Medical Publications

Does anyone know of a good source of medical publications about steroids? For instance, there must have been some studies and publications about Deca before they started administering it to AIDs patients. And how about studies on TRT? For instance, do medical doctors recommend cycling (time on = time off?) for their TRT patients? Do medical doctors ever prescribe HCG and SERMs for patients looking to come off over TRT?

Thanks.

[quote]meepmister wrote:
Does anyone know of a good source of medical publications about steroids? For instance, there must have been some studies and publications about Deca before they started administering it to AIDs patients.
[/quote]

There is no single publication that houses all the steroid research, not has a more complete collection of studies. Unless you have university or institutional access to online databases of articles and research, I would suggest PubMed as the best source for searching the entire body of hormone research. If you don’t have university or institutional access (or know someone who does), you’ll only be able to access abstracts for the majority of the studies listed, but most people will only need that much info anyway.

[quote]
And how about studies on TRT? For instance, do medical doctors recommend cycling (time on = time off?) for their TRT patients? Do medical doctors ever prescribe HCG and SERMs for patients looking to come off over TRT?

Thanks.[/quote]

First question: No, HRT is a lifelong treatment.

Second question: No, for same reason.

I have never heard of a doctor prescribing HRT as a short-term therapy. I am sure there has been research regarding this, but I can’t say for sure. Your best bet would be to look up studies regarding male hormonal contraceptives, as these employ low dose HRT. Their methods sections might describe protocols for PCT, if they even had one.

I’d imagine they just stopped the treatment, as most used low-dose (100-200mg/wk or month, depending on study) and observed the body’s natural return to homeostasis. Again, just speculating on the methods.

i am taking 1mL of equipoise and 1 1/2mL of T-propionate in inject form…will i see serious soreness? i inject in my shoulders on monday and they are still very sore and its now thurs…is this common?

[quote]Steve38 wrote:
i am taking 1mL of equipoise and 1 1/2mL of T-propionate in inject form…will i see serious soreness? i inject in my shoulders on monday and they are still very sore and its now thurs…is this common?[/quote]

You should start your own thread…

[quote]meepmister wrote:
Does anyone know of a good source of medical publications about steroids? For instance, there must have been some studies and publications about Deca before they started administering it to AIDs patients. And how about studies on TRT? For instance, do medical doctors recommend cycling (time on = time off?) for their TRT patients? Do medical doctors ever prescribe HCG and SERMs for patients looking to come off over TRT?

Thanks.[/quote]

You would probably have to look in the college level texts and journals of endocrinology for scientific literature.

Try the closed stacks of the local med-school library. Thats where they keep the good stuff.

This is my main man. Some of the best “non-medical” uses of AAS. He’s been at it for almost 30 years. Check out some of his research:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/c/e/cey2/YesaliCV.htm

[quote]meepmister wrote:

Thanks.[/quote]

www.pubmed.com is a good source. Can’t gauruntee you’ll find what you want, but I would say it is a good starting point.

Thanks guys. I’ll spend some time with pubmed, and perhaps visit the local university’s library.