Melamine Added

This story suggests that Chinese producers intentionally added melamine to pet food that poisoned pets in the U.S., and it’s been found in other protein products. The reason they do this is to make it appear that there is more protein content than there really is.

Is there a possibility of this stuff being added to whey supplements? Where does whey typically come from? I assumed it was domestic, but not so sure now.

[quote]dhunter wrote:
… The reason they do this is to make it appear that there is more protein content than there really is.

[/quote]

If this is the case, it is certainly fraudulent, and a conspiracy to commit fraud.

It makes one wonder again about all the human rights violations China has, as well as how SARS and the bird flu really originated.

Is this just another example of how humans feed feedstock improperly, and these are just some of the results?

If my protein powder comes from China, I will seriously consider it’s likelihood that it won’t be a part of my diet. Knowing the stringent protocols Biotest has, I’m not worried.