Meet Recap - 1840.8 lb Total at 239 lb BW

Interesting to see the same fixes coming up, wrote something similar in Guineapigs log recently, fixing tilt, fixing posture, ab work and glute strength were my fixes. But yea slipped disks are no joke, mine (L5) was pretty benign and no where near as bad as they can be, and luckily stable now too, but lots of off and on misery over the last 10 years.

Hell of a meet. I’m impressed.

Where do you train out of?

you natty bro?

Did you read…? Aren’t you the guy who asked all sorts of questions about passing drug tests at tested meets and then one day started casually mentioning that you’re on gear?

5 Likes

He’s obsessed.

4 Likes

As stated he did the meet clean. But he did fail to mention that he is a cyborg.

t%20800

Bad form in asking in the first place.

2 Likes

That’s a huge total man! Big congrats on the comeback from injury.
Your squat is insane!

2 Likes

Just came back to check this after the weekend and lol’d at all the responses.

Just some full disclosure… I’ve never used AASs, SARMS, or anything that (as far as I’m aware of) is on the WADA list. Not really a big fan of supplements in general so unlikely of “accidental” taking anything… BUT I did do a few weeks of BPC-157 peptide injections near the injury during the second half of my 12-week reintroduction of squatting after my month of PT. A couple people I know had success with it, and from what I read about the suspected mechanism (promoting blood vessel growth, therefore, increased blood transport to the area) made sense that it would help heal an injury in a low blood flow area. No clue if it actually made a difference, like I said, just full disclosure.

@chris_ottawa you mention it taking several years for full recovery from disc issues… I definitely am experiencing that. So when I hurt my back, like I said nerve compression cause my right calf to lose function and atrophy pretty bad. Now most of the required function for squatting and pulling has returned, but after my meet I took the week off lifting, and about halfway through got a wild hair up my ass to test my conditioning and see if I could still jog a mile without stopping (I was a 160 lb cross country runner in high school, but haven’t done any jogging in years. Still made the mile in about 9:30 without pushing too hard, so was pretty happy with that). My left calf is fine, but my right calf has been WRECKED with DOMs… like… have to focus on what I’m doing to walk without a limp. So yea, a year and a half later and still not 100% recovered.

2 Likes

Ozark Iron Gym in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I absolutely love it there, great atmosphere/crew.

1 Like

dude no kidding. His posts are weird as fuck.

1 Like

Aha! The truth comes out.

Actually, last I heard BPC-157 isn’t even banned by WADA. I hear it’s supposed to help with injuries to muscles and tendons, never heard of it being used for a disc injury but I suppose it wouldn’t hurt.

I know a guy that says that peptide helped him quite a bit. He is 52 and still in the iron game. He lifts in gear now, but still moves pretty well and is strong AF in the gear.

I looked it up, Examine . com says:
BPC-157 has been shown to benefit ulcers in the stomach, intestinal damage such as fistulas and inflammatory disorders, bone and joint healing and growth rates, and organ damage. It also has some influences on the brain. Researchers have observed marked protective effects when BPC-157 is administired to rats alongside a research toxin or damaging surgical procedure.

So theoretically it should help with disc injuries since that falls under joint healing, unfortunately the only research so far is on rodents. I have heard of people using it for muscle tears with good results, so there must be something to it. I also heard that it works even better when combined with TB-500, and it looks like there is no human research on that but it has been used on racehorses for some time.

Lol yeah I kind of forgot about it till dude asked about natty status, otherwise I would have mentioned it in some of the other discussions I’ve been a part of regarding back injuries. When I was using it my back wasn’t symptomatic, so it was hard to tell if it really did anything so I just sort of forgot about it.

After using it, at one point I did dig a little bit deeper and found that the mechanism it works through (angiogensis, local formation of new blood vessels) is something that also occurs in the formation of tumors. Now, this definitely does not correlate BPC use with tumor growth, but I don’t quite love powerlifting enough to trade back tumors for a bigger squat. So probably won’t mess with it again unless more research comes out and it stays off the WADA list.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not a good tradeoff.

Do you know a body builder there named drake? I won’t post his last name. He moved from here and I used to work with him.

I always recommend ppl suffering from any kind of disc issues (unless anterior herniations) to perform McKenzie extensions 2-3x daily. They’re pretty easy to look up on YouTube. There’s a lot of
Simple things ppl can do for bulging and herniated discs to decrease the symptoms that are non invasive.

I’ve watched that squat video a few times now. Just wow.
It’s hard for me to imagine how strong that is.

Did he move several years ago? Dark haired guy, maybe 5’6-5’9ish, could have been bearded? I vaguely remember meeting a dude (Drake sounds familiar for his name) of this description back in like 2016 at the Fayetteville World Gym. That was before the gym I go to now opened though. Haven’t seen him in a long time though.

Yeah dark complected dark headed and he’s grown a beard at times. He won Mr Arkansas in his weight class a few years ago. I think he moved in 2015 so that was probably him