Measuring Creatine At Home

Hey everyone just wondering the most fool-proof method without scales to measure doses of creatine etc. out, e.g what is the conversion rate of a flat teaspoon to grams

1 heaping tsp = 5g

Every teaspoon is slightly different. The “standard teaspoon” (5ml) is somewhat theoretical and volume can vary massively. If you want accuracy without scales, best get a scoop like this:

They come in different sizes, measured to flat.

I’m not certain, but I think 5g of creatine is about 7.5ml, so 1 and a half scoops like that. Unless you get a 7.5ml scoop somewhere (I think Biotest superfood and creatine malate come with one, probably creatine monohydrate as well).

B.

just use any old teaspoon. The minute difference between teaspoons will make no difference whatsoever.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
just use any old teaspoon. The minute difference between teaspoons will make no difference whatsoever.[/quote]

Just so you know, you can pick up a cheap spring-loaded scale for around $5 from a cooking store.

Even then, you’ll probably only need to use it once to see how big of a scoop is actually 5g… and then just do that.

And then you can return the scale to the store :slight_smile:

Your creatine doesn’t come with scoops?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Just so you know, you can pick up a cheap spring-loaded scale for around $5 from a cooking store.

Even then, you’ll probably only need to use it once to see how big of a scoop is actually 5g… and then just do that.

And then you can return the scale to the store :-)[/quote]
best idea ever

[quote]animus wrote:
Your creatine doesn’t come with scoops?[/quote]

scoops arent always accurate. I have one brand of BCAA that said the scoop was 10g, but it was only 6g. I had another BCAA that was suposed to be 9g scoop, but it was actaully 11

You know what happens if you take 6 or 7 grams don’t you? YOU WILL DIE

If you take only 4…YOU WILL ALSO DIE.

[quote]Nards wrote:

If you take only 4…YOU WILL ALSO DIE.[/quote]

I thought that only happens if you put it in your gloves instead of your socks?

hahaha cheers for the replies, i’ll just estimate a heaped teaspoon for now until i try out some scales and get an idea of how much i’m actually taking

WoW… ok… It’s all about density. If your creatine has more air bubbles in between then you need a bigger scoop. lol

[quote]Nards wrote:

If you take only 4…YOU WILL ALSO DIE.[/quote]

Yep. That’s what happened to BONEZ and WaylanderXX.