T Nation

Medical Question Before Going to Doc


It seems that I have a very large Epididymus on my left testicle. I noticed it a few months ago, and after some re-search I saw this obviousley wasnt right. The obvious answer is to go to a doctor, which I will do. But has anyone had this before? Ive read it could be something as serious as cancer, and something as little as inflimation.


Sounds to me like a varicocele, as they occur most often on the left testicle and about 1 in 6 males have them (source: http://mayoclinic.com/health/Varicocele/DS00618 ). Read the “diagnosis” part on the wikipedia page ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicocele )and the entire mayo clinic link I posted, and see if what you have matches up to this. If this is what you have, it can lead to infertility, and can be removed easily, however from what I gather removal is usually not done unless you are/become infertile. By the way, I have no medical education so take what I say with a grain of salt.


Dude it could be anything… Just get it checked out. My little bro’s ball was a bit enlarged and he went to his doctor. Who sent him to the urologist, needless to say my little brother was freaking the fuck out. Turns out it was just inflammation. They’ll do an ultrasound and the fucking gel they slap on your balls will be cold. No one can really determine what you have unless they have x-ray vision. Godspeed and Party On.