Measuring Spinach?

im on a new diet, and it calls for 1 cup of spinach per meal. Does that mean one cup cooked spinach or uncooked? Also, if i were to measure a cup of carrots, can i just cut them up and throw them in a measuring cup to get an accurate measurement? I know this may sound stupid, but i want to make sure i have the right measurements. thanks

bro just get close spinach even if your off by a whole cup aint going to make much of a difference. stop sweating over the minutia so much.

1. It may depend, but usually they mean raw spinach. Just stuff enough in there to get a good solid cup.

2. Yeah, cut the carrots. Smaller the better so you’re getting an accurate measurement.

Seriously, you could probably eat all the fruits and veggies you want and not worry about cups and grams and crap. Especially things like spinach and carrots!

[quote]Bootsie wrote:
im on a new diet, and it calls for 1 cup of spinach per meal. Does that mean one cup cooked spinach or uncooked? Also, if i were to measure a cup of carrots, can i just cut them up and throw them in a measuring cup to get an accurate measurement? I know this may sound stupid, but i want to make sure i have the right measurements. thanks[/quote]

Unless it says otherwise, it means raw. You’d have to cook A LOT of raw spinach to get a cup of cooked spinach.

Isn’t raw spinach like 17 kcal/cup? I burn that many calories when I get off the couch to take a piss. I wouldn’t worry about it. I would think they mean raw.