Meat and Veggies Diet

I’m going to try this diet for two weeks this spring and two this summer to try and get lean. I don’t like to diet with a severe calorie restriction for more then two weeks because I don’t get good results. I don’t like to diet with limited calorie restriction because I find it’s hard to be exact with my diet. I like simple guidelines rather then strict rules.

Basically for two weeks I’m going rid my house of everything but veggies and lean meat. No potatoes or starchy veggies, but as much spinach, broccoli, celery, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and asparagus as I can eat. Also, I can have all the lean beef, fish, chicken, and pork I can handle. I can use whatever spices I want but no sauces. I will also supplement with protein shakes, probably about three per day.

This means that my protein intake is going to be very high as will my fiber intake. I will get almost no carbs and limited fat intake.

I will workout with heavy weights just as I am now but I will also add 20 mins of cardio to the end of my workouts.

My start date will be March 17th.

I dare anyone to stick to this diet and not lose weight. Seems simple doesn’t it?

It’s what I’m doing now :wink: maybe a little onion and soy sauce occasionally, but it can’t hurt THAT bad…good luck on it…I miss my carbs so much.
I also add in a tsp (not tbsp) of natty PB. Good fats, and keeps me full.

Have you read the cheat to lose diet or the other stuff by Marion and his leptin levels?

You if you start to level off after a few weeks try a refeed period to get your leptin levels back. Long term calorie restriction doesn’t work, but a couple hundred calories below maintenance can work for a while longer.

PS, I don’t see how you could lose enough wait just dieting 2 weeks at a time. You would have to be almost 500 calories under maintenance just to lose 1 pound per week. How much you tryin’ to lose?

I’m hoping to lose about 7-8 pounds. I’m basing this on when I did the Velocity Diet last year, and the caloric deficit is similar. I’m expecting to take in about 1500 calories a day which is about a 2000 calorie deficit per day. As I said before, the extreme diets are the only ones that really work for me.

I did try to refeed every saturday while I was on the V-Diet but after the first two weeks my results were very poor.

mintyfresh - how have your results been so far?

I have done this as well. I had decent results but found that doing it for longer with less restriction worked better. The deficit was just to great and my energy levels went to crap. I will keep checking on this post to see how it goes for you JO so keep on posting…

It’s getting to be that time but I’ve made a couple changes. I’m going to start on March 9th which is this coming Sunday, I have a soccer game at 11a.m. and after that I’m going to the store to stock up on meat and veggies then the diet starts.

I’m also going to supplement with:

Creatine
Protein shakes
Fish Oil
BCAA’s
Tribulus

I’m hoping that the BCAA’s will keep me from losing muscle and the Tribulus will keep my test levels high.

I’m also adding eggs and nuts to the list eat the nuts in moderation because of their very high calorie content.

Rather then set a limit of two weeks I’m going to go until I start losing strength and thus muscle or I’m no longer losing much weight.

I will probably do a refeed with a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit every saturday.

Current weight is 204 but I’m going to take an official weigh in and pics on Sunday. I’ll post the weigh in but probably not the pics.

I’m on the fence about a metabolism booster, none of the legal ones seems to work well. Has anyone taken a Ephedrine Sulfate (25 mg), Guaifenesin (400 mg) blend and does it work like the ECA stack used to?

If you add the C nad the A it should.

Guaifenesin is added to make it more difficult to process into meth.

HOT-ROX Extreme works well.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
HOT-ROX Extreme works well.[/quote]

…very well.

Day 1 - Official weigh in is 201.6 at 4:30p.m. Down 2.5 pounds since yesterday but I’m sure it’s from the lack of food in my digestive tract and some water weight. I’ve only had three meals so far and a total of around 700 calories but I slept in since it’s Sunday. I should be able to get three more meals in before I go to bed tonight. I also want to do some light cardio and stretching today, my legs have been pretty tight lately. Tomorrow is squats and deadlift so I’m sure it’s going to wear me out.

I’m also going to add about 25 grams of carbs to drink during my workout. I wasn’t sure if I was going to add them or not but after thinking about it I realized that if it helps me get a better workout then it’s an easy choice.

Depending on the cuts of meat, your fat intake may not be as limited as you think.

Right now I have 4 pounds each of pork loin, sirloin beef steak, and 93% lean ground beef as well as a pound of bacon. Except for the bacon it’s lean meat so I should be fine. Little bit of fat never hurt anyone anyway.

I’ve been contemplating doing meat/veggies for a bit…keep me us updated.

I’ve been following the AD but in the last 2 weeks cut it back to basically meat, eggs, and fish. Cut out the cheese and cream and such that I was using…

Anyway, keep the updates coming.

Today’s weight in at 5:30 was 200.0, down 1.6 pounds from yesterday.

Meals so far have been

Omelet with low fat cheese, tomatoes, onion, turkey, and green pepper and three strips of bacon.

10 oz Sirloin steak.

Celery w peanut butter and carrots

Couple whey protein shakes

Green tea with BCAA’s

and supplements of vitamins, fish oil, tribulus, creatine, and lipodrene (metabolism booster I had lying around)

Going to workout now, supposed to do squats of 295 5x5, it’s gonna be tough. I’m going to drink 100 calories of Gatorade with about 15 grams BCAA’s mixed in during my workout.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
I’m going to try this diet for two weeks this spring and two this summer to try and get lean. I don’t like to diet with a severe calorie restriction for more then two weeks because I don’t get good results. I don’t like to diet with limited calorie restriction because I find it’s hard to be exact with my diet. I like simple guidelines rather then strict rules.

Basically for two weeks I’m going rid my house of everything but veggies and lean meat. No potatoes or starchy veggies, but as much spinach, broccoli, celery, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and asparagus as I can eat. Also, I can have all the lean beef, fish, chicken, and pork I can handle. I can use whatever spices I want but no sauces. I will also supplement with protein shakes, probably about three per day.

This means that my protein intake is going to be very high as will my fiber intake. I will get almost no carbs and limited fat intake.

I will workout with heavy weights just as I am now but I will also add 20 mins of cardio to the end of my workouts.

My start date will be March 17th.

I dare anyone to stick to this diet and not lose weight. Seems simple doesn’t it?[/quote]

im doing something somewhat similar. im eating only meats and vegies for about 5 days then a day of only protein then a day of only fruit. then 3 weeks of whatever…

supposedly depriving your self of carbs for a week and then protein for one day will make you suck it up even more when u come off the restriction week hopefully allowing me to put weight the weeks after that easier…

Do you have any articles or studies to back that up? I’d very much like to read them if you do.

I see no reason to leave out vegetables on any day.

Just got back from my workout and it went surprisingly well. I thought I’d be dead tired but I had good energy until the end.

I did:
Warm Up then
squats 5x5 @ 295
deads 5 singles @ 379
reverse hyper 3x8 @ 140
GHR 3x8 w 15lb DB
abs
Elliptical for 10 mins

I’m starving now, I’m gonna cook up some pork loin and figure out what else I can cook.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
Do you have any articles or studies to back that up? I’d very much like to read them if you do.

I see no reason to leave out vegetables on any day.[/quote]

if you dont eat carbs (veggies dont really count IMHO cuz they are mainly water and fiber) and therefore hault insulin surges for a period of time your body becomes more insulin sensitive compared to when you pound the carbs (and keep jaking up insulin surges) everyday. this coupled with the increase in insulin sensitivity from still lifting wieghts sets up for when you do re introduce carbs.

not eating veggies for one day will not hurt the whole rest of the time your are supposed too…