Medical Marijuana

Interesting article. I am a supporter of medical marijuana and ultimately think it should be legalized and controlled like alcohol or tobacco.

It is people like this seller that ruin it for everyone. From reading the article I would guess he is selling it to more than just cancer and glaucoma patients.

It is impossible to know either way if being high caused the traffic accident. You cannot put any more faith in NORML’s propaganda than you can in MADD’s propaganda.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
I posted it because I thought it interesting, I personally am ,pro Marijuana. I see it as another way our Federal Gov. Overrides the state laws .As if we do not have enough people in prison.
It would be like arresting the people that own Budweiser for the people that drink their product then wreck their car because they are drunk.

That aspect makes this ridiculous. Are they blaming the “drug dealer” for the crime someone commited after they were sold the “drug”?

Is that even legal? If someone kills another driver while drunk, do we arrest the guy at Stop&Shop for selling it to him?

…[/quote]

Sometimes it does happen, our legal system is messed up.

I would like to point out that relying on Marijuana for stress relief is just completely out of bonds when it comes to conventional wisdom.

Your brain will start thinking that whenever it is stressed, you NEED marijuana, that is NOT a position you want to be into.

E.G. A friend of mine smokes during school, he did it a few times now he says he feels like he HAS TO DO IT during school. The brain is very impressionable…

pittbulll wrote:
I posted it because I thought it interesting, I personally am ,pro Marijuana. I see it as another way our Federal Gov. Overrides the state laws .As if we do not have enough people in prison.
It would be like arresting the people that own Budweiser for the people that drink their product then wreck their car because they are drunk.

That aspect makes this ridiculous. Are they blaming the “drug dealer” for the crime someone commited after they were sold the “drug”?

Is that even legal? If someone kills another driver while drunk, do we arrest the guy at Stop&Shop for selling it to him?[/quote]

I guess I’m not an expert on this stuff, but isn’t alcohol legal, and marijuana isn’t? In one scenario you have somebody selling something that is legal, but in the other scenario you have somebody selling something that is illegal.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Marijuana’s a good thing, anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously never used it.

I’ve been stressed way the fuck out over the last week and it really helps you fall asleep.

Thats about all its good for, more then anything I think it makes you lazy and not want to do much. [/quote]

Lazy is the best word I can think of for most people that really like marijuana. Most Americans don’t need any help being lazy.

[quote]Eielson wrote:

I guess I’m not an expert on this stuff…[/quote]

No, you certainly aren’t.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
I would like to point out that relying on Marijuana for stress relief is just completely out of bonds when it comes to conventional wisdom.

Your brain will start thinking that whenever it is stressed, you NEED marijuana, that is NOT a position you want to be into.

E.G. A friend of mine smokes during school, he did it a few times now he says he feels like he HAS TO DO IT during school. The brain is very impressionable…
[/quote]

Using that logic, everyone should stop taking caffeine or drinking coffee in the morning. I am sure most of America (if not the world) feels they can’t function without some amount of caffeine in their system in the morning.

[quote]Eielson wrote:

I guess I’m not an expert on this stuff,[/quote]

No shit.

[quote]
but isn’t alcohol legal, and marijuana isn’t? In one scenario you have somebody selling something that is legal, but in the other scenario you have somebody selling something that is illegal.[/quote]

How does that make someone ELSE responsible in any way for a crime committed by one individual? Again, they didn’t mention alcohol at all…which is strange considering it is THE most guilty substance for deaths on the road, noting whether it was or was not present would be valuable information.

Is there this much effort to arrest the store clerk who sold alcohol to a teenager if they are involved in an accident?

They might bring charges against someone if CAUGHT IN THE ACT of selling it to a minor, but since when have they gone LOOKING for the guy after someone else is involved in a crash unrelated to the actual sell of alcohol?

[quote]orion wrote:
entheogens wrote:
Makavali wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

Hm. I did not see this. Ignore my sour response.

Makavali, despite this, thanks for posting these. Very interesting. The only “myth” I agree with is #8 Marijuana is more potent today than in the past.

I actually think that one is true (at least for the United States). I can remember back in the 70s that it took a joint or more to get me as stoned as one bong hit does now.

That is the reaction of the market to the prohibition.

Not only did most of the growing move indoors, where the conditions can be monitored more closely, it also makes sense that illegal drugs become as potent as possible to make smuggling easier.

When one kg of Mexican outdoor weed is worth 600$ and on kg of Canadian indoor hydro weed is close to 8000$ the Canadian weed must be more potent.

[/quote]

Im unsure as to where you got these figures from. However you could likely get close to 2kgs for that price here.

I do agree that it must be much more potent than prior years and thats part of the reason so much of it is getting shipped stateside instead of coming up from mexico.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
orion wrote:
entheogens wrote:
Makavali wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

Hm. I did not see this. Ignore my sour response.

Makavali, despite this, thanks for posting these. Very interesting. The only “myth” I agree with is #8 Marijuana is more potent today than in the past.

I actually think that one is true (at least for the United States). I can remember back in the 70s that it took a joint or more to get me as stoned as one bong hit does now.

That is the reaction of the market to the prohibition.

Not only did most of the growing move indoors, where the conditions can be monitored more closely, it also makes sense that illegal drugs become as potent as possible to make smuggling easier.

When one kg of Mexican outdoor weed is worth 600$ and on kg of Canadian indoor hydro weed is close to 8000$ the Canadian weed must be more potent.

Im unsure as to where you got these figures from. However you could likely get close to 2kgs for that price here.

[/quote]

4000$ per kilo for Canadian hydro weed?

I got my number from an article about an Canadian grower.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Marijuana’s a good thing, anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously never used it.

I’ve been stressed way the fuck out over the last week and it really helps you fall asleep. [/quote]

I agree 100% my bed time supplement stack is: ZMA+Melatonin+joint = good dreams

Eielson wrote:

I guess I’m not an expert on this stuff,

No shit.

but isn’t alcohol legal, and marijuana isn’t? In one scenario you have somebody selling something that is legal, but in the other scenario you have somebody selling something that is illegal.

How does that make someone ELSE responsible in any way for a crime committed by one individual? Again, they didn’t mention alcohol at all…which is strange considering it is THE most guilty substance for deaths on the road, noting whether it was or was not present would be valuable information.

Is there this much effort to arrest the store clerk who sold alcohol to a teenager if they are involved in an accident?

They might bring charges against someone if CAUGHT IN THE ACT of selling it to a minor, but since when have they gone LOOKING for the guy after someone else is involved in a crash unrelated to the actual sell of alcohol?[/quote]

You’re going off talking about something completely different.

You said this-
“If someone kills another driver while drunk, do we arrest the guy at Stop&Shop for selling it to him?”

You never said anything about him being a minor.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:

[/quote]

People take pills which are far more addictive to deal with stress, so please - tell us how THC will be so much more worse.

[quote]Eielson wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Eielson wrote:

I guess I’m not an expert on this stuff,

No shit.

but isn’t alcohol legal, and marijuana isn’t? In one scenario you have somebody selling something that is legal, but in the other scenario you have somebody selling something that is illegal.

They might bring charges against someone if CAUGHT IN THE ACT of selling it to a minor, but since when have they gone LOOKING for the guy after someone else is involved in a crash unrelated to the actual sell of alcohol?

You’re going off talking about something completely different.

You said this-
“If someone kills another driver while drunk, do we arrest the guy at Stop&Shop for selling it to him?”

You never said anything about him being a minor.[/quote]

It’s not completely different. By using the scenario of selling to a minor, the act ALSO becomes illegal so the question remains, WHEN has this ever happened like this concerning the illegal sell of alcohol?

This is a tough issue.

As stated, is it really any worse than other stuff (alcohol, cigs, etc)?

The heart surgeon that I train, was explaining to me the effects it has on the arteries in the heart, and it was scary.

That being said, I had an ex-GF that would smoke it 5 days out of the week, and didn’t think it was a problem. I of course drink alcohol, and felt like a hypocrite trying to say how unhealthy it was, but at least I didn’t drink 5 days/wk.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
This is a tough issue.

The heart surgeon that I train, was explaining to me the effects it has on the arteries in the heart, and it was scary.

That being said, I had an ex-GF that would smoke it 5 days out of the week, and didn’t think it was a problem. I of course drink alcohol, and felt like a hypocrite trying to say how unhealthy it was, but at least I didn’t drink 5 days/wk.[/quote]

Effects would be the same as a cigarette, no? What are the effects when using a vaporizer?

This is a tough issue.

That being said, I had an ex-GF that would smoke it 5 days out of the week, and didn’t think it was a problem. I of course drink alcohol, and felt like a hypocrite trying to say how unhealthy it was, but at least I didn’t drink 5 days/wk.[/quote]

Smoking, period, is bad for the arteries of the heart. One thing I can say with confidence is that if this plant were made legal, it would take all of two weeks for businesses to come up with alternative ways to ingest it.

Bias is holding back research.

jehovasfitness wrote:
This is a tough issue.

That being said, I had an ex-GF that would smoke it 5 days out of the week, and didn’t think it was a problem. I of course drink alcohol, and felt like a hypocrite trying to say how unhealthy it was, but at least I didn’t drink 5 days/wk.

Smoking, period, is bad for the arteries of the heart. One thing I can say with confidence is that if this plant were made legal, it would take all of two weeks for businesses to come up with alternative ways to ingest it.

Bias is holding back research.[/quote]

Actually, he said weed is much worse :shrug:

Actually, he said weed is much worse :shrug:[/quote]

Because…? Did he back up that statement or did he just say it? You have to remember that not very many medical professionals know more than what gets put in front of them.

5. Marijuana is much more dangerous than tobacco

Smoked marijuana contains about the same amount of carcinogens as does an equivalent amount of tobacco. It should be remembered, however, that a heavy tobacco smoker consumes much more tobacco than a heavy marijuana smoker consumes marijuana. This is because smoked tobacco, with a 90% addiction rate, is the most addictive of all drugs while marijuana is less addictive than caffeine. Two other factors are important. The first is that paraphernalia laws directed against marijuana users make it difficult to smoke safely. These laws make water pipes and bongs, which filter some of the carcinogens out of the smoke, illegal and, hence, unavailable. The second is that, if marijuana were legal, it would be more economical to have cannabis drinks like bhang (a traditional drink in the Middle East) or tea which are totally non-carcinogenic. This is in stark contrast with “smokeless” tobacco products like snuff which can cause cancer of the mouth and throat. When all of these facts are taken together, it can be clearly seen that the reverse is true: marijuana is much SAFER than tobacco.

This is a tough issue.

[/quote]
No it isn’t.

If one believes in the idea of property rights then it must follow that one should be able to use their property to grow what ever crop one wishes. By extension ones body is ones property and therefor one should be able to put whatever one wants in it – be that coke, weed, steroids, alcohol, or donkey dick (assuming the donkey is the property of the one being penetrated). Property rights also carry with it the notion that one cannot harm another person with their property because that would violate the property rights of someone else.

It is a really simple idea.