T Nation

Meditation Seems to Work

… Not to sound like a hippie.

As everyone knows I’m a dipshit and had some bank problems so I haven’t been lifting at a gym until this week.

Anyways, I’ve just been doing lots of calisthetics and running.

I didn’t want to lose strength, so I also did some dynamic tension and breathing exercise rituals.

I would just flex and breathe deeply and try to will my muscles to grow. While flexing them as hard as I can.

Not to get too specific but about 2 weeks later, I’m as strong if not stronger than before. (Aside from a stupid youtube challenge curl that fed up my elbow)

I’m going to stick with these rituals, and maybe try to ritualize all my lifts and put in more stretching.

It really makes an otherwise jarring experience, more stress relieving and peaceful.

Anyone else do this?

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
Meditation seems to work.

As everyone knows I’m a dipshit and had some bank problems so I haven’t been lifting at a gym until this week.

Anyways, I’ve just been doing lots of calisthetics and running.

I didn’t want to lose strength, so I also did some dynamic tension and breathing exercise rituals.

I would just flex and breathe deeply and try to will my muscles to grow. While flexing them as hard as I can.

Not to get too specific but about 2 weeks later, I’m as strong if not stronger than before. (Aside from a stupid youtube challenge curl that fed up my elbow)

I’m going to stick with these rituals, and maybe try to ritualize all my lifts and put in more stretching.

It really makes an otherwise jarring experience, more stress relieving and peaceful.

Anyone else do this?

[/quote]

You most likely rested and recovered. I doubt any stretching and dynamic tension caused such great gains. bodyweight exercises can increase strength of course, but you told us you’re stronger or as strong as before. Which was how strong?

I’ve lifted for 30 years, could take off two weeks and don’t lose any strength.

Steroids dont help, but medetation does.

Brilliant.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Brilliant.[/quote]

Well, he is an idiot after all.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Brilliant.[/quote]

maybe you could close your eyes and will some gym money to appear in your wallet

Moral of the story: If you want to get strong, breath hard!

Quantum physics I’d say. Very powerful stuff when one knows how to use it.

http://zerolimits.info/

The Secret
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5234596096098670935&q=the+secret&total=117602&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

1. Did you seriously just post this in the strength forum?

2. Is there a way you can block topics/posts by certain users?