Mega Newbs Training Log

Well, this is my third log here.

Anyway, Im 16 years old, 307lbs morning weight 6"2 bench 315x9 squat 675 with wraps and a belt and deadlift 635. I know, I need work on my deadlift, but now that my squat is higher than my deadlift I just dont like deadlifts as much. either way, I want to get 700lbs soon on them

I turn 17 in may, and the summer is in 6 week, goals over this summer, bench 405, squat 700, deadlift 700.

Goals while 17, bench 455, squat 750, deadlift 725 and weigh 300lbs doing it. I also plan smash the squat, deadlift, and total records becoming the strongest person under 18 to ever live.

I plan to hit smolov for 3 weeks starting monday, and then be around 700 on squat. I can probably squat 686-690 right now because when I hit 675 I only had 1 days rest after weeks of bad over training.

Then specialize in deadlift all summer until I can beat the SHW USAPL equipped deadlift of 705, raw with a 710 pull.

1 Like

Man your a beast, good luck with everything I’ll be following it. You train very hard, once you shatter all those records-which you will- you should cut down little bit and you would be absolutely massive with all the muscle you have and enjoy your senior year ;p.

I agree with shizen except for the whole cutting bit. Good effort. I shall be reading this log.

Thanks guys, I dont plan on gaining any more weight period… well muscle is fine but if my waist goes up at all Im gonna kick the cardio up.

Il be squating 4 days a week and doing some walking so I shouldnt gain any fat.

The smolov I will be doing, Im hopeing to put some size on my legs from it.

Week 1
425x4x9
455x5x7
485x7x5
515x10x3

Week 2
445x4x9
475x5x7
505x7x5
535x10x3

Week 3
455x4x9
485x5x7
515x7x5
545x10x3

Should be excruciating, Il do abb work after every session, bench 2 times a week, working up to 1 heavy set no assistance work, followed by chest supported rows, and seated Hammer strength shrugs.

Supplements, whey, creatine

20 grams creatine a day
120 grams whey a day (3 shakes with milk, peanut butter, and frozen babana)

Meals
Breakfast
4 eggs
2 pieces beef
cheese
potato

shake

Workout

Shake

2 burger pattys
tator tots
cheese

Shake

calories?
Shakes = 186 grams protein
meals = 100?
calories = enough
Fat = lots… mmmmm
Carbs = tons

How do you like that for nutrient break down lol!

Newb in your videos from now on you got to go crazy like you did on that bench, its entertaining just go nuts every time before you lift.

Smolov should be interesting usually works well but doesn’t work for everyone, really you don’t need much of a diet right now with the ammount of lifting your doing just get enough caloreis for energy and enough protein to repairing and you should be fine. If you ever decide to try and lose quite a bit of weight, your diet will become more important.

For strength diet does not play that much of a roll from what I’ve noticed and what a lot of powerlifters seem to think-such as Dave Tate-

[quote]shizen wrote:
Newb in your videos from now on you got to go crazy like you did on that bench, its entertaining just go nuts every time before you lift. [/quote]

haha!

Yeah that was fun, made me look like a jerk to flip the bench. But the only people there were just a bunch of kids. And they can kill them selves if they dont like it. That and the knee wraps were killing me, I had them on forever and once I was almost ready I saw the bench was right in the way of where I would have to bail out.

The cool thing was there was like 25 people in there, all sitting against the walls not lifting, and when I put the head phones on it was like they all vanished and it was just me and the weight.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Smolov should be interesting usually works well but doesn’t work for everyone, really you don’t need much of a diet right now with the ammount of lifting your doing just get enough caloreis for energy and enough protein to repairing and you should be fine. If you ever decide to try and lose quite a bit of weight, your diet will become more important.

For strength diet does not play that much of a roll from what I’ve noticed and what a lot of powerlifters seem to think-such as Dave Tate- [/quote]

I did the first 3 weeks of smolov before, I got shin splits after I did 585, and took 3 weeks off, came back at 505 and did the first 3 weeks. with 1 day off after the program I squatted 600.

So it should give me a solid 20lbs to get to 700 at least.

EDIT: that and Im conditioned to lifting very often at the moment, so recovery shouldnt be bad at all.

EDIT: actually im gonna up that diet some, looks like I would actually lose weight on it

smolov is a great routine, if you are young and healthy, and have a lot of time on your hands to eat and rest. it would probably KILL me.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

I shall be reading this log.

[/quote]

And so shall i, all the best with your training and goals, stay strong.

You mentioned the seated hammer strength shrug, whats your thoughts on this bit of equipment, have just had access to one and found that it just a top bit of kit.

Well theres the seated machine and they have a standing machine, Im going with the seated because Im doing smolov and think that I would be better off not useing my legs for anything other than moveing around on off days.

calories?
Shakes = 186 grams protein
meals = 100?
calories = enough
Fat = lots… mmmmm
Carbs = tons

How do you like that for nutrient break down lol!
[/quote]

Awesome

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:

Yeah that was fun, made me look like a jerk to flip the bench. But the only people there were just a bunch of kids. And they can kill them selves if they dont like it. That and the knee wraps were killing me, I had them on forever and once I was almost ready I saw the bench was right in the way of where I would have to bail out.

The cool thing was there was like 25 people in there, all sitting against the walls not lifting, and when I put the head phones on it was like they all vanished and it was just me and the weight.

[/quote]

So YOU’RE the bastard I envy? Haha. No seriously, that was awesome. You’ve got some serious strength and ridiculous potential. That bench flew away. Ever tried javelin or something? ROFL

Music can do that for you, that’s why my iPod is as essential to my work out as spike/whey/whatever.

So how long have you been training? How did you get your squat technique sorted? I’m interested in your smolov results.

I’ve been training for 2 years, gained 40 lbs (now at 220 for 6ft 1, 17% BF) and want to gain another 10-15. Would love to hit a 500 squat soon (raw) (404 right now).

Take care.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
So YOU’RE the bastard I envy? Haha. No seriously, that was awesome. You’ve got some serious strength and ridiculous potential. That bench flew away. Ever tried javelin or something? ROFL

Music can do that for you, that’s why my iPod is as essential to my work out as spike/whey/whatever.

So how long have you been training? How did you get your squat technique sorted? I’m interested in your smolov results.

I’ve been training for 2 years, gained 40 lbs (now at 220 for 6ft 1, 17% BF) and want to gain another 10-15. Would love to hit a 500 squat soon (raw) (404 right now).

Take care.

[/quote]

I have been benching 3 years squating and deadlifting off and on for 2 years.

I used to squat real wide box squats so I think that gave me a good set up, then I got hurt from squating wide and I moved my stance in to a little wider than shoulder width. (I used to think wide stance was the best but I get far more power out of the hole now so medium to close stance is the way to go for raw lifting I think)

I squat low bar so the arch (or at least keeping my back flat) is easy for me, I got the push your knee’s out idea from dave tate and that has kept my knee’s behind my toes and it helps me to activate my hamstrings and glutes allot more, also takes stress off my knee’s and hips is seems.

A typical squat workout for me would be something like (if my max was 500)

Squat
135x4
225x3
315x3
405x1
455x3 push for 4 reps, fight to the death lol. (next week pick a different weight, like 405)

Stiff leg deadlift or goodmorning
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
365x6 failure

Leg Press
sets of 10 adding 1 plate per side until I get up to a weight I cant get for 10

Follow it up with abbs, and repeat every 3-4 days.

Thats where the bulk my my squat was made, then came smolov and knee wraps.

At this rate I’m gonna need a half decade to catch up to you, you little bastard.

What are you doing for bench?

Thanks for that. So you’d go from 405 x 1 to 455 x 3?

What do you mean by push for 4 reps?

I squat just a bit wider than shoulder stance as well, with a low bar.

Don’t usually do GM’s but I think it’s about time I do. Do you do a low bar position for that too?And do you keep the arch the whole way down?

Cheers man.

Theres a vid of a hs kid squatting 675? where, please?

Newb, I am very much impressed - keep up the good work.

Edit:
Damn you Stronghold.

Sick lift, please tell me you have a new system for squatting now? Or was the idea to create something close to a monolift? Either way, what happens if you dump the weight?