Meal Plans for a Cutting Newbie

Just about to come off a bulking cycle and onto a cutter… looking for advice or any meals plans anyone has personally used while cutting.

Not really enough info for anyone to give out any real advice. Outside of saying eat less…

4 Likes

Bodyweight in lbs x 12 for the kcals

Myfitnesspal for the calculations

You’ll work it out eventually

1 Like

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/fat-loss-hierarchy

Try here for starters

1 Like

I’d really recommend taking a titration approach – track your calories and weight, find your maintenance intake, and then try taking ~10% off that, maintaining about 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. The guidelines above are useful for setting initial intake, but ultimately you’ll have to figure out your own metabolism.

1 Like

Are you asking how many calories to eat, what types of foods we individually like, how often we eat, etc.?

As @bulldog9899 alluded, each of the questions above would get a different response. More importantly, any response would be relatively meaningless for you; we need to know your goals and current state before we can give advice.

2 Likes

… dam - you wise Dog.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually being serious… people know zero about the Op. When he says he completed a bulk…what does that entails? Says he’s a newbie in the thread title… just saying. Look at the number of guys who start lifting and gain a handful of pounds and decide after a short amount of time decide to cut. I dont have enough fingers and toes to keep track of all the times someone has come on and stated something like this “im 6 foot went on a bulk went from 150lbs to 155lbs its cutting time.”

Plus @TrainForPain pretty much summed the other part of the equation.

1 Like

Mate I’m not digging at you. Just pointing out the simple wisdom that is - stop a meal or reduce meal sizes by 25%

This is so strange to me. I grew up skinny. I’d hate to be skinny again.
Of course Ive gone the opposite way and got fat.

Oh… I just wanted to clarify i wasnt making some sarcastic joke on my end. No worries…