I am aware that methasterone (superdrol, SD, M-drol, beastdrol) use is not popular around here, but I'm looking for educated opinions and figured this was one of the best forums to get them.
SD does not aromatize or cause any E related side effects like A-bombs do. But I have read that SD can sometimes cause delayed gyno. The problem is that there are so many different theories on what mechanism is responsible.
The theories I have read about are:
(1) SD causes E rebound. But I do not understand why SD would and other non-aromatizable AAS wouldn't.
(2) SD binds very strongly to SHBG, thereby increasing free E levels
(3) SD causes the adrenals to produce aromatizable hormones (never heard of anything like this before?)
(4) SD needs to attatch to prolactin to enter cells and resultantly causes increased prolactin productin that lasts long after the cycle is over
(5) SD has very low androgenic affect which results in a lower androgen:oestrogen ratio (but again, why would sd cause this but low androgenic aas do not?)
(6) SD is an agonist of the progesterone receptor
Thanks for any constructive feedback. I think if the mechanism was better understood we would be able to prevent the gyno a lot more effectively, and I would also lke to know just as a matter of interest.