T Nation

Medicinal Grade Test - Prices?

Cheers,

With all the recent conundrum regarding dosing, reliability and so forth, I’m seriously considering the alternatives.

If I go to a sports medicine doctor (hundreds of athletes already are under his wing), and I get lucky and get a script, what would it cost for a tiny cycle of test enan at 500 mg per week given normal ampulles of 1 ml of 250 mg?

Say a 10 weeker of 20 ampulles. Legit, pharmacy, here is the script, here you go sir, here is your test, have a nice day. And of course, please come back again. That would be awesome. No, I’m not high.

funmetal

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I priced test enanthate at the pharmacy (Quebec, Canada). They have 5 ml (200 mg/ml) for $30. It is also subsidised further under medicare if it is prescribed for HRT. Final price probably around $20. Sweet for bonified test!!

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
funmetal wrote:
That would be awesome. No, I’m not high.

funmetal

LOL! Well I suspect the prices would be very much dependant on the country you are in and wilst I might know which country, I certainly couldn’t even guess what the price might be, sorry.[/quote]

Yeah I didn’t think about that, so yes it is interesting to know in which country. Let’s say developed country standard prices.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
I priced test enanthate at the pharmacy (Quebec, Canada). They have 5 ml (200 mg/ml) for $30. It is also subsidised further under medicare if it is prescribed for HRT. Final price probably around $20. Sweet for bonified test!![/quote]

That’s a very good price. Wow! So basically homebrew stuff is the same or higher than pharma grade in Canada at least.

developed country? It doesnt work like that, i assume you havent done much travelling.

Take the US and UK for example, in the US at Target some generic scripts are as low as $1, yet others can be $100+
In the UK you pay £6.50 per item. So no matter the item you pay £6.50…
France will be different, greece, canada… all developed countries.

Maybe if people pitch in with what they source test at in their country and post the results… but other than that it is kinda an unanswerable question IMO.

i too have seen very big price fluctuation. from 30 to 150 per 10mL

200mg/ml sandoz cypionate $100 US at my local pharmacy

what kind of doctor is going to prescribe that high of dose?

[quote]hangiron wrote:
200mg/ml sandoz cypionate $100 US at my local pharmacy

what kind of doctor is going to prescribe that high of dose?[/quote]

$100 For how many ml?

10

yeah its cheaper to buy on the DL but you know what your getting

[quote] Brook wrote:
developed country? It doesnt work like that, i assume you havent done much travelling.

Take the US and UK for example, in the US at Target some generic scripts are as low as $1, yet others can be $100+
In the UK you pay £6.50 per item. So no matter the item you pay £6.50…
France will be different, greece, canada… all developed countries.

Maybe if people pitch in with what they source test at in their country and post the results… but other than that it is kinda an unanswerable question IMO.[/quote]

Ok we figured the price fluctuation. How much where you live?

funmetal

[quote]hangiron wrote:
200mg/ml sandoz cypionate $100 US at my local pharmacy

what kind of doctor is going to prescribe that high of dose?[/quote]

Sports medicine. I hope at least :slight_smile:

[quote]Game_over wrote:
i too have seen very big price fluctuation. from 30 to 150 per 10mL[/quote]

I see, thanks.

Well here, if i have a prescription for Testosterone, i can order it online if i want, as long as i send a copy of the script.

This is legal and above board.

But as i mentioned, it costs just (approx.) £6.50 per item ordered, whether that is Dihydrocodeine or Preparation H.

[quote] Brook wrote:
Well here, if i have a prescription for Testosterone, i can order it online if i want, as long as i send a copy of the script.

This is legal and above board.

But as i mentioned, it costs just (approx.) £6.50 per item ordered, whether that is Dihydrocodeine or Preparation H.[/quote]

Those two would make for a great cycle!!

Not a hijack, but along these lines…

Just curious if anyone has done this:

Get a legit script for a normal HRT dosage, then fill your script in more than one pharmacy in order to run a higher dose.

Is there any kind of check to this type of scheme? Of course you would not bill it all to the same insurance company, pay cash, etc. But doesn’t this sound like it would work?

[quote]koots wrote:
Not a hijack, but along these lines…

Just curious if anyone has done this:

Get a legit script for a normal HRT dosage, then fill your script in more than one pharmacy in order to run a higher dose.

Is there any kind of check to this type of scheme? Of course you would not bill it all to the same insurance company, pay cash, etc. But doesn’t this sound like it would work?[/quote]

how do you take the same script to different pharms? the first one takes it and keeps it, they dont accept copies, and if there is any doubt then the pharmacist will call the prescribing clinician.

mine gets called in to the pharm

[quote]koots wrote:
Not a hijack, but along these lines…

Just curious if anyone has done this:

Get a legit script for a normal HRT dosage, then fill your script in more than one pharmacy in order to run a higher dose.

Is there any kind of check to this type of scheme? Of course you would not bill it all to the same insurance company, pay cash, etc. But doesn’t this sound like it would work?[/quote]

Usually the first pharmacy will take your script and not give it back to you. You could go to another pharmacy (say for example if you moved) with your empty bottle/paperwork- which has the prescription on it, but they would call the pharmacy you got it from and have the prescription transferred over to them.

Can’t really beat the system (at least that I’m aware of)