Meal Plan Help

[quote]vcjha wrote:
Thanks K. See I have read the articles and honestly, all it does is confuse me. There’s so many contradicting views there. [/quote]

As I already said before, look for articles that discuss “the basics”. That information is not as contradictory as you might think. Start with a basic diet plan for beginners, that you find in the Articles section. Then choose one that seems like you can follow it/makes sense to you, and stick with it for 6 months. I don’t believe you that you’ve read everything in the Nutrition section, but even if you did, go back again and look for articles that are aimed at “basics” or beginners.

It’s not that complicated. You seem to want somebody to hold your hand, and walk you through the basics. I don’t think that’s going to happen. Nobody is going to write an article-length answer to your questions. There is good information on this website, if you are willing to look.

[quote]K2000 wrote:
vcjha wrote:
Thanks K. See I have read the articles and honestly, all it does is confuse me. There’s so many contradicting views there.

As I already said before, look for articles that discuss “the basics”. That information is not as contradictory as you might think. Start with a basic diet plan for beginners, that you find in the Articles section. Then choose one that seems like you can follow it/makes sense to you, and stick with it for 6 months. I don’t believe you that you’ve read everything in the Nutrition section, but even if you did, go back again and look for articles that are aimed at “basics” or beginners.

It’s not that complicated. You seem to want somebody to hold your hand, and walk you through the basics. I don’t think that’s going to happen. Nobody is going to write an article-length answer to your questions. There is good information on this website, if you are willing to look.
[/quote]

Good advice. Guess one more time wouldn’t hurt if it I’ve already done it five times. Not exactly hold hands, but cut through all the bullshit. There’s many view on nutrition and exercise but should only be a few that actually work. There’s only one Superfoods article and that’s “Power Foods.” Six months? sigh, I would like to be nearly halfway there to my goal by that time, but I guess it takes much more time than I thought. Recently, due to to a realization that my food bill could put my parents into debt, I’ve shifted my goal to fat-loss, as it would require less food. Any advice you could give that I will not find in the articles? I already know fat loss will make it hard to train intensely due to lack of food. Anything you know to fight that?

After another analysis, I’ve found something interesting. I’m consuming the caloric amount for fat loss yet…I’m not losing any fat. When I dip down ever further, my body feels limp and weak. Any suggestions?

[quote]vcjha wrote:
K2000 wrote:
vcjha wrote:
Thanks K. See I have read the articles and honestly, all it does is confuse me. There’s so many contradicting views there.

Good advice. Guess one more time wouldn’t hurt if it I’ve already done it five times. Not exactly hold hands, but cut through all the bullshit. There’s many view on nutrition and exercise but should only be a few that actually work. There’s only one Superfoods article and that’s “Power Foods.” Six months? sigh, I would like to be nearly halfway there to my goal by that time, but I guess it takes much more time than I thought. Recently, due to to a realization that my food bill could put my parents into debt, I’ve shifted my goal to fat-loss, as it would require less food. Any advice you could give that I will not find in the articles? I already know fat loss will make it hard to train intensely due to lack of food. Anything you know to fight that?[/quote]

Sorry, I meant power foods… I believe there is a part 2 as well.

[quote]vcjha wrote:
K2000 wrote:
vcjha wrote:

Good advice. Guess one more time wouldn’t hurt if it I’ve already done it five times. Not exactly hold hands, but cut through all the bullshit. There’s many view on nutrition and exercise but should only be a few that actually work. There’s only one Superfoods article and that’s “Power Foods.” Six months? sigh, I would like to be nearly halfway there to my goal by that time, but I guess it takes much more time than I thought. Recently, due to to a realization that my food bill could put my parents into debt, I’ve shifted my goal to fat-loss, as it would require less food. Any advice you could give that I will not find in the articles? I already know fat loss will make it hard to train intensely due to lack of food. Anything you know to fight that?[/quote]

Don’t over-complicate things…If you want to add muscle then bump up your protein intake and see what effect it has. It’s your body and no one else will be able to tell you what diet is perfect for you, you’re just going to have to put in the time to try things and see how your body reacts. When in doubt, try bumping up your protein intake and gauge your next move from that. No one here is going to write you a meal plan.

[quote]randomality wrote:
vcjha wrote:
Great body! I’m lookin to reach yur body but with a wider back, wider shoulders, and something that I don’t think has ever been done before, increase the size of my whole lower leg, not just the calves, and massive chest that pops out about 4-5 inches(I know that’s crazy). Sorry if I talked bout this too much. But it really is hard for me to say as I would like a plan that allows me to gain more mass but allow me to lose a little fat too. (gain 3-4 lb muscle while losing 1lb of fat). Might sound stupid but that’s what I wanna do. So does that clear everything up?

hmm… that might be a bit tough. I’d recommend lean bulking, focusing carbs around workout times, and eating lots of healthy fats, veggies, and protein outside of that. That’ll probably be your best bet.[/quote]

This.

I’d also focus on carbs for breakfast also. Make sure you’re getting carbs upon rising, preworkout, and postworkout. You’re other meals look on point, maybe throw some cottage cheese in there and peanutbutter. CC is inexpensive so I’ll use that instead of meal replacement with some healthy fats (PB/nuts)

Don’t over-complicate things…If you want to add muscle then bump up your protein intake and see what effect it has. It’s your body and no one else will be able to tell you what diet is perfect for you, you’re just going to have to put in the time to try things and see how your body reacts. When in doubt, try bumping up your protein intake and gauge your next move from that. No one here is going to write you a meal plan.[/quote]

I definitely understand nobody will write one up. I just wanted to know the best foods recommended for any bodybuilder if they had the will to follow it and the stomach to eat it. Like I said, there’s always generalizations of "eat healthy fats, lean protein such as beef, egg whites(oh shit nate’s prolly gon slap me, but i am mentioning lean proteins), chicken breast, and so on. I mean, I guess i want a shopping list for someone who’s trying to begin contest prep, even though I won’t be competing, because that’s when people really have to dial in their nutrition. I guess I’m gonna go ahead and list foods I think I should buy and have people tell me what to take out if I’m following contest prep. Here goes: lean proteins: steak sirloin, steak ribeye, boneless skinless chicken breast, egg whites, cottage cheese, quaker oatmeal, fat free milk (hope nate doesn’t read this), whey protein, salmon. complex carbs: whole wheat bread, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, orange juice, oranges, apples, bananas healthy fats: evoo, avocado, peanuts, costco organic creamy peanut butter(I’m not sure but I have a feeling this is a wrong choice but it is cheap). There, crticize the hell out of it if you need to. I also have one more question. Can explain to me why sweet potatoes is mentioned in any pre-contest diet? I thought the sugars wouldn’t be allowed, especially mixed with carbs, which I think can be bad, though I’m not sure. Please keep in mind I said lean bulking because at this point, knowing my budget, I know I have to switch to fat loss, but I definitely don’t want to lose my current size on my fat loss phase.

One more thing. I have read countless posts by CT on training and nutrition. But currently they work PROVIDED THEY HAVE GOOD PERI-WORKOUT NUTRITION(unless you go back in the day when he recommended only a few supplements). So, for anyone who knows I’m looking for CT’s advice and reposts the recent post of foods he recommends for fat loss on recovery days or the post where he posted Sebastian Cosette’s lean bulking diet(or Kevin Nobert, I can’t remember, I have already looked at those posts. My point is I would love to get advice by CT but his specialty now I think is training programs and diets w/ good peri-workout nutrition, not w/o good peri-workout nutrition, which is what I’m aiming for.

So, basically I’m looking to optimize my diet because I can’t have good peri-workout nutrition. Sorry if I keep on going circles, but just want to make sure you guys understand all the details.