Meet your Meat

http://meetyourmeat.com/wycd.html
(click on the big cow head on the right to download the video for free)

In no way am I associated with PETA nor do I agree with a lot of the things they stand for or do. I am also not a vegetarian or an animal rights activist; I love chicken and beef as much as the next person (free range or organic). I’m sure, or should I say I hope, the events depicted in this video are far from the norm, but they’re still disturbing.

nice to know Alec Baldwin’s doing something productive with his time in France…he did move there like he promised, right?
He didn’t?
Oh.
Funny. He can get on Letterman and advocate stoning Henry Hyde and his whole family to death, but a chicken has his everlasting compassion.

I say when it comes down to it, yeah it sucks for the animals, but we’re on the top of the food chain. Just the way it goes. The way the lion kills the zebra is pretty brutal but that’s nature. I have little or no sympathy for the farm animals. Yeah we should have a few more measures to protect them, but I say we concentrate on the Darfur region before the chickens.

All of this shouldn’t mean stop eating meat, just that we should demand/have access to/ supermarkets supply to us should be of higher standards.

thats what they should be fighting for.

cattle in the UK are shot through the head with a bolt, so death is rapid.

A bunch of city-raised do-gooders thinking that they have a fucking clue about meat production.

It is not in the producers’s best interest to cruelly mistreat his product. Use just a little common sense, here. The worse he treats his cattle, the less he will get for them at market.

I will let you in on a little secret - every meat product you put in you mouth whether fish, chicken, prok, or beef has met a horrible death. In order for you to get that lovely lean chicken breast a chicken had to die.

The chickens look cute in the shackles.

As you can see from the video, the slaghter house workers had no difficulty beating the hell out of the animals. I don’t have a problem with animals dieing, I just wouldn’t want to eat any of the meat from these factories.

Sometimes when you stun a steer, you get it in the wrong spot. So you have to do it again. I worked at a very small custom slaughterhouse for a while way back in the day, and we had to hit one steer 21 times, and he still wouldn’t go down.

What happens in the video is not a common occurance - but it happens. It’s not the first choice, because when you stress the animal out, it has a gamey taste. You don’t make much money if you beef tastes gamey.

I think they should remove the feeding tubes and starve (dehydrate) the animals to death.

After all these animals only have primitive brain functions.

I learned these last couple weeks that it is much more peaceful and humane.

Bugger.

I thought the title of this thread was “Beat your Meat” and that it had some more pictures from Vegita and Joe Weider on it. That cow was not even wearing a bikini.

All I can say is that PETA are going to show you the worst situation they can get on film. This is not the norm in slaughter houses that I am familar with. If death is not quick, hormones released tend to make the meat tough. It’s bad for business.

Have always wanted to go find some of those PETA folks and do a quick search to see who’s wearing leather in some form or fashion. Remember, the cow didn’t volunteer its hide for that jacket.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I think they should remove the feeding tubes and starve (dehydrate) the animals to death.

I learned these last couple weeks that it is much more peaceful and humane.[/quote]

no feeding tubes here, and if they starved to death, well there wouldn.t be much meat then, would there?

[quote]danreeves1973 wrote:
Have always wanted to go find some of those PETA folks and do a quick search to see who’s wearing leather in some form or fashion. Remember, the cow didn’t volunteer its hide for that jacket.

[/quote]

my point to vegatarians everywhere, the hipocrites

I’m vegetarian but I’m not anal about it. I like to cook so I’ll still cook meat for other people. Like I still don’t exactly like the idea of touching meat but I live with it. It’s a fact of life. While I don’t neccessarily agree with how the animals are treated; it’s a cost of our lifestyle. Basically this method of food production is so cheap that it frees up our resources dramatically so that other areas may be catered to the labor poor; eg less farmers equals more possible technological workers etc. It’s sadly the cost of progress and until we can figure out a better way to do it that’s more humane…

ues, animal husbandry (not bestiality…perverts!) went with intensive farming methods.

I would live on a small holding, but i fear i would starve.

[quote]miniross wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

I learned these last couple weeks that it is much more peaceful and humane.

no feeding tubes here, and if they starved to death, well there wouldn.t be much meat then, would there?[/quote]

Good point. Let’s go back to they way we have been doing it.

[quote]Massif wrote:
I thought the title of this thread was “Beat your Meat” and that it had some more pictures from Vegita and Joe Weider on it. That cow was not even wearing a bikini.[/quote]

Son of a bitch! I have not even seen the video, and now I do not care to. Thanks Massif for sparing me the time. And now, back to nothing.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
… Like I still don’t exactly like the idea of touching meat …[/quote]

like, ok

[quote]miniross wrote:
cattle in the UK are shot through the head with a bolt, so death is rapid.[/quote]

A “bolt”? Is that the same as a bullet? I could see if you were from France not having any bullets, but in the UK I would assume you have them.

Hijack over…Sorry, had to say that.