T Nation

Meganewb (George Leeman) at 6'3

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Yes I do agree that it’s a poor idea to try maintaining ab definition while putting on lots of muscle, but you can’t use this guy as example of the “right” way to do things… just because he’s finally cleaned up.[/quote]

“Right” or “wrong” – Did it work for him in the long run?

[quote]mr popular wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Meganewb was hated on for years while only a teenager because he put on a shit load of weight fast and very early…and he wasn’t lean when he did it.
[/quote]

It also illustrates that even if you over do the food for a bit but you’re still hitting progressively heavier weights consistently and gaining muscle, that after you ‘recover’, you’re going to have a ton of muscle that you built.

He did something that younger folks, who seem to lift for teh chicks, are not likely to do-- he didn’t worry about his ripped abs. He kept his eye on the goal.

So looking back a year or so ago, who gives a shit what he looked like? At worst, he can sit there and laugh and go “yeah, ha, I looked like shit, but I’m lookin bad ass now!”[/quote]

I’ve been saying that…but all I heard for years was that I was obese and trying to make everyone else fat as hell.

Holymack isn’t fat whether all abs are showing or not. I’m not fat even though I know it is time to lean down.

If your goal is to look DRASTICALLY different than when you first started, most guys simply need to accept that there will be some “softer” periods in their future unless they have amazing genetics that allow them to stay lean no matter what.

Chances are, the guys fighting that notion are either nowhere near big…or they are big guys who conveniently forgot how they got big themselves.

…oh, and Steely, you’ve made decent progress as well.[/quote]

Meganewb was never criticized for the weight he lifts, he was criticized for being OBESE. He did not go through a “softer period” or “bulk up”, he was QUICKLY APPROACHING 400LBS.

Yes I do agree that it’s a poor idea to try maintaining ab definition while putting on lots of muscle, but you can’t use this guy as example of the “right” way to do things… just because he’s finally cleaned up.[/quote]

Actually, I agree that most should not go to that extreme.

I also agree that the ends justify the means. I would NEVER recommend someone gain that much weight unless that weight was helping them in some way as far as leverage in the weight lifted…and judging by the weights this kid is moving at that age, maybe it did help.

That means that while you may be able to say that getting that heavy is unnecessary and unhealthy for most people, if 5 years later the end result is looking like this and lifting as much as he is at that age…could you list the current negatives?

This is begging for more discussion.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Meganewb was hated on for years while only a teenager because he put on a shit load of weight fast and very early…and he wasn’t lean when he did it.
[/quote]

It also illustrates that even if you over do the food for a bit but you’re still hitting progressively heavier weights consistently and gaining muscle, that after you ‘recover’, you’re going to have a ton of muscle that you built.

He did something that younger folks, who seem to lift for teh chicks, are not likely to do-- he didn’t worry about his ripped abs. He kept his eye on the goal.

So looking back a year or so ago, who gives a shit what he looked like? At worst, he can sit there and laugh and go “yeah, ha, I looked like shit, but I’m lookin bad ass now!”[/quote]

I’ve been saying that…but all I heard for years was that I was obese and trying to make everyone else fat as hell.

Holymack isn’t fat whether all abs are showing or not. I’m not fat even though I know it is time to lean down.

If your goal is to look DRASTICALLY different than when you first started, most guys simply need to accept that there will be some “softer” periods in their future unless they have amazing genetics that allow them to stay lean no matter what.

Chances are, the guys fighting that notion are either nowhere near big…or they are big guys who conveniently forgot how they got big themselves.

…oh, and Steely, you’ve made decent progress as well.[/quote]

Meganewb was never criticized for the weight he lifts, he was criticized for being OBESE. He did not go through a “softer period” or “bulk up”, he was QUICKLY APPROACHING 400LBS.

Actually, I agree that you should not go to that extreme.

I also agree that the ends justify the means. I would NEVER recommend someone gain that much weight unless that weight was helping them in some way as far as leverage in powerlifting…and judging by the weights this kid is moving at that age, maybe it did help.

That means that while you may be able to say that getting that heavy is unnecessary and unhealthy, if 5 years later the end result is looking like this and lifting as much as he is…could you list the current negatives?

This is begging for more discussion.[/quote]

He is at the other end of the spectrum from a H$M or Kingbeef then?

Those guys grow well while remaining shredded, not gonna work for most.

This kid went further than most should, and it paid off for him big time.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
All you’ve ever done is judge me…

Don’t act like your any different than the haters that drove this kid away.

[/quote]

Really? Wow dude - I thought we were over this. I even took you off ignore.

But if you want to continue to antagonize the situation then go right ahead. I’m done fighting with people over stupid shit - it’s a total waste of time.

So take your shots - I’ll just ignore it.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

All you’ve ever done is judge me…

Don’t act like your any different than the haters that drove this kid away.

[/quote]

Really? Wow dude - I thought we were over this. I even took you off ignore.

But if you want to continue to antagonize the situation then go right ahead. I’m done fighting with people over stupid shit - it’s a total waste of time.

So take your shots - I’ll just ignore it. [/quote]

If that is truly the case, and your not going to attack me anymore, then fair enough.

Sorry I brought up old shit then.

He is at the other end of the spectrum from a H$M or Kingbeef then? [/quote]

Well, Kingbeef is still around 220lbs or less. He does have great genetics for staying lean…but think about where someone like that could get to if they really forced more of a gain before the age 25?

However, yes, it comes down to the genetics of the individual. I can gain muscle fairly quickly…as long as there is a shit load of food around. I could have stayed leaner during the process…but to me, gaining that muscle was way more important than making sure my abs were showing. As a result, 10 years later, I am one of the biggest guys in the gym and dieting down is not going to magically erase all gains made like we often hear from some of the smaller lifters.

According to them, I will simply shrink back to about 150lbs when dropping body fat. They say this to enforce the belief that anyone much over 200lbs is just fat…despite many of the guys right here now being well over 200lbs (like Kingbeef and H4M) and NOT fat.

[quote]
This kid went further than most should, and it paid off for him big time.[/quote]

Definitely. I also see how quiet they get when the guy they threw all of that hate at come back and blow them out the water.

Where are all of the guys now who took a shit on Gifted (Brandon Curry)?

Likewise, do you really get to talk shit about how Meganewb got close to 400lbs when the end result is more muscle than Casey Butt and his followers think is possible?

In bodybuilding, the ends always justify the means.

The sad thing is, all most get for proving them wrong is even more hate.

[/quote]

That’s why using (unwarranted) hate towards oneself as a measurement of personal success does make a lot of sense, especially if one is too, well, too sensitive about toxix people. Generally speaking, I mean.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[/quote]

That’s why using (unwarranted) hate towards oneself as a measurement of personal success does make a lot of sense, especially if one is too, well, too sensitive about toxix people. Generally speaking, I mean.
[/quote]

I’m my own worst critic…but that is also why a guy who started lifting with arms about 15" around now has arms over 20" and looks like a weight lifter no matter what clothes I have on.

I will be my worst critic as well when it comes to going in the opposite direction and dieting.

This is why it shocks me when guys who are still skinny post pictures as if they think they are huge. The first time I showed any pics of myself online, I weighed over 210lbs. I never would have posted a pic of me at 150 asking for which lagging body parts I needed to work on.

re: Means to an end

If someone’s goal is to step on stage January 1, 2014, with as much muscle as humanly possible for themselves, what does it matter what they look like today?

If they take the ‘superbulk’ approach while adding muscle, does it make them any less of a bodybuilder?

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s true. Haters gonna hate people that do better than themselves.

Wow I just looked at some of his old youtube videos, he was HUGE before.

Cool to see someone who took this to the massive extreme and came out on top. I would hate to see someone get that big and justify it as bodybuilding and then never diet down, major props to him.

@ProX
And that’s why laughing haters away is easy for people thinking like you.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s true. Haters gonna hate people that do better than themselves. [/quote]

Ain’t it funny to just collect hate trophies?
Taking a laid-back approach. It’s most comfy, that way. I like.
Man, the tees! Answer me, goddammit, I hate you!

Just saw this guy’s posts in “Powerlifting” ( “thebrute” )

Bet he’s not too worried about staying too lean all year 'round. Now he’s obviously not “Meganewb” overbulked, but he’s a big dude for sure. Obviously he competes in powerlifting, but I think we can all see the ‘bodybuilding’ piece here.

Would like to see his opinions. Is he in T-Cell?

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/thebrute#photos/30205/Comments

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Bet he’s not too worried about staying too lean all year 'round. Now he’s obviously not “Meganewb” overbulked, but he’s a big dude for sure. Obviously he competes in powerlifting, but I think we can all see the ‘bodybuilding’ piece here.

[/quote]

What a beast!I think I read an article about him on critical bench.Someday I wish for traps so big that they eat my neck.

But hey, everyone supposedly KNEW he was doing it wrong and wouldn’t amount to shit using his approach…yet we don’t see any of those people being discussed on bodybuilding forums now.

It makes no fucking difference how you look now if in 5 years, your progress has surpassed everyone who told you that you were doing it wrong.

I have gained more muscle than every single fucker who complained about how “fat” I was…but clearly this is all coincidence.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah Curt is a beast, guy weighs around 340ish right now, and has some freakish numbers he throws around with a freakish physique to boot. He’s told me he’s considered doing a BB show just for the hell of it.

All I have to add to this thread is that it is awesome… For some reason it’s getting me really fired up!

He is at the other end of the spectrum from a H$M or Kingbeef then? [/quote]

Well, Kingbeef is still around 220lbs or less. He does have great genetics for staying lean…but think about where someone like that could get to if they really forced more of a gain before the age 25?

However, yes, it comes down to the genetics of the individual. I can gain muscle fairly quickly…as long as there is a shit load of food around. I could have stayed leaner during the process…but to me, gaining that muscle was way more important than making sure my abs were showing. As a result, 10 years later, I am one of the biggest guys in the gym and dieting down is not going to magically erase all gains made like we often hear from some of the smaller lifters.

According to them, I will simply shrink back to about 150lbs when dropping body fat. They say this to enforce the belief that anyone much over 200lbs is just fat…despite many of the guys right here now being well over 200lbs (like Kingbeef and H4M) and NOT fat.

What was Brandon Curry’s status when he posted here, was he competing, an advanced lifter etc? You’ve mentioned his name a few times before and I was flicking through an old M&D or M&F magazine and he was advertising for BSN.

I feel anyone devoted to this is always going to cop both offline and online hate. And overcoming this is the sign the lifter is a champion through and through. Some people wilt when exposed to fire, other’s get hotter and do something about it. Posting here is one of the very few mediums/avenues to talk freely about something I really enjoy.

Really Inspiring. so he would only be 19 or so now.

But being realistic, I dunno if hes going to be into BBing now or not, but if he was near 400 lbs, some of that fat is going to stay as SKIN, and it’ll probably take surgery to get it off.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
Really Inspiring. so he would only be 19 or so now.

But being realistic, I dunno if hes going to be into BBing now or not, but if he was near 400 lbs, some of that fat is going to stay as SKIN, and it’ll probably take surgery to get it off.[/quote]

Did you watch the video? Doesn’t look like his skin took a hit from the looks of it.