Mega Newbs Training Log

haha mega newb i remember following you from day 1 when u were just newb i think. Your gains have been great and your adolescent puberty ass is just mind blowing its great. Good luck and keep up the good work man. i love how you just throw that shit before your squat it made my day ha

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! “Whoa, can you like, chill the hell out? Seriously
” Holy crap those two girls were priceless!

Dude, sick lift for anyone, regardless of age. I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t have been surprised/was kind of expecting you to cut it high, and I STILL woulda been impressed. But holy crap, from what i could see even the depth was good. Awesome lift

thanks for the link guys

Monster squat! Well done! Good luck with smolov Ill be doing it myself soon

Is this newb the same as the other one?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
At this rate I’m gonna need a half decade to catch up to you, you little bastard.

What are you doing for bench?[/quote]

For bench I have been makeing progress latley by doing 2-3 warm up sets and 1 heavy set to failure, then doing a back off set, nothing for shoulders or triceps.
I think I spent to much time over training my bench and I lost touch with that used to really work for me, doing 1 set to failure and and just working on putting reps on my work sets, what ever weight that I pick for that day.

I got caught up in all the special ways of training and thought I had to do somekind of special program to make gains, when all I needed to do was bench, I forget that I will continue to get naturally stronger as I get older, so I dont need any special shit.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

Thanks for that. So you’d go from 405 x 1 to 455 x 3?

What do you mean by push for 4 reps?

I squat just a bit wider than shoulder stance as well, with a low bar.

Don’t usually do GM’s but I think it’s about time I do. Do you do a low bar position for that too?And do you keep the arch the whole way down?

Cheers man.

[/quote]

Yes, I dont do much of a warm up, when I did 675 I did 135x5,225x3,315x3,405x2,495x1,585x1,675.
When I mean push for more reps I would put on lets say my old 3rm, and try to get 4 reps, which usually if you try harder, you can do. Squats are wierd like that, you have to do breathing squats tho.
I do low bar on goodmornings but thats only because it rolls down to far on my neck if I dont, I actally have the bar lower on my back in goodmornings than on squats because of this. All it does it let me use more weight on goodmornings, it still hits the muscles good.
I keep a arch of a very straight back the hole time, I tend to not have a arch at the top for some reason, but before I go down I get a arch.

On goodmornings I use as much weight as possible and only go a few inches further than I would on a squat, I never do much range of motion on goodmornings because the more range of motion the less weight I can use and I want those muscles to be used to as much weight as possible.
Most people go lower than me on goodmornings, I dont see the point unless Im doing them for my deadlift. Think about it, some people do goodmornings until their backs are almost paralel, if your going to do a max squat and you bend over so much that your back is almost at paralel to the floor your missed that lift either way.
They would have been better off training that first few inches of forward lean because once it gets further than that they are already screwed.

[quote]rsg wrote:

Newb, I am very much impressed - keep up the good work.

Edit:
Damn you Stronghold.[/quote]

Thanks

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Sick lift, please tell me you have a new system for squatting now? Or was the idea to create something close to a monolift? Either way, what happens if you dump the weight? [/quote]

I just didnt want to walk 675 out, squating it is hard enough. The power rack had lower pins in it so It wouldnt have crushed me, but the pins were 5" to low so I would have had to jump out from underneath, (If I went to the pins I could have gotten hurt), which is why I moved the bench and dumbells.

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
haha mega newb i remember following you from day 1 when u were just newb i think. Your gains have been great and your adolescent puberty ass is just mind blowing its great. Good luck and keep up the good work man. i love how you just throw that shit before your squat it made my day ha[/quote]

Thanks man.

I have actually been catching shit for throwing the bench. To be honest, I never scream, grunt, throw stuff, or anything. The one time I did I got it on video and now people get the wrong idea.

Oh well

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! “Whoa, can you like, chill the hell out? Seriously
” Holy crap those two girls were priceless!

Dude, sick lift for anyone, regardless of age. I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t have been surprised/was kind of expecting you to cut it high, and I STILL woulda been impressed. But holy crap, from what i could see even the depth was good. Awesome lift

thanks for the link guys[/quote]

Thanks

Im so glad I didnt hear it would have really pissed me off, after that the same girl went on to say something like (that was it? anyway
 blah blah blah like she see’s it every day).
Anyway, Im glad it made her/anyone else, uncomfortable.

The coach was fine with it so its all good. My school gym is about as hard core as it gets around here, 4 power racks, 3 benches, 2 inclines, dumbells up to 100’s tons of weights and 3 olympic platforms with 2 glute ham raises. And the coach lets us do what ever we want pretty much.

Thanks man,

And yes, I was n3wb, and uber n3wb, now mega n3wb.

If I lose this name its going to be hard to keep thinking of things to put infront of my name.

That 675 squat was awesome. Keep it up.

I really liked the poor man’s monolift, too.

Newb, I’ve enjoyed following your posts for the last couple of years as you’ve gone from a damn strong kid to an absolute monster.

Do you play football? If not, I think you should consider it. Your size and strength at 16 gives you a legitimate shot at a “free” education if you play.

Just a thought.

Any reason why you dropped the ‘3’ in newb?

In any event, your logs have been the few that I feel are worth reading, around here. Not just because your numbers are great for your age, but because they are great when compared to most on this site (at any age).

That being said, given how long Uber N3wb lasted, I’ll give you a month before you piss off the wrong person. Again.

But, it’s good to see you back, man.

i was wondering what happened, monster squat mate
good too see you back keep up the work

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
Thanks man,

If I lose this name its going to be hard to keep thinking of things to put infront of my name.

[/quote]

super dooper newb

Bench
135x5
225x5
315x3
365x0
365x0
365x1
385x1 PR, I can taste 405

Deadlift
135x2
225x3
315x3
405x2
495x1
585x1
655xlost grip

front squat
135x3
225x2
315x1
365x3 Pr

Awfully impressive lifts, just watched your squat and DL videos. You’re obviously built to lift, but that’s not meant to take anything away, looks like the sky’s the limit for your strength. As others have said, do you play O or D-line, or throw shotput or hammer?

MEGALA-N3WB
(like that gigantic ass prehisotric shark)

[quote]boy wonder wrote:
That 675 squat was awesome. Keep it up.[/quote]

Thanks man

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
I really liked the poor man’s monolift, too.

Newb, I’ve enjoyed following your posts for the last couple of years as you’ve gone from a damn strong kid to an absolute monster.

Do you play football? If not, I think you should consider it. Your size and strength at 16 gives you a legitimate shot at a “free” education if you play.

Just a thought.[/quote]

I dont play any sports, I should tho.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
i was wondering what happened, monster squat mate
good too see you back keep up the work[/quote]

Thanks, glad to be back

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:
Thanks man,

super dooper newb[/quote]

Seems like a step down on the badass scale.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Awfully impressive lifts, just watched your squat and DL videos. You’re obviously built to lift, but that’s not meant to take anything away, looks like the sky’s the limit for your strength. As others have said, do you play O or D-line, or throw shotput or hammer?[/quote]

Thanks, I dont at the moment, but I want to start shotput, I know I could throw 10lbs pretty damn far for sure. With some training I think I would be good.

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
MEGALA-N3WB
(like that gigantic ass prehisotric shark)[/quote]

Thats pretty bad ass, it would either be that or Sayan Newb, and from then on, Super Sayan newb etc etc

Bench
135x5
225x5
315x3
335x6, bad lift off, the kid lifted it straight up in the air and then slowly brought it out to me, I had to breath in and out before I could even start to bench, Im good for 7 I think. Its a PRRRR tho!

Close grip
225x10, weakness

I tryed smolov today, and my knee started hurting, on the third set, which I would usually over look but I have to do this shit 4 days a week so Im not gonna do the program right now. Im feeling really beat up latley. Imstead of smolov Il just focus on a 700lb pull with a belt and wraps and a 700 squat with knee wraps and a 405+ bench in the next 7 weeks or so.

I wrote me self a better program, some things I have wanted to try for a long time now, I figured this would be a good time to try.

Rack Pull, 10 positions, starting with 2-3" range of motion down to slightly above mid shin.

Rack Pull Platform Dead SSB Squat dumbell Rows
Position Abb Curl Down
10 1x700x? 1x405x? 1x395x? Side Bend
9 1x700x? 1x415x? 1x415x? Barbell Shrug
8 1x700x? 1x425x? 1x415x? Neck Work
7 1x700x? 1x435x? 1x415x?
6 1x700x? 1x445x? 1x435x?
5 1x700x? 1x455x? 1x435x?
4 1x700x? 1x465x? 1x435x?
3 1x700x? 1x475x? 1x455x?
2 1x700x? 1x485x? 1x455x?
1 1x700x? 1x495x? 1x455x?

Normal Deadlifts Normal Squats (wraps and belt)
625x? 545x?
650x? 585x?
675x? 635x?
700x? 700x?

Bench close grip Incline Pec Deck (prehab)
315x? 225x? 185x? Upright Row
315x? 225x? 185x? Dumbell Curl
335x? 245x? 205x?
335x? 245x? 205x?
335x? 245x? 205x?
365x? 265x? 225x?
365x? 265x? 225x?
365x? 265x? 225x?
385x? 285x? 245x?
385x? 285x? 245x?
385x? 285x? 245x?
405x? 305x? 265x?
405x? 305? 265x?
405x? 305x? 265x?

2 squat/deadlift workouts a week
2 bench workouts a week

I want to do all this in 7 weeks! starting today

Glad your keeping another log here, your a beast.

Good luck in your pursuit of destroying records.

It looks like you are utilising your considerable potential fully. If your progress so far is any indication, you’ll have all the muscle and strength you need to compete at a high level in any sport in 2-3 years.

Newb you are certainly one to envy, your lifts are just insane man!

I’ll be following this log of yours as well.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
Thanks man,

[/quote]

Wow dude, you’ve made some HUGE improvements from when I last saw you posting. Your lifts looked like mine at that point, now they are just insane!