Measuring Oil Consumption

Sometimes I cook with olive oil or put olive oil on my salads (or occasionally other oils). Naturally not all of it that I pour I end up consuming, for instance with a salad a fair amount of oil settles at the bottom of the bowl. Any good rules of thumb for determining how much fat I’m consuming from it? Say I use two tablespoons to cook with or on my salad, would that mean about 1 would be consumed?

Thanks

[quote]TheBlade wrote:
Sometimes I cook with olive oil or put olive oil on my salads (or occasionally other oils). Naturally not all of it that I pour I end up consuming, for instance with a salad a fair amount of oil settles at the bottom of the bowl. Any good rules of thumb for determining how much fat I’m consuming from it? Say I use two tablespoons to cook with or on my salad, would that mean about 1 would be consumed?

Thanks[/quote]

I just assume I’ve consumed it all even when I know I haven’t for sake of simplicity and being consistent. That way when my weight is either going up or down, I can adjust and keep that same metric.

Alright, that’s fair, thanks