Meal Question: Too Many Shakes?

This is my 1st post and I have done quite a bit of reading on here over the past few weeks. I am 29 years old 165lb and about 22% body fat, best I can figure from one of the threads in the beginner forum. I am wanting to add muscle and burn fat. My question is concerning protien shakes.

My current meal plan:
1 Breakfast whole food
2 Low carb shake
3 Lunch Whole food
4 Low Carb shake
5 Dinner/Pre Workout whole food
6 After workout shake.

My concerns are is this too many shakes and is it a good idea to have two different kinds of protiens ( a low carb and a post workout)?

Is there anything else I should be taking besides fish oil and multivitamin?

Thanks

[quote]spunout wrote:
I am wanting to add muscle and burn fat. Not really wanting to bulk up.[/quote]

Fuck.

I want to squat 800lbs, but I dont want to squat…

so heres my plan

monday
dont squat

tuesday
dont squat

wednesday
dont quat

thursday
dont squat

friday
magicaly squat 800lbs

what do you guys think?

now all I need is a 6" thick pussy pad to wrap around the bar and my plan is complete

[quote]n3wb wrote:
I want to squat 800lbs, but I dont want to squat…

so heres my plan

monday
dont squat

tuesday
dont squat

wednesday
dont quat

thursday
dont squat

friday
magicaly squat 800lbs

what do you guys think?

now all I need is a 6" thick pussy pad to wrap around the bar and my plan is complete
[/quote]

That was actually pretty good.

“Pappy, our little boy 'dun all growed up”

hahaha.

To the OP. Do some more reading and research around this site.

that’s it…go to men’s health’s forums…please

[quote]Professor X wrote:
spunout wrote:
I am wanting to add muscle and burn fat. Not really wanting to bulk up.

Fuck.[/quote]

LOL I just read what I actually wrote while someone was talking to me. Please ignore the following statment “Not really wanting to bulk up.”

[quote]spunout wrote:
Professor X wrote:
spunout wrote:
I am wanting to add muscle and burn fat. Not really wanting to bulk up.

Fuck.

LOL I just read what I actually wrote while someone was talking to me. Please ignore the following statment “Not really wanting to bulk up.”

[/quote]

Eat.

I’ll take pity and actually answer your question:
No, it’s not too many shakes. Protein shakes are food. They have their place just like any other food source.

You don’t have much muscle if you’re 165 and 22% fat. Lift heavy weights. Eat lots of quality food. Concentrate your carbs around breakfast and post-workout. You’ll do fine.

Good shit N3WB.

To answer your question OP, yes, try to eat shakes only when you need them, like Peri workout or if you simply cannot eat real food. Shakes are supplemental, like: “in addition to,” not “in place of.”

i dont think a few protein shakes will hurt you

Eggs, meat, whole milk, multiple times a day. Eat the protien shakes inbetween those meals. Avoid cardio and pick up heavy shit.

Repeat for a year.

Thanks for the replies.

I know the opening statement sounded REAL stupid but it came across completely wrong. I really enjoy this site and all the great info it has. Definitely caused my productivity at work to drop somewhat over the past few weeks.