T Nation

Media Portrayal of War

Doing a paper on how the media portrays the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq since 9/11. Initially Bush said we were going in because of 9/11 which we know there is much more to it than that… I need some good sites on to how the media has done this. I’ve seen a lot of fox clips on how were there for revenge, or “to protect america.” Anybody have sites they can share to find some info.

have you tried youtube? I would suggest you watch President Bush address to the UN to learn why we went into Iraq. In that address Bush spelled it out clearly. That should help clear up your confusion about why we went in there.

Thanks for the response. I have that already. Thats pretty much what my essay is on thus far. I was just thinking maybe Ill need some more research from different sources but I think as long as i have the view, Ill be good.

[quote]BallinBoss wrote:
Thanks for the response. I have that already. Thats pretty much what my essay is on thus far. I was just thinking maybe Ill need some more research from different sources but I think as long as i have the view, Ill be good. [/quote]

I would highly recommend Stars & Stripes (the newspaper for US armed forces) as a source.

It’s probably one of the more balanced — you’d think it’d be propaganda, but it’s read by people fighting the war(s), and we’d have cried bullshit if too gung-ho.

It’s online and available to all.

I highly recommend it to anyone tired of Fox News/MSNBC/CNN political bullshit.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
have you tried youtube? I would suggest you watch President Bush address to the UN to learn why we went into Iraq. In that address Bush spelled it out clearly. That should help clear up your confusion about why we went in there. [/quote]
He is writing about MEDIA portrayal, not the reasons given by politicians.