try it that way. And yeah, if Alessi says it hurts, I’m sure it will. Actually, you can pretty much say that about any coach on T-Nation…but if I was afraid of pain, I’d take up knitting.

[/quote]

dude might I warn you again about the not eating to soon before. and take the time to warm up, dynamic stretch first and then static stretch after or you will be mad stiff the next day.

-chris
[/quote]

I always warm up, so that’s no problem, but thanks for the other tips. I’m going to complete weeks 3 and 4 of the Waterbury Method, and then I’ll see if I can handle this.

I can’t do pullups, if I did meltdown training could I use lat pulldowns at a 12rm instead of chinups?

[quote]wyrd1 wrote:
I can’t do pullups, if I did meltdown training could I use lat pulldowns at a 12rm instead of chinups?[/quote]

yes