T Nation

Meal Plan. What Do You Think?

Hi guys,

Currently i am trying CT’s Carbohydrate Cycling. Here is a sample of my moderate days:

Breakfat:
Cottage cheese, 250g
Oatmeal - 55g (i add some water of course! :slight_smile: )
Black Currants - 100g
Fish oil - 3g

Carbs - 57, Protein - 55, Fat - 7

PWO:
A mix of Multipower’s gainer and whey protein:

Carbs - 45, Protein - 41, Fat - 5

Lunch:
Boiled Blacked Eyed Peas - 100g
Buckwheat - 40g
Grilled Chicken Breast - 180g
Cabbage - 50g
Fish oil - 3g

Carbs - 52, Protein - 55, Fat - 7

Afternoon Meal:
Whole Eggs - 165g
Egg whites - 70g
Green beans - 70
Cabbage - 50
Grilled Beef - 50
Olive Oil - 3g

Carbs - 10, Protein - 45, Fat - 24

Dinner:
Grilled Beef - 150
Brussel’s Sprouts - 70
Cabbage - 50
Onions, mature - 30
Fish oil - 3
Filberts - 20

Carbs - 15, Protein - 49, Fat - 28

Can of Tuna - 185g
Almonds - 30g
Flax seeds - 20g

Carbs - 13, Protein - 43, Fat - 26

Totals: Carbs - 192(27%), Protein - 280(41%), Fat - 97 (31%)
Total Calz - ~2770

I am 195 centimeters tall, 85 kg bodyweight.

What are your thoughts?

Goals?

Leaning out.

Do you guys think i should add whey into my breakfast, so the half of protein comes from whey and the other half comes from cottage cheese?

Which timing would you recommend for fish oil intake over the day? I think, that skipping fish oil in the morning and after workout is a good idea, so the carbs are digested fast and freely and then adding 3-4 capsules of regular fish oils on other meals.

Also… While on carbo-cycling - would it be a good one to make breakfast a P+F instead of P+C and have my carbs during next three meals tapering them down. I wake up at 7 AM, have my breakfast at 7:30 and workout starts in an hour or so.

6’5 187 lbs and you’re leaning out?

Why not? I want to get as lean as possible naturally and then continue to gain lean mass with no fat. I think it is pretty possible while choosing good exercises and meticulously counting calories.

Overall the diet looks ok with the glaring exception of the weight gainer shake. Get yourself some Surge. It’s workds different than the sugar filled tubs labelled weight gainers. Also I take my fish oil a little while after breakfast so that’s not a big deal but skip them on the PWO meal as it should be a P+C meal so no reason to add extra fat.

On another note I’m 180lbs and 6’ tall which is too skinny as it is. I can only imagine how emaciated you look at 6’5" and 185lbs. If you aren’t under 10% bf at this weight you have a serious lack of lean mass. Cutting is the wrong thing to be doing…

PeterD

[quote]PeterD wrote:

Overall the diet looks ok with the glaring exception of the weight gainer shake. Get yourself some surge. It’s workds different than the sugar filled tubs labelled weight gainers. [/quote]

Multipower is a respected German firm and pretty much welcomed in Europe. The reason i use them is because i am in Russia and it is hard and expensive to get anything from Biotest. I am going to order some supplements from them, but not sure if i am gonna include Surge in it because of the damned shipping cost (overall price per gram becomes real high).

Hmmm… nice trick with the oil. Besides of other benefits, they are supposed to slowdown a digestion of carbs and cushion an insulin spike a little, right? I try not to exceed the limit of 5g of fat per P+C meal and the priority is the fish oil here.

But about breakfast - i don’t know if it is a good idea to put them in the breakfast, since some say that in the morning glycogen must be replenished asap, so fish oil maybe hampering this process.

[quote]On another note I’m 180lbs and 6’ tall which is too skinny as it is. I can only imagine how emaciated you look at 6’5" and 185lbs. If you aren’t under 10% bf at this weight you have a serious lack of lean mass. Cutting is the wrong thing to be doing…

PeterD[/quote]

Yeaaah, i know. I just got really stubborn with the idea of leaning out first. When i first saw my abs i was so impressed that i decided to do the maximum i can and then start to gain muscle, and only the lean one. Anyway, i have 2 weeks of the Meltdown I left which is so **cking challenging and i really love it. After that i am contemplating some of the Chad’s programs. Will do them for a 3-4 months and then will do Meltdown II. I think that will be wiser. Also, if i continue the undereating, i am afraid that i can spoil my hormonal levels and metabolism which is not what i am after.

BTW, can you share your food choices for P+C meals? What i do on workout days is i get some fruit in the breakfast (berries, apple or banana) and some protein. PWO is a shake and the meal after PWO is something like oats, rye or legumes with protein of course. I think it adheres to Dr B’s advices.
But i am not sure how to better time meals on off-days. Which carbs should i choose, when to time them etc. What’s your take?

Shouldn’t your protein and carbs be equal on your moderate days? And how many kcal’s did you work out that you need?

Sorry, I only just read the end of your first post there, 2770!! Way too little, I’m 85kg and 6’3 aand I got 4,500, now I opted for 2g of protein per lb of body weight which being an ecto I think you probably should have too…Being an ecto the more cal’s the better! If you gain a bit of bodyfat its easily lost if you cycle the carbs correctly! I’d re assess your cal calculations and I’d round up instead of rounding down ie if you get 2770 go to 3000

If you want a good carb/protein meal, make some brown rice, throw in some veggies and grilled turkey/chicken, spice up with anything you like (I like garam masala) and there you go. I think the total fat count is something like 4 or 5 grams.

Davenegger,

Hi buddy :slight_smile:

Well, it would be a very rapid transition for me - i was eating even less! Currently i am on Meltdown and have two weeks remaining. BTW, the program kick ass! I like circuits, i love them! About carbs per bodyweight… Well, they do have to be equal to the amount of protein, but i consider my self a mix of meso and endo, so, after CT’s blessing, i decided to try to lower the amount of carbs and make up the energy by the fat. Currently i have 280g of protein (1,5 per pound of bwt), 187 grams of carbs and the rest is fat - 103 grams. I am gonna finish the meltdown and then i am gonna start my gaining cycle very steadily.

My current choices for starchy carbs are:
rye, raw oats (unprocessed), old-fashioned oatmeal, buckwheat, legumes. Protein - turkey/chicken breast, canned tuna, beef, some fish.

I was wondering, if it is a good idea to use fruits as a source of carbs in the morning? I remember i’ve read CT was saying about this, but can’t find the post.

CanadianLM - nice recipe. Simple and to the point :slight_smile: I need to buy some brown rice.

BTW, what are your main sources of fats? I use olive oil (extra virgin), flaxseed oil, fish oil capsules. I also add some grinded almonds to my meals, but they contain carbs as well. How do you deal with it?