Melanie Roach: Arnold Classic 08

A video of a clean and jerk in competition at the 2008 Arnold Classic. The vid itself is probably nothing new to any of you, but the reason I post is the comments below it.

"If it weren’t for the steroids, I would encourage other women to look up to her. "

"Is it possible for a human being of that size to lift that amount of weight without being aided by a substantial amount of testosterone–(wherever it might have come from)? "

Is this just another case of people being ignorant to the sport and dedication involved? Or am I being naive in believing that she’s clean of substances. I assumed, as an Olympic athlete and mother of three, she was a natural trainee and understood what it takes to be the best at something.

I guarantee the person making those comments couldnt so much as squat his own body wieght. Hes a weak insignifcant little bastard that doesnt know the first thing about hard work and being strong.

Melanie took sixth yesterday, I believe setting an American record in Biejing…she also hinted that she might continue to lift and not retire!

Melanie Roach and her husband are Mormons, and the OP thinks she may be using illegal, performance enhancing substances. I seriously doubt she would even drink coffee.

TNT

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
and the OP thinks she may be using illegal, performance enhancing substances.
TNT[/quote]

No, no, no, I was bringing up the ignorance of the people on youtube; they assumed she was/is taking drugs. You misunderstood what I said.

I let my thoughts be known on the thread, and I suggest you all do the same. there is strength in numbers

Unfortunately, today in high-level sports there is really no good way to know if a given athlete is using some prohibited substances or not.

Her strength and dedication are admirable independent of her supplementation regime. I just wish she didn’t choose weights so conservatively yesterday…

There’s some great footage of Roach in the pre-Olympic qualification lifts here:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html

It’s under the ‘Encore’ section. The women are competing for the 4 spots that would go to Beijing.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
I let my thoughts be known on the thread, and I suggest you all do the same. there is strength in numbers[/quote]

No, seriously, everybody join in.