Meals In School

Alright, as most of you know by now, I’m a teenager. I’m still in highschool, so eating right every three hours is hard. I just started school again after a long leave of absence, due to injury. Now that I’ve gotten so used to eating right every three hours, being back in school I get so frustrated with not being able to eat right. The point of this thread is to ask for some idea’s on bringing meals to school. Some meals that won’t go bad, or give me killer breathe for the rest of the day(seeing as how I can’t brush my teeth after meals, I’m at school!) I need one F + P meal, and one C + P meal. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! -D

How many calories do you need in each of those meals?

P&F meals - 1)beef jerky, raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pistachios) and breath mints or 2)2 scoops protein powder, 2 T natural peanut butter, 1 T flax oil, ice to keep cool

P&C meals - Sandwiches are really easy. Just use leftover chicken breast meat or steak, pile on some lettuce and tomato and use some good bread. Another choice would be tuna washed down with a green apple (saves the breath).

Baked potatoes, hard boiled eggs, ground beef patties, pasta. All packed up in a softback cooler - you know, maybe the ones that resemble a backpack? So, you can carry your grub where ever you go.

Why can’t you just grab some food in between classes when you are walking from class to class. Just have a protein bar in your bag, or have a mini cooler in your locker and grab a shake out of it or something. I was in highschool just a couple of years ago and its not that hard bro. AT university I bring 8 hours worth of food with me for the day and store it in a cooler in my car. If i can do so can you.

Get some rubbermaid 32 oz. containers. Mix a shake with low carb powder w/ flax or olive oil before you leave. Pour it into the container, and add a few pieces of ice to keep it cool. Put it in a plastic bag and throw it in your backpack. (P + F meal)

Like Jason said, Sandwiches work well. I just use 100% whole wheat bread; takes the guesswork out of which breads are actually good to use. Also, just a regular meal replacement in a shaker cup (add the mix to the water, otherwise it won't mix) w/ some added fiber works well. The fiber will dramatically slow down the absorption of the Maltodextrin. I use FiberChoice sugar free chewables; easy and portable.

Too bad you weren’t like me when I was in High School. I only went three hours a day. Also, it depends on when you take lunch. When I was a freshman I went to school at 8:15, and went to lunch at noon, then went home at 3:15. No need to worry in that scenario. I also could leave class when I wanted, and could have snacks in class. Good snacks are protien bars, peanut butter,nuts,MRP’s. Good luck.

try something like this. im assuming your school day goes for 6 hours.
breakfast at home
protein bar, maybe a slice of whole wheat bread with all nat PB in passing period.
lunch, pack your normal BB meal
shake in passing period before last class. this should be pretty good. go ahead and try that.