Measuring Calories Burned

I keep seeing different calculators for basal metabolic rate (calories you burn in one day and would have to eat exactly to stay at your exact weight/body comp).

Some of them take into account LBM, some BF, some activity levels, some not.

Is there any way developed yet to monitor a person for a long enough period to actually see what that person is burning in a day? How would this be done (body temp/heart rate/other factors)?

Is it even possible?

this is probably as close as you are going to get.

http://www.bodybugg.com/

I actually just heard from someone the other day that those bodybugs don’t work for shit, i’d save my money and just use the nice little tip John Romaniello gives in his lastest article. I think it’s something like 13cal/per lb bw if over 20% bf and 14cal/per lb bw from like 16-20%bf…ect.

[quote]Mar73 wrote:
I actually just heard from someone the other day that those bodybugs don’t work for shit, i’d save my money and just use the nice little tip John Romaniello gives in his lastest article. I think it’s something like 13cal/per lb bw if over 20% bf and 14cal/per lb bw from like 16-20%bf…ect. [/quote]

Yeah I’m not actually going to invest in anything to find out my BMR. Was just waxing nerdy, really.

Though the more I think about calorie intake the more complex the whole thing gets.

[quote]beaul wrote:
this is probably as close as you are going to get.

http://www.bodybugg.com/

[/quote]

Hey cool thanks.

[quote]Mar73 wrote:
I actually just heard from someone the other day that those bodybugs don’t work for shit, i’d save my money and just use the nice little tip John Romaniello gives in his lastest article. I think it’s something like 13cal/per lb bw if over 20% bf and 14cal/per lb bw from like 16-20%bf…ect. [/quote]

It is per LEAN BODY MASS, not just body mass. So your BF % must be known before hand for his tip to have effect.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

[quote]Mar73 wrote:

It is per LEAN BODY MASS, not just body mass. So your BF % must be known before hand for his tip to have effect.[/quote]

Not to hard to figure out(calipers,BIA), but I think the reason for the ranges Roman gives is so one can guesstimate their bodyfat and have a general idea of cal intake.