Medication and Steroids?

i am about to start my first cycle of aas and am currently on celexa(antidepressant) and lamictal(mood stabalizer). What i am asking if anybody has any experience or knowledge of the effects of these meds mixed with steroids. I think i may just have to get off them during my cycle( i have been off before and been able to function ok); however, i was hoping for a little advice.

Careful if you are prone tp depression. That tendancy can be amplified on AAS.

In general if you need medications of these kind, AAS could have disastrous consequences.

The worst thing you could do would be to not only come off your meds suddenly, but also go on AAS.

Its a one, two punch.

On cycle might not be so bad, especially if you chose something like test.

Which will keep you pretty calm and relieve stress.

Coming off would be a disaster, I feel kind of shitty when I come off and Im not prone to depression.

I think it would be wise to get the opinions of a few qualified professionals.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I think it would be wise to get the opinions of a few qualified professionals. [/quote]

Who will inevitably tell you not to do AAS because they read that it’s bad. They won’t even take medication interactions into consideration, they will hear the word steroid and close their minds.

Sometimes, it is best to do your own informed research if you are going to be delving into the word of AAS. Most health care professionals know jack-shit wrt anabolics, so sourcing them for information most often proves to be fruitless.

[quote]Diablo9845 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Who will inevitably tell you not to do AAS because they read that it’s bad. They won’t even take medication interactions into consideration, they will hear the word steroid and close their minds.

Sometimes, it is best to do your own informed research if you are going to be delving into the word of AAS. Most health care professionals know jack-shit wrt anabolics, so sourcing them for information most often proves to be fruitless.

[/quote]

Which is why I specifically said QUALIFIED. I consider a qualified professional to be someone who specializes in HRT or who is very familiar with it or an Endocrinologist.

Not all doctors are the complete wastes of space you make them out to be.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
[/quote]

Sorry to be picking up on your shit again Westclock but this is just wrong.

Just because it is like this for you does not mean it is for everyone or even the majority. IF it even is a majority is would be a minor one.

Brook

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Diablo9845 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Which is why I specifically said QUALIFIED. I consider a qualified professional to be someone who specializes in HRT or who is very familiar with it or an Endocrinologist.

Not all doctors are the complete wastes of space you make them out to be. [/quote]

I agree, i have as little faith in GP(PCP)'s as the next man but the advice Diablo gives is nothing short of dangerous - basically saying to self medicate after education for a while.

Find a Doc you like and trust - mmaybe after learning a little about your body yourself.

Or would you walk into a mechanic blind?

Brook

[quote] Brook wrote:
IF it even is a majority is would be a minor one.

Brook[/quote]

WELLLLLL Brook not to pick on you hahahah j/k

That is an oxymoron. I agree with you though. I get the feeling the anti-depressants and AAS will produce different effects in different people.

[quote] Brook wrote:
Westclock wrote:

Sorry to be picking up on your shit again Westclock but this is just wrong.

Just because it is like this for you does not mean it is for everyone or even the majority. IF it even is a majority is would be a minor one.

Brook[/quote]

Perhaps, but certainly you would see more issues coming off cycle than when on.

Depending on the drug of course, but Ive never met anyone who felt “sad” on test, granted it can happen, and steroids do amplify emotional shifts. But most users experience a feeling of “well being”.

Still the real danger would be coming off, rebound, cortisol, it would not go well.

I have been in the dumps while on. I can’t attest to the potency of the test e I was using though. I have been in better spirits since switching to another supplier and test prop.

i was thinking about using tren alone or tren with low amounts of test-100 to 200 mg a week. do you think this would be too harsh on me considering my meds?

My apologies, I didn’t want to suggest anything dangerous. But most doctors will react to how I described. If you can find a trustworthy (who won’t rat you out to insurance companies) doctor who is fine with your anabolic use, then by all means, bring them aboard.

But, with a little research and some common sense, the side effects wrt depression, high blood pressure, anything really, are simple enough to understand. And pay for tests to keep track of the necessaries.

After all, you condemn for suggesting self-medication, but isn’t that what this forum is about? The intelligent, informed, responsible use of physique altering drugs? Try bring GHRP-6 to a Dr. and see how much he can help there.

Again, my apologies, I didn’t mean to advocate irresponsible use of such powerful compounds.

KSman is very knowledgeable on anti-depressants and Testosterone. You might want to PM him. I beleive that certain meds can work harmoniously with testosterone and certain are contraindicated. For instance the difference between a non SSRI like Wellbutrin and an SSRI would be significant. Personally, I would research which meds work together and continue on stabilizing meds while on testosterone if at all possible. I think the swings could be too dramatic if you simultaneously came off your meds and initiated testosterone.

[quote]sante632 wrote:
i was thinking about using tren alone or tren with low amounts of test-100 to 200 mg a week. do you think this would be too harsh on me considering my meds?[/quote]

Tren is not for you, its messes with healthy guys heads.

I would consider something less exotic, test is about as standard as it gets.

Its chemically identical to your natural stuff.

[quote]sante632 wrote:
i am about to start my first cycle of aas and am currently on celexa(antidepressant) and lamictal(mood stabalizer). What i am asking if anybody has any experience or knowledge of the effects of these meds mixed with steroids. I think i may just have to get off them during my cycle( i have been off before and been able to function ok); however, i was hoping for a little advice. [/quote]

I cannot or will not tell you to use any drug or to not use any drug due to the reasons you ask… i will however, give you my experience and personal view.

I am on anti-depressants and i am on drug maintenance for an addictive issue - so i have a little relative experience.

I wouldnt be Mr. A1 candidate for perfect steroid use etc…
I have a temper, and (obviously) suffer depression. I know this is true of not only many (and i mean fucking MANY) steroid users, but many here.

It isnt true that they will just make you more depressed off cycle. It is actually common for depression to occur with heightened and especially supra-physiological androgen levels, so this means on cycle can be depressive too!
However, it totally depends on you, what makes you blue, your triggers, your ability to recover, sensitivity - so many small seemingly insignificant parts of your personality that it would be an immense task for us to try to hash out the best course of action for you.

What you can do with the knowledge you have of your own stability of mind, is make an educated, sensible and informed decision.
So if you, in your heart of hearts know that you are not stable enough for maybe feeling a little more down or aggressive at any point of steroid use… then dont.
If you know it wont be an issue… then maybe try it. Psychological sides are not the only sides remember.
If you genuinely arent sure and are willing to ‘risk’ it then make sure you do so with care… a low dose, short ester test… or even a less androgenic drug would be more apt IMO/IME… such as a nandrolone (Mmm-sacrilegious!) - using proviron.

Brook

thank you very much you all have been very helpful. ill be sure to let you all know how its going