Meltdown Training ?

Started meltdown training last week. First let me say – holymotherfuckingshit!

2ndly – re lunges. 10 reps. That would be 10 each leg, right? But the article says you will travel a distance of about 20-30 feet, which would indicate 5 each leg or 10 total… Better to err with more lunges and less weight or fewer lunges and more weight?

3rdly – I can only handle 50-60% max on some exercises and still complete the sets with no rest as instructed. Is that right?

4rthly - I’m assuming there’s no need to increase the weight during the first 3 weeks since the workload increases by adding sets and rope jumping.

Now you understand Meltdowns alternate name, The Puking Death CYcle…

La’
Redsol1

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1123519979057.pukingpumpkin.gif

Anyone been through this program like to throw in their 2 cents?

Btw, which is ruder at the gym – throwing up or just flat out dying? I have contemplated both options during this program.

I did meltdown like 2 years ago and it was a bitch.

lunges, you will travel 20-30 ft because of the length you travel per step. when you do 20 lunges/10 per leg, you’re not only taking one step forward, you’re lunging which is probably more like 2.5 - 3 feet, therein don’s rationale of 20-30 ft.

Puking, yeah, expect to fight back/swallow a bit of it.

50-60% 1rep max, probably about right if you want to complete the exercises in prescribed fashion.

Sucks after taking a layoff and being out of the gym. I’m going to be starting meltdown again in a few weeks.

Might even look at Turbulence training again from CB.

Sorry for the derth of information in my first post. i did meltdown 1 in conjunction with T-dawg 1 about 3 years ago. It was a rough time. once I got fully carbed out and the keto-fog hit i was in rough shape.

The workouts are quite brutal. Very rarely do I think i’m going to need a busket in the gym, but I thought about buying one while I was doing meltdown.

One of the problems i hit was with the Chins/pull-ups. THat is a weak movement for me, so i ended up doing weight assisted chins so I could get the right amount of reps.

La’
REdsol1

Been there, done that. And yeah, it’s a bitch. A productive one well worth the effort, but a bitch nonetheless.

Lunges: I did prescribed number and never noticed how far it was.

?% of Max: Again, I just did it in the prescribed fashion knowing that weights would be less due to the nature (cycling/rest) of the program.

Increasing load: You’ll feel it when it’s time to do so. If your ass isn’t getting handed to you - kick it up a notch!

Good luck with the program!