T Nation

Medical Testing on Special Forces WTF?

One of my best friends who has recently finished a good few years active duty with the “polish 5th special forces” was telling me some crazy training routines and testing they had done on them over the course of 10 years. Obviously pushing for stronger, harder, more focused soldiers.

Injections, pills and drinks of unknown description coupled with weird fitness and mental trainings.

obviously he said he had to sign a consent form, BUT the weird thing is he’s NOT allowed to eat microwaved foods or eat specific processed foods for the next 12 years WTF…!!!

I thought human testing like this was illegal, do other armed forces still do this and what’s with the processed and microwaved foods ban…???

I know nothing about this stuff but I would assume that when you are dealing with an elite force, every way to prove your mettle is on the table…as it should be.

Sounds kinda like what they did with Captain America lol, though some of it sounds a bit vague and hard to believe. Most special ops guys ban about everything but protein powder, not wanting to risk side effects on missions, like a cramped leg from creatine, dehydration from fat burners etc… Not sure what kind of chemicals, injections, and concoctions they are giving them but seems like something straight out of a montage 80s movie if it is for real, like the Russian dude from Rocky.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Most special ops guys ban about everything but protein powder, not wanting to risk side effects on missions, like a cramped leg from creatine, dehydration from fat burners etc… .[/quote]

lol, please go on with your obvious wealth of knowledge

^ WTF!

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Most special ops guys ban about everything but protein powder, not wanting to risk side effects on missions, like a cramped leg from creatine, dehydration from fat burners etc… .[/quote]

lol, please go on with your obvious wealth of knowledge

[/quote]
^
Look everyone, it’s the big guy from Fantastic 4!

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
^ WTF![/quote]

I think we have a sighting…

holy shit!

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Most special ops guys ban about everything but protein powder, not wanting to risk side effects on missions, like a cramped leg from creatine, dehydration from fat burners etc… .[/quote]

lol, please go on with your obvious wealth of knowledge

[/quote]

I don’t know too much, just going off what I learned from trying to get into BUDS and SEAL Team, couldn’t get waiver though so I was DQ’ed, I’m just curious as to what they are doing to the people that OP mentioned because it sounds intense lol

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
holy shit![/quote]

not shit, Macaroni.

Knowing the amount of shit in processed foods, taking long shits in the field that stink to high hell would be the downfall of their endeavours.

I wonder how long it will be before gene therapy becomes the norm to enhance soldiers beyond normal abilities.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Knowing the amount of shit in processed foods, taking long shits in the field that stink to high hell would be the downfall of their endeavours.
[/quote]

So you are saying they use butt plugs?

Don’t be naive to the technology and enhancement of Special Op’s units worldwide. Its just that… “Special”, and for the most part all radio silence.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before gene therapy becomes the norm to enhance soldiers beyond normal abilities.[/quote]

they had the F117 built and flying 10+years before anyone knew that was possible…

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Knowing the amount of shit in processed foods, taking long shits in the field that stink to high hell would be the downfall of their endeavours.
[/quote]

So you are saying they use butt plugs?
[/quote]

Are you saying you dont?

This thread is awesome lol

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before gene therapy becomes the norm to enhance soldiers beyond normal abilities.[/quote]

they had the F117 built and flying 10+years before anyone knew that was possible…[/quote]

Even more impressive was the SR-71 blackbird. You should read the book “Skunk Works…” by Ben Rich. It’s amazing what they were able to accomplish. He even has a nice epilogue on the current state of military acquisitions and why things are prohibitively expensive and generally FUBAR.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
I don’t know too much, just going off what I learned from trying to get into BUDS and SEAL Team, couldn’t get waiver though so I was DQ’ed, I’m just curious as to what they are doing to the people that OP mentioned because it sounds intense lol [/quote]

so you’re military experience is a few games of COD and never making it past the recruiter’s desk? thanks for your insight.

i’m curious as well about OP. however I was also curious as to where you were getting your (incorrect) information.

the microwaved food thing is weird.

then again, he could be BS’ing. forget the fact that conventional infantry makes up like 10% of the army, and then ranger/SF/delta makes up an even smaller percentage of that. however it seems every guy at the bar that notices my bad haircut and paracord bracelet wants to tell me how they were in SOF

it sucks b/c I just came off a FOB that was run by the poles. could of def brought this up to them and tried to get some answers

I wouldn’t question my polish mate in what he says he’s one of my best friends, I said he was crazy doing it but he believes that some day the testing and training methods will help soldiers in combat or even if wounded (very patriotic I thought)

I understand the processed foods bit but not the microwave cooked foods that’s why I asked??

One of the crazy training routines he talked about was in hand to hand training where their constantly tazered to the point its nothing and they can fight on. I KNOW this one is true because he let me tazer him 3 times repeatedly and all he did was flinch and look angry…

I’ve huge respect for the “special units” the training they go through is brutal and only a small percentage of people are capable of it.
sleep, food, water depravation and getting you ass kicked JUST for training is nuts.

Well its not that surprising IMO, if you spend millions of your countries budget on improving gear and support for your elite soldiers, why not spend some of that money on improving the way their body functions under duress?

I like to think of the analogy as comparable to olympic athletes : yeah they are exceptional people without help, but with some help they’d be even better.

I always wondered why the military hadn’t jumped on stuff like anabolic steroids, I mean they did that test on recruits in ranger school (I think it was that?) and all of the recruits wouldve passed as hypogonadal based on their testosterone levels at the end of that course, and ofc there was tissue wasting along with that. With testosterone or some synthetic androgen administered, mental and physical performance wouldn’t degrade as much in a constantly stressful environment.

Also do they still give amphetamines to pilots? Last I heard modafinil is being looked into by the military, another drug that could help dramatically with the amount of sleep deprivation they face.