Meal Planning for the Day/Week

What methods do you all use to prepare your food for the day/week? Any favorite portable proteins?
Trying to nail down diet and looking for some tips. thanks

Personally, my diet consists of a bowl of cereal and a protein shake in the morning, a sandwich and an orange during the day (spread out, not eaten at the same time), and protein shakes before and after my workout. When I get home, I usually cook some rice and steam my vegetables and have a casein protein before I go to bed.

It works for me. You’re a different person than me, so what works for me might not work for you, though the same outline (smaller portioned meals spread out through the day along with supplements) is best for any weightlifter.

What exactly are your goals? Give us your stats (heigh, weight, etc) and we can give more specific advice.

[quote]
wrote:
Personally, my diet consists of a bowl of cereal and a protein shake in the morning, a sandwich and an orange during the day (spread out, not eaten at the same time), and protein shakes before and after my workout. When I get home, I usually cook some rice and steam my vegetables and have a casein protein before I go to bed.

It works for me. You’re a different person than me, so what works for me might not work for you, though the same outline (smaller portioned meals spread out through the day along with supplements) is best for any weightlifter.

What exactly are your goals? Give us your stats (heigh, weight, etc) and we can give more specific advice.[/quote]

immediate goals are to get back on track. My pre-holiday diet was very clean (lots of lean meat and veggies) Got sick before holidays and stopped training and going to the gym. Basically, i am an all or nothing type. So i have lost weight and gained belly fat. Great combination!
Just looking for some ideas that will help with meal prep. What are some fav portable proteins? What’s are some good ways to prepare a bunch of veggies ahead of time? If i cook 10 chicken breasts for the week will they be any good in 4 days?
thanks

Beef jerky, nuts, hard boiled eggs and protein powder/bars. Great portable stuff.

Cook up the 10 chicken breasts and freeze some. Then, you don’t have to worry 4 days later as long as you remember to thaw them out the night prior.

Veggies, I just slice up a bunch and keep them in tupperware or ziplock bags. I’ll cook them up or eat them raw. The only exception is avocado. I don’t like cutting that up until I’m about to use them. Also, I will roast a bunch of veggies and use them within a couple of days. I just don’t like how cooked veggies get after 1-2 days.

[quote]painkiller wrote:
What methods do you all use to prepare your food for the day/week? Any favorite portable proteins?
Trying to nail down diet and looking for some tips. thanks[/quote]

The big thing for me tends to be veggies. My sunday ritual is grocery shopping, then cutting up all the broccoli and celery I buy. I also cook chicken in bulk and put it in the fridge for the week. The end result is that it takes me less time to prepare daytime meals during the week. I generally have time to cook nighttime meals.

For me in sticking to a diet is having a plan. I post my menu on the fridge each week. Keeps me on track and prevents the question of “what am I going to eat?” from arising.

anything is portable if you carry a cooler with you.

I carry beef, fish, chicken, turkey, and bison with me. Along with fresh and frozen veggies, fruit, PB, protein shakes, nuts, etc.

I cook a lot at one time, then I have meals for days. Like boyscout, i have my plan typed out with all of my amounts and calories, and macros calculated. Then i stick to that.

breakfast, eggs…yumy
snack…almonds and jerky
lunch…chicken
snack…Metabolic Drive!
dinner…steak! (or ground beef)
snack…Whey!!

I take one day, cook all my meat and chicken for the week; takes about 30min.

nuts, jerky, oatmeal, tuna are all good, fat and highly portable. it takes me about 5 min to get all my food for the workday together at 6am; very convienient. (and yes i weigh out my foods!)

i think we are the same person. haha

my fridge; outside = training/non-training day menu. inside, big tupperwear’s full of cooked food items.

it works.

I eat cereal for breakfast, but scrambled eggs is also good. Drink a protein shake along with it.

For quick snacks or small meals, there are a lot of options. Protein bars are usually good, but if you want actual “food,” I suggest some sort of a sandwich. I like peanut butter, but something like ham, turkey, or chicken also work well; just don’t eat it with white bread. Also, Arioch suggested hardboiled eggs…GREAT IDEA.

Dinner, I definitely suggest something with steamed vegetables. I’m never eating veggies that aren’t steamed ever again, they’re THAT good. With them, you should also eat chicken or whatnot.

Also, since you’ve developed belly fat, consume more Vitamin C (hence I eat an orange and drink OJ every now and then), it helps block cortisol (the stuff that causes fat storage in the belly).

Fish in a can is very portable.
Nuts are also easy.

Tuna is cheap and portable with almost no preperation.