Meet Video from Sept 9th

My first time competing Raw Assisted, normally I’m a geared lifter. But then I saw how sad the masters records were and had to help myself…

4 Likes

What is raw assisted?

This whole raw thing is confusing to me as there weren’t all these categories when I used to be part of it.

Classic raw: belt and wrist wraps
Raw assisted: belt, knee wraps, wrist wraps
Geared: fucking awesome.

1 Like

OK, so raw with wraps. Some feds have “raw modern” and “classic raw” and that kind of thing, it just makes it more confusing when every fed has a different term for raw with wraps.

1 Like

This pretty much. Confusing af when lots of terms for the same thing. Raw: raw or
Raw w/ Wraps ffs.

Great lifting tho. Planning on breaking records (your’s now I guess) again soon?

nice job
thanks for posting it

Yeah the wraps vs non things and the naming is confusing.

I’m going after the classic (no wraps) records in November probably. If I do I think I can also count those against the assisted (with wraps) records I just broke as well.

Thanks!

Nice job - running to the moderator.

Brainiac, nobody “ran to the moderator.” I’m the one that sees you’re acting like a tool and I’m letting you know.

Now let’s keep this thread on track (solid work, Stu) and not drag more whining into it.

1 Like

I feel like something happened here that I’m totally unaware of. Anyone want to fill me in?

Near as I can figure: backos and ottawa disagree on how to build strength, name-calling ensued, it spilled over into almost a dozen different threads, I decided to say “hey, stop”, and backos figured your thread was the best place to randomly blame ottawa for my intervention.

Long story short: Bullshit drama.

On topic, based on what you said, it sounds like you might’ve broken those records by quite a bit, no? So are they looking to stay in place for a while? That’s kinda cool.

2 Likes

He didn’t like something that I said that contradicted what he said so he made a bunch of angry replies to my posts in several threads. I thought it was amusing at first so I kept responding, but it got boring fast plus it’s kind of ruining the forum for people who actually have something worthwhile to discuss. As for why he posted in this thread and why he thought I contacted the moderator, only he can answer that.

I’m starting to think that I need a new hobby.

No, you called my right to post in question because I hadn’t trained world champions. That’s how the shitfest started.

Read all the posts.

Are you interested in rehashing this crap again or can you just STOP?

I beat the bench by 75lbs and it’s only getting better. I’m aiming for at least a 450lbs raw bench before this stops. So I should be able to hold those masters records for a while.

@jbackos, @chris_ottawa

On the other hand feel free to abuse each other in my thread, it amuses me and lord knows I’m not chasing it down through the other threads.

2 Likes

We will keep you in mind.

1 Like

Haha this inspired me to look up the master’s records in my area… now I’m depressed! There’s some strong 40+ year olds out there!

Anyway, congratulations on a great performance.

1 Like

Honestly I was blown away that they’re so low. But hey I’ll take them and as I get stronger now that I’m back into lifting (I’ve only been back now for about 4 months) I expect I can actually set some decent records that will stand for a while.

Nobody said we had to agree on anything. Stop replying to my posts.

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } How about you SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY

chris_ottawa
September 14 |

Nobody said we had to agree on anything. Stop replying to my posts.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

jbackos
September 14 |

No, you called my right to post in question because I hadn’t trained world champions. That’s how the shitfest started. Read all the posts. Are you interested in rehashing this crap again or can you just STOP?
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.