Medical Testing on Special Forces WTF?

you gotta hand it to the whole eastern block armies they are tough as hell, even if they do lack ethical morals testing on their men…

He told me a funny story about when they where doing their tank driving training…

When they had the weekend off they went into the small town a few miles from base for drinks etc, of course some one was running late and said he’d meet them there.

Some time after the lad popped into the pub joking he “borrowed” a tank and its parked outside in the car park. YIP he actually did borrow a tank haha but go into soo much trouble.

He said as punishment everyone in his squad had to beat the shit outa him one by one then he was kicked out of the army.

kinda rough way to leave the army I thought…

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Well its not that surprising IMO, if you spend millions of your countries budget on improving gear and support for your elite soldiers, why not spend some of that money on improving the way their body functions under duress?

I like to think of the analogy as comparable to olympic athletes : yeah they are exceptional people without help, but with some help they’d be even better.

I always wondered why the military hadn’t jumped on stuff like anabolic steroids, I mean they did that test on recruits in ranger school (I think it was that?) and all of the recruits wouldve passed as hypogonadal based on their testosterone levels at the end of that course, and ofc there was tissue wasting along with that. With testosterone or some synthetic androgen administered, mental and physical performance wouldn’t degrade as much in a constantly stressful environment.

Also do they still give amphetamines to pilots? Last I heard modafinil is being looked into by the military, another drug that could help dramatically with the amount of sleep deprivation they face.[/quote]

The US military is responsible for anything that happens to a person in the course of their service. If they started administering drugs to soldiers and the soldier suffered some sort of side effects or adverse reaction, they would be on the hook for the rest of that soldiers life.

Of course somebody could always take it upon themselves to use any of the readily available substances already in common use.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
However it seems every guy at the bar that notices my bad haircut and paracord bracelet wants to tell me how they were in SOF
[/quote]
That’s what you get for wearing a para cord bracelet :wink:

[quote]irvs wrote:
Injections
[/quote]
Vaccinations

Antibiotics/vitamins

Peri workout nutrition

Physical fitness in the SOF community is a big deal. SOF personnel are very expensive to train and you don’t want their bodies breaking down. A lot of units have implemented “warrior athlete” type of S&C programs.

Probably some sort of SERE School

WTF? Maybe their unit doesn’t want a bunch of chubby bunnies running around? Microwave food isn’t the best for you lol

See above about teh fattiezzz

[quote]irvs wrote:
One of my best friends who has recently finished a good few years active duty with the “polish 5th special forces” was telling me some crazy training routines and testing they had done on them over the course of 10 years. Obviously pushing for stronger, harder, more focused soldiers.

Injections, pills and drinks of unknown description coupled with weird fitness and mental trainings.

obviously he said he had to sign a consent form, BUT the weird thing is he’s NOT allowed to eat microwaved foods or eat specific processed foods for the next 12 years WTF…!!!

I thought human testing like this was illegal, do other armed forces still do this and what’s with the processed and microwaved foods ban…??? [/quote]

You may be looking at the foods ban in the wrong light, as though that military is doing it for clandestine reasons.

The military is a proven ground for social, medical, etc. studies and experiments that can applied to or also benefit the general population. Due to their long periods of commitment and ease in which they can be tracked and tested, a sample of 200 enlisted personnel is preferable to 200 civilians for just about anything you’d like to research.

Physical tips to improve office productivity like posture and periodic stretching was initially done with enlisted office personnel. The Soldier Athlete Initiative instituted by Lieutenant General Mark Phillip Hertling in the US Army to counter lifelong sedentary and poor nutritional habits in new recruits is being adapted to improve the activity levels and diets of younger and younger groups.

With the Polish 5th Special Forces, the government may simply be interested in how these dietary changes improve the health of the soldiers. “Banning” certain foods and food preparation methods doesn’t take away from the quality of life of the soldiers, they’re eating more as their grandparents did if anything, and their physical tests and blood work can be used for further studies.

Who knows? In five or ten years specific chemicals in processed foods could be phased out because of what is found in these units.

[quote]irvs wrote:
He told me a funny story about when they where doing their tank driving training…

When they had the weekend off they went into the small town a few miles from base for drinks etc, of course some one was running late and said he’d meet them there.

Some time after the lad popped into the pub joking he “borrowed” a tank and its parked outside in the car park. YIP he actually did borrow a tank haha but go into soo much trouble.

He said as punishment everyone in his squad had to beat the shit outa him one by one then he was kicked out of the army.

kinda rough way to leave the army I thought…[/quote]

ok so just to clarify - your ‘buddy’ first went to special forces school, then went to armor school to learn how to drive tanks (makes sense lol wut) then apparently at armor school (which I would imagine normally trains regular soldiers how to be tank crews, so there is a decent amount of discipline and accountability there) he jacked one of the tanks, drove it off the base and through some kind of entry control point. drove it down roads and through towns w/o police or anyone noticing. and ‘parked’ it in front of a bar.

forget the fact that the two main tanks of the polish army (pt-91 and leopard2) require a crew of 3 and 4, respectively, to operate. even if they were training on old t72 tanks (possible) those still use a crew of 3.

then after all of that - his punishment was his ‘squad’ (which, since he’s apparently at a training school, would be comprised of like 19 year old leaning how to be a tank crew) hitting him a bunch. and then being kicked out of he army.

also, I did a quick check, and as of 2007-Present, there is no unit under the armed forces of the republic of Poland named ‘5th special forces’

seems legit

[quote]irvs wrote:

ok so just to clarify - your ‘buddy’ first went to special forces school, then went to armor school to learn how to drive tanks (makes sense lol wut) then apparently at armor school (which I would imagine normally trains regular soldiers how to be tank crews, so there is a decent amount of discipline and accountability there) he jacked one of the tanks, drove it off the base and through some kind of entry control point. drove it down roads and through towns w/o police or anyone noticing. and ‘parked’ it in front of a bar.

forget the fact that the two main tanks of the polish army (pt-91 and leopard2) require a crew of 3 and 4, respectively, to operate. even if they were training on old t72 tanks (possible) those still use a crew of 3.

then after all of that - his punishment was his ‘squad’ (which, since he’s apparently at a training school, would be comprised of like 19 year old leaning how to be a tank crew) hitting him a bunch. and then being kicked out of he army.

also, I did a quick check, and as of 2007-Present, there is no unit under the armed forces of the republic of Poland named ‘5th special forces’

seems legit[/quote]

See this is the shit that happens when you try to fool HolyMac…He Bangs Teachers. He smart.

[quote]irvs wrote:

seems legit[/quote]
Owned.
You can make up any story you like, throw in “SOF” or “special forces” and no matter how outlandish it is there will be someone who believes it.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Well its not that surprising IMO, if you spend millions of your countries budget on improving gear and support for your elite soldiers, why not spend some of that money on improving the way their body functions under duress?

I like to think of the analogy as comparable to olympic athletes : yeah they are exceptional people without help, but with some help they’d be even better.

I always wondered why the military hadn’t jumped on stuff like anabolic steroids, I mean they did that test on recruits in ranger school (I think it was that?) and all of the recruits wouldve passed as hypogonadal based on their testosterone levels at the end of that course, and ofc there was tissue wasting along with that. With testosterone or some synthetic androgen administered, mental and physical performance wouldn’t degrade as much in a constantly stressful environment.

Also do they still give amphetamines to pilots? Last I heard modafinil is being looked into by the military, another drug that could help dramatically with the amount of sleep deprivation they face.[/quote]

The US military is responsible for anything that happens to a person in the course of their service. If they started administering drugs to soldiers and the soldier suffered some sort of side effects or adverse reaction, they would be on the hook for the rest of that soldiers life.

[/quote]

Didnt stop them from doing that in the Gulf War…

I like the bunny test they do here in England for the paras or was it Marines? bacially you look after a very, veewwy cute wabbit.

Then kill it and eat it. SOF standards indicate two types can overcome this easily. The warrior type and the one type of person who enjoys killing just for the sake of killing. I wonder if the second personality fairs well after combat?

[quote]irvs wrote:

seems legit[/quote]

An Austrian soldier did that.

He did not drive to a bar, he just wanted to go home and he decided to use his tank.

Sorry, apparently he was drunk as a skunk and wanted to see his girlfriend.

[quote]orion wrote:
An Austrian soldier did that.

He did not drive to a bar, he just wanted to go home and he decided to use his tank.

Sorry, apparently he was drunk as a skunk and wanted to see his girlfriend. [/quote]

can’t read your link, but I will take your word for it.

i’m not saying crazy shit hasn’t happened in the military. hell I know in America some guy jacked a tank (I think it was a Sherman?) and was driving it on a freeway. the nat guard was gearing up a M1 to take it out but I think the guy committed suicide before the other tank left.

but imo OP’s stories have too many holes in it.

if he was a tanker and jacked his tank, maybe. to be a dude at tank school and do it? doubtful.

if you could sum up that story i’d be really interested to hear how it happened. lol insane.

lol
[/quote]

Hey handsome =)

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]irvs wrote:

seems legit[/quote]
Owned.
You can make up any story you like, throw in “SOF” or “special forces” and no matter how outlandish it is there will be someone who believes it.
[/quote]

Maybe they weren’t “special forces” like JSOC or anything, but more like “special” forces. Slight change in the closing of the quote, but a whole world of difference.

^^lol

[quote]debraD wrote:

Hey handsome =)
[/quote]

I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

[quote]debraD wrote:

Hey handsome =)
[/quote]

I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.[/quote]

lolwat