T Nation

Med Ball of Doom

I need to find a 45 lb med ball that is capable of taking a direct hit from a semi truck, being dragged by a car at high speeds, all while remaining intact…

What in the hell for?

Maybe a kettlebell…

I’m with rainjack…what the in the hell are you planning on doing with that beast of a ball?

You’re not planning on killing somebody, are you?

www.elitefts.com sells rubber medicine balls that go up to 100#. My guess is that the rubber covering might work for your, umm, “needs.”

Here is the actual link: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/frames.asp

It doesn’t say they’re rubber-covered, so that may be my mistake, but they have a tough shell with guaranteed replacement.

Cut one leg off of an old but hole-free pair of jeans. Tie up one end with nylon rope. Fill it with sand. tie up the other end. Saw an old tire into thirds. Take one third and cram in the sandy jeans. Fit another third over the first. Cut the remaining third into 2 10 inch peices and plug the ends. Get 4 rolls of duct tape and start wrapping.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Cut one leg off of an old but hole-free pair of jeans. Tie up one end with nylon rope. Fill it with sand. tie up the other end. Saw an old tire into thirds. Take one third and cram in the sandy jeans. Fit another third over the first. Cut the remaining third into 2 10 inch peices and plug the ends. Get 4 rolls of duct tape and start wrapping.[/quote]

that’s brilliant