Melissa Deitwiller Squatting

[quote]WguitarG wrote:
She’s doing high-bar olympic, fairly close stance squats to parallel with 315, but what I find disturbing is that the first thing most people who have seen this do is try to find something to criticize. This is a 140lb girl squatting more than 90% of the guys on T-Mag, and instead of giving credit, we get comparisons to a female powerlifter who frequents this board, who trains only for limit strength in the three big lifts.
Also, according to most one-rep max calculators, which aren’t always right, but are fairly close, she could get a one-rep max raw, with only a belt of 437lb.

Why is it that T-Nation is one of the worst sites in regards to personal attacks and scrutiny? This same video was posted on another website(with many experienced lifters) and all you see is compliments, yet within the first 10 posts here you get nitpicking and comparisons to powerlifters. [/quote]

Goodness gracious! What happened while I was gone? As a woman who studies both bodybuilding and powerlifting and coming home from a difficult training day of rowing and weights, I was only learning from the video by asking questions and comparing. People compare in sports all the time and not meant as bashing. I had a great time watching your video and motivated me since I was the only female training late into the evening.

She does have a strong physique but everyone’s perspective and training methods are different so my methods are primarily focused on technique. If I have offended you, then I apologize because I have no desire to get into spats online when my primary goal is to learn about the human body through reading, experimenting, and getting constructive criticisms from others.

Now, can we have some peace and mutual understanding instead of anger and retorts when we barely know one another? Your points about ad hominem attacks are well taken since people can say unkind, mean words that hurt and injure.

I have repeatedly kept myself from responding when someone makes stupid comments on this board, but this time I just have to respond.

This woman has phenominal form and developement and while there might arguably be some variances from textbook form which is simply a matter of a individual finding their own groove based on their own biomechanics. I know for a fact she probably has better form and developement than have the blowhearts that rip on people on this forum.

I have seen all the young Roidians at the Gym supposedly training harder than anyone supposedly doing what they claim they learned here when in reality. they are sadly mistaken. I see them putting their chains and bands on a overloade barbell for their strength and doing their half hearted half assed sorry excuse for squats wich usualy amounts to some quasi good morning ass out squat that is a connective tissue issue waiting to happen, they grunt and growl, slap each other and look like shit, they are puffy and bloated from test and have the most comical unbalanced physiques, c’mon admit it you know what I mean lot’s of front delt know rear or side. Lots of tris no bis or vice versa some chest little back and no legs or calves but yet they thump their chest and say I squat 315-405.

News Flash you move the weight you aren’t lifting it there is a differance check the video again she is lifting the weight and she does have legs along with every thing else take a lesson strip down and stand in front of the mirror and tell me you have doing it right, Damn reality smacks hard doesn’t it?

And befor any of the after school bench press crew chimes in about shes on roids, Hey check it you are to only if she is she obviously knows what she is doing training wise you don’t thats why you wear those ridiculously long shorts that come down past your knees by the way if youre gonna wear shorts that long why not just wear pants?

having stated all of the above isn’t a real T-Man one who is content enough with his own life that he doesn’t have to bring his self up by bringing others down? You know “Living wellis the best revenge” it speaks for itself.

Sorry just couldn’t take the hating anymore.

Totally impressive athletic feat from a totally gorgeous woman, what more could anyone ask for?

[quote]WguitarG wrote:
She’s doing high-bar olympic, fairly close stance squats to parallel with 315, but what I find disturbing is that the first thing most people who have seen this do is try to find something to criticize. This is a 140lb girl squatting more than 90% of the guys on T-Mag, and instead of giving credit, we get comparisons to a female powerlifter who frequents this board, who trains only for limit strength in the three big lifts.
Also, according to most one-rep max calculators, which aren’t always right, but are fairly close, she could get a one-rep max raw, with only a belt of 437lb.

Why is it that T-Nation is one of the worst sites in regards to personal attacks and scrutiny? This same video was posted on another website(with many experienced lifters) and all you see is compliments, yet within the first 10 posts here you get nitpicking and comparisons to powerlifters. [/quote]

I agree that there’s absolutely no cause for criticism here. But I don’t think that 90% of the guys on this board are doing less than 315 for close to parallel squats. At least I hope not.

[quote]morepain wrote:
Totally impressive athletic feat from a totally gorgeous woman, what more could anyone ask for?[/quote]

Right.

[quote]morepain wrote:
Totally impressive athletic feat from a totally gorgeous woman, what more could anyone ask for?[/quote]

Amen to that brother. I wish my wife could lift 1/2 of that amount for 10 reps. Heck, I wish I could get 315 for 10–just kidding. =)

Seriously though, I probably couldn’t get much more than 345x10.

LJ