Meltdown Questions..yes , no?

After reading alot of posts on the forum lately about Meltdown Training it seems there are a decent number of people who aren’t satisfied with their results. This looks like it is a very very solid fat loss program to me. I was wondering if you guys could honestly say why it didn’t work. Was it a diet problem ,too long rest periods taken? Also do you have any tips for accelerating results. I am planning to do it in 2 weeks before the holidays . I tried Convergent Phase training before and the circuits worked well but I don’t want to do a 3 month long program. I’m looking for 4-6 weeks. I’m trying to plan out the next 16 weeks or so of my training, Thanks alot guys, Mike

Actually, the feedback we’ve gotten at T-mag about the program has been overwhelmingly positive. I do recall one guy that didn’t have good results posting on the forum, but again, there are a lot of other factors that play a role- diet, stress, whether a person follows the program correctly etc. Based on reader mail (and my own experience), I’d say the program is a huge success.

Well the T-dawg diet is recommended in conjunction with doing this Meltdown Training, because it is a very anabolic type of diet.

I myself have just started both this diet and training program yesterday, and I can tell you it kicked my ass. I look forward to stepping on the scale Saturday morning.

I find it hard to imagine that someone didn’t get results from meltdown. It works, and works well, if you can keep from passing out somewhere long about week 4.

Thanks for the help guys. the only reason I brought this up was because i saw a couple posts where people said it didn’t work well or was just ok. I also remember people saying they only lost like 1 or 2% o bodyfat over 8 weeks. I didn’t realize there was a more overwhelming positive response. i still plan to use it and hope to drop 3 % bodyfat or so in 4-6 weeks. Chris what were your personal results?..Thanks , Mike.

Hey folks. I dropped about 4% (shonky calliper readings - I’m guessing 6%) over 7 weeks of Meltdown with about a 25-30% calorie deficit below maintenance (minimial carbs). I didn’t want to drop the calories any further as I’d be dumping muscle all over the place, I’ve learnt the hard way… If anything I’d say to up the cardio just a bit. If you’ve got access to the ‘good’ supplements (i.e. FULL range of Biotest stuff) then you could probably safely drop the calories more than I did. So, overall, I don’t think it’s the be all and end all of fat loss programs, but it is pretty good - I’ll experiment more in the future. I just hope people aren’t clutching at straws simply because they don’t wanna run their ass around the block or jump rope. I guess my only advice is to add in a touch more cardio. Good luck!

I’ve been doing meltdown along with t-dawg for just about 2 weeks now. I lowered my cals more than t-dawg recommends though. My maintenance is approx 3000, I’m eating between 2000 and 2200. I think it’s working pretty well… I’m not really sure about my bf%, but I’m down about 12 pounds since I started. I’ve been taking Nandrosol & T2 and I just started MD6 today… I’m retaining muscle pretty well. My arms and back seem to be much more defined. I have a daily log I’ve been keeping in html format… I’ll put it up soon. I know I was always fascinated with reading other t-men’s diet/training results… so I figure somebody else might feel that way. I like meltdown so far, can’t wait to see what happens next week when the ropework begins. Good luck bro. -ryan

Meltdown is an awesome program, but like any intense diet/training regimen you need to plan very well, I was my best at 4 weeks and probably went a week too long on it, but hey thats a personal observation. Its tough both physically and mentally but will definitely be part of my future schedule.

I know very little about the the meltdown training except my own experience with it. I gained four pounds of muscle in three weeks and quickly changed my workout goals for the month from fat loss to muscle gain by eating more (I’m an opportunist). My opinion-- the lactic acid build up was enough to raise my natural GH (I broke out like a high school sophomore) and I actually built some muscle. Everyone is a little different. I must have hit it at the right time. I was happy with the very unexpected results. I may try meltdown again and see if the next time I lose some fat.

Keep in mind that not all lactic acid focussed routines have the same effect. I’ve done Charles’ Manly Weight Loss, GBC and Meltdown. Meltdown has given me the best results by far. The big difference for me is doing giant sets versus supersets.

Nothing get's by heart pounding more than slow pullups to squats to pushups to deadlifts. This is tough shit, especially if you follow the tempo to the T and push yourself through the burning parts. I don't think most people follow the tempo right. When you take a FULL 3 seconds for the concentric movement you will feel it. 10 reps using a full 3 seconds has a much different feeling than 10 reps at 2-2.5 seconds. Using that continuous tension principle where you never let the muscle relax by continuously moving from rep to rep without a stall makes this even worse.

Combined with a solid, consistent diet most should see the results they are hoping for.

If it doesn’t work for someone it’s probably because of diet and a very slow metabolism. Other then meltdown training there are countless alternatives to basically the same type of training that will result in excellent conditioning and fat loss. I do some form of high intensity cardio for conditioning and fat loss purposes most of the time regardless of what my weight training program looks like. Although for pure fat loss only I think it’s probably easier on the body and mind to simply follow a regular weight training routine along with a regular cardio training routine for athletes and others interested in performance this approach will actually reduce the number of explosive muscle fibers and reduce performance so some form of lactate type training will produce fat loss without decreasing speed/explosiveness. Among them include circuit weight training, high intensity cardio, interval sprinting, fartlek running (sprint/jog), kettlebell circuit training, med.ball training, high intensity rope skipping, martial arts training, various sports (basketball, football, etc)