Mega Dose of Vitamin C

I have been taking 2500 mg of Vit. C daily for a couple years now after reading studies by Linus Pauling regarding high Vit. C intake and reduction in Heart Disease.

Anyone else megadose Vitamin C, if so how much and sources? I’m curious if I’m doing enough and if I need to find a different Vit. C source. I mostly take 1000 mg Vit. C with Rose Hips because it is the cheapest I have found.

I don’t mega dose my vitamin C unless I feel a cold coming on or have a cold.

I take 2-3000 mg every day. 2000 in my PWO shake.

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
I don’t mega dose my vitamin C unless I feel a cold coming on or have a cold.[/quote]

+1

(and +10 on “minimum number of repeats” before my eyes could move off that avatar)

[quote]calebsmitty wrote:
I have been taking 2500 mg of Vit. C daily for a couple years now after reading studies by Linus Pauling regarding high Vit. C intake and reduction in Heart Disease.

Anyone else megadose Vitamin C, if so how much and sources? I’m curious if I’m doing enough and if I need to find a different Vit. C source. I mostly take 1000 mg Vit. C with Rose Hips because it is the cheapest I have found.[/quote]

I’ve been mega dosing vitamin C for about 30 years. I take no less than 2500 per day and some hard training days up to 4000 per day. I can out perform most people in the Gym who are much younger than I am and I never and I mean NEVER get a cold. It drives my wife crazy because she’s not a vitamin freak like me.

I use Life Extension brand as of the past 15 years or so. It also has glutathione in it along with Cysteine.

Good Luck and keep hitting that C it’s worked great for me over the years.

I usually take large amount of Vit C when I feel like my adrenals are not functioning as well as they should be.

If I were to take mega doses of Vit C, I would make sure to get a 2:1 ratio of Vit C and bioflavanoids. Meadows recommends always taking Vit C with bioflavanoids.

As far as taking Vit C post workout - I always thought you were supposed to try to avoid large amounts of antioxidants post workout…

[quote]jonmb11 wrote:
I usually take large amount of Vit C when I feel like my adrenals are not functioning as well as they should be.

If I were to take mega doses of Vit C, I would make sure to get a 2:1 ratio of Vit C and bioflavanoids. Meadows recommends always taking Vit C with bioflavanoids.

As far as taking Vit C post workout - I always thought you were supposed to try to avoid large amounts of antioxidants post workout…[/quote]

I take a cup full of vitamins and anitoxidants with my breakfast, that includes Twin Lab bioflavinoids. I agree they should be taken with vitamin C at least once a day. I train about 3 hours after I eat.