T Nation

Meat and Eggs 2015 - Where, How

I've done my research on Gironda's ideas and while I may not be convinced by a lot of his old school stuff I'd be curious to cycle between vegan for a few weeks and his "1pound of meat,12 eggs a day" stuff

This is more of a cultural question as I'm going to move to NYC and as I'm European recently arrived in the U.S., I have no idea how to supply myself in meat (30lb per month) and eggs (30 dozens yay). I've read here and there a few posters talk about their plans for grass fed premium quality delivered at home. Where do you find that?

Also, what would be the best additions in order to reach a solid 3000kcal every day? Obviously a ton of veggies no matter what and a solid peri workout (ie Plazma) but then? Bananas, roots, coconut?

[quote]tontongg wrote:

This is more of a cultural question as I’m going to move to NYC and as I’m European recently arrived in the U.S., I have no idea how to supply myself in meat (30lb per month) and eggs (30 dozens yay). I’ve read here and there a few posters talk about their plans for grass fed premium quality delivered at home. Where do you find that? [/quote]

I unsure where you get stuff in your hometown, but in NYC you can get eggs by taking a walk down the block to a gas station, convenience store, or grocery store. There are more than enough places here, in every borough, that offer grass fed whatever: butter, cheese, meats, and milk. Look for Fairway and Trader Joe’s.

Yes, there are food delivery options. Shop Rite has Peapod. Check out others. Use Google.

[quote]
Also, what would be the best additions in order to reach a solid 3000kcal every day? Obviously a ton of veggies no matter what and a solid peri workout (ie Plazma) but then? Bananas, roots, coconut?[/quote]

Try reading some of the thousands of articles on nutrition on this site. Use the search engine. See Christian Thibaudeau’s beginner series on nutrition.

What borough are you moving to?

and why the Hell would you rotate this with a Vegan (for fucks sake) diet ?

Meat, Eggs, Nuts and Cheese for Breakfast…forever !

Will be targeting Hell’s Kitchen and nearby. I’m a freak haha, I tried to find which gym seems to be the best deal and THEN see the neighborhood. Luckily the gym (mid city) is near HK/midtown west.

I supposed there would be a good farmer’s online delivery that provided good deals on 20+ pounds of meat and/or loads of eggs for less than $4 per dozen (as in traders joe). I googled and found a few farms that would send meat within the city but can’t get under $10 per pound (found some interesting mixes of salmon, chicken, grass fed beef for $12-15 per lb). Only beef liver and ground beef go down to &7 per pound. I’m fine with these but just trying to know better.

The vegan thing was a Gironda’s idea, I actually find it interesting. Would bring good variety