Melanotan

Hey guys,
I’ve been doing a bit of research on melanotan and melanotan II. Has anybody used it before? What sort of results should be expected, particularly if you have pale/freckly skin?

Do you mean melatonan?

Bushy can speak of this with much greater authority than I can, but I do know of the peptides you refer to.

Melanotan I an II are injectable peptides that are supposed to give nice dark tans without getting out in the sun for any length of time. I think you need 15 minutes of exposure to kick the melanotan into gear.

But there are some side effects to this. It seems that nausea is a widely experienced side, and for the some makes using the products prohibitive.

Another side effect is the increase in female libido. Not just the increase in sexual arousal - but an increase in the desire for sex.

This side effect is so pronounced that researchers isolated the cause of the increase in libido, and developed a female sex peptide: PT141. This stuff has real promise.

Melanotan II is the one with the sexual side effects. For both females and males. Might or might not be welcome. Some men have reported uncontrolled erections at inopportunate times. Kinda like being 14 again. I don’t think Melanotan I has any of the sexual side effects. Users of both have reported good tanning results. I’ve been meaning to try it myself but haven’t got around to it yet.

ehh I got my hands on some mtII this winter. I started taking it in january for a week and got a little darker, mostly saw side effects at first though. Yes there are erections at first, but they diminish after a few uses, so it’s no big deal.

Then I went tanning after 1 week continuous use… I turned darker than I have ever been before. I had tan lines on the wrinkles in my neck from apparently letting my neck skin wrinkle just enough to squeeze the skin while in the bed. It was ridiculous. This stuff is the real deal and not to be messed with.

I have since cut back my use to once/week (at <.5 mg per dose), but this still gets me a great tan along with a trip to the tanning bed. It does wonders at preventing redness from the tanning bed as well. Check out melanotan.org forums for more info. It’s well worth the $ if you can get quality product… I get my own from my own source so I don’t have to worry about risking buying from a crappy vendor, but not everyone can do that.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I’ve heard of the side affects, the random boners and nausea, seems to affect some people more than others but I guess it can also depend on the quality of the product.

I will definatly try to get my hands on some and see how i go, it seems to be an amazing product.

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
ehh I got my hands on some mtII this winter. I started taking it in january for a week and got a little darker, mostly saw side effects at first though. Yes there are erections at first, but they diminish after a few uses, so it’s no big deal.

Then I went tanning after 1 week continuous use… I turned darker than I have ever been before. I had tan lines on the wrinkles in my neck from apparently letting my neck skin wrinkle just enough to squeeze the skin while in the bed. It was ridiculous. This stuff is the real deal and not to be messed with.

I have since cut back my use to once/week (at <.5 mg per dose), but this still gets me a great tan along with a trip to the tanning bed. It does wonders at preventing redness from the tanning bed as well. Check out melanotan.org forums for more info. It’s well worth the $ if you can get quality product… I get my own from my own source so I don’t have to worry about risking buying from a crappy vendor, but not everyone can do that.[/quote]

How do you personally store and use it? Where do you purchase from? You buy already constituted and just keep it in the fridge? It’s a subcutaneous injection method, right?

Maybe rainjack can answer this but wasn’t a few of the research chem companies like Chemone looking into carrying this? What ever happened with that? sorry if the answer is in somewhere in the forums already…

[quote]trailrash wrote:
Maybe rainjack can answer this but wasn’t a few of the research chem companies like Chemone looking into carrying this? What ever happened with that? sorry if the answer is in somewhere in the forums already…

[/quote]

AG1 carries. I’m not sure about Chemone. Check their website.

Rainjack (or anyone), can you explain more about melanotan II and/or that peptide for female libido? Is it legal? How would I learn more? It’s for my, um, friend. yeah.

Man, you guys take your tanning seriously!

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
Rainjack (or anyone), can you explain more about melanotan II and/or that peptide for female libido? Is it legal? How would I learn more? It’s for my, um, friend. yeah.
[/quote]

Both peptides are for research purposes only. Not illegal like a scheduled drug is illegal, but in a gray area that allows it to be sold openly.

Both come in powder form, and must be reconstituted with either NaCl, or bacteriostatic water.

I don’t know that much about the PT-141, other than it seems to work really well.

MTII is dosed at anywhere from .5mg every 3rd day, to 2.5mg every other day.

Keep in mind that this is an injectable peptide.

As was mentioned earlier, go to melanotan.org. You have to click on the “Melanotan Discussion Areas” link, and it will take you to a pretty good sized board dedicated to the hows, whys and wherefores of both MTII, and PT-141.

But you know, Jilly - I would be happy to tutor your…er…friend personally.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
trailrash wrote:

AG1 carries. I’m not sure about Chemone. Check their website.[/quote]

ChemOne doesn’t carry it, yet. we are in the final stages of securing a quality vendor and should have it ready to sell to researchers within the next 45 days.

RJ, thanks and thanks! :wink:

Melanotan.org has a hell of a lot of information on it. There are also a few before and after pics and some of the results are quite amazing.

oh yeah i found this link which leads to a really useful spreadsheet of suppliers of the drug ect, if anybody is interested
http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=buysellmel;action=display;num=1158469037

[quote]rainjack wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
trailrash wrote:

AG1 carries. I’m not sure about Chemone. Check their website.

ChemOne doesn’t carry it, yet. we are in the final stages of securing a quality vendor and should have it ready to sell to researchers within the next 45 days. [/quote]

That’s good. I’ll probably be looking to get some this summer. It’ll be nice to get it cheaper.

[quote]sikunt wrote:
Melanotan.org has a hell of a lot of information on it. There are also a few before and after pics and some of the results are quite amazing.

oh yeah i found this link which leads to a really useful spreadsheet of suppliers of the drug ect, if anybody is interested
http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=buysellmel;action=display;num=1158469037 [/quote]

Thanks!

I am thinkin of using Melanotan I. Virtue of less sides. For those of you who’ve done it, how does this sound?:

I was thinking 5mg a day. So reconstituing with NaCl or bacterial water. A 30mg vial splitt into 6 different syringes frozen. I guess the best way to reconsitute is to mix it entirely with water and then draw into the 6 different syringes?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I am thinkin of using Melanotan I. Virtue of less sides. For those of you who’ve done it, how does this sound?:

I was thinking 5mg a day. So reconstituing with NaCl or bacterial water. A 30mg vial splitt into 6 different syringes frozen. I guess the best way to reconsitute is to mix it entirely with water and then draw into the 6 different syringes?[/quote]

I would steer clear of the bac water. Seems that there may be a connection to it and increased bad sides.

BA is some bad stuff.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Man, you guys take your tanning seriously! [/quote]

Bullshit.

People who really do take their tanning seriously know that proper exposure to the sun is actually GOOD for you. (Do the research on PubMed.) They would never use shit like Melanotan ™.

BTW, if somebody can’t tan in the sun, he or she probably needs tyrosine supplementation. (PowerDrive anybody?) Maybe a tiny bit of copper too.

Don’t get me started.