Meal Plan for College

Hey, im starting back in college soon and i will then have the freedom of buying my own groceries and foods. I was wondering if anyone could give me a solid meal plan that i can use as a base of what to buy and eat.

Some other information is that im 6’ 1", 165lbs, i take cytogainer 2 times a day (54g protein 74g Carbs and 900 calories per shake), and i have a magic bullet so i make protein smoothies that include a banana, a lot of peanut butter, and milk twice a day also. If any of you could write out what i should eat for breakfast/2ndmeal/lunch/4thmeal/dinner/6thmeal to gain weight because my ultimate goal is to be 180.

Also keep in mind that i have a small amount of money roughly around 200$ a month to spend on food and i need things that i can make very fast. Thanks a lot.

[quote]jck524 wrote:
Hey, im starting back in college soon and i will then have the freedom of buying my own groceries and foods. I was wondering if anyone could give me a solid meal plan that i can use as a base of what to buy and eat.

Some other information is that im 6’ 1", 165lbs, i take cytogainer 2 times a day (54g protein 74g Carbs and 900 calories per shake), and i have a magic bullet so i make protein smoothies that include a banana, a lot of peanut butter, and milk twice a day also. If any of you could write out what i should eat for breakfast/2ndmeal/lunch/4thmeal/dinner/6thmeal to gain weight because my ultimate goal is to be 180.

Also keep in mind that i have a small amount of money roughly around 200$ a month to spend on food and i need things that i can make very fast. Thanks a lot.[/quote]

If you’re anything other than a veteran, supplements are the last thing you should worry about.

Try to get in ~0.75-1g Protein per lbs of Bodyweight per day, and there are plenty of ways to achieve that without any supplements.

eat lots of milk products like milk (duh), cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, lowfat quark which can be pretty cheap per g of protein depending where you live

make sure your carbs come from sources which already have some protein, e.g. oatmeal

then the usual stuff like eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, meat etc…

IF you really want to spend money on supps, get a decent Multivitamin/Mineral, a decent protein (e.g. whey), and some fish oils if you’re not eating fish about 1x-2x per week

other than that, just be sure to eat some protein with every meal, get a big breakfast with some complex carbs (e.g. no sugar), try to eat every ~3 hours (frequent, small meals), try to avoid mixing carbs and fat

If you’re not gaining weight at all, eat more. simple as that.

Next thing would be to pick a good beginner program (check sticky on top of the forum) and stick to it

and try to get enough rest between lifting and you cardio (volleyball) sessions, ~6 hours would be optimal but at least 3-4

i actually disagree with you on supplements, cytogainer is a great source of protein and it gives added calories to help with gaining weight, i have been working out for a while and i alrdy do have a program i would just like a solid meal plan to go along with it. This summer just from taking cytogainer i have put on 10-15 lbs but that was without a meal plan so i want to add that onto my routine so i can gain another 15 lbs.

Cytogainer is a decent product, coming from 100% Whey sources. When you run out of that, I would give Metabolic Drive Complete a shot from Biotest, and have that 2-3 times daily. I would also be sure to have at least one serving of Surge on training days, and two servings if you can afford it.

How about BCAA’s by Biotest? the cytogainer i think gives me around 20g of BCAA’s per 100g of protein.

I just looked at Metabolic Drive Complete, i think cytogainer is a lot better, it has more protein per serving, more carbs, and a lot more calories.

[quote]jck524 wrote:
I just looked at Metabolic Drive Complete, i think cytogainer is a lot better, it has more protein per serving, more carbs, and a lot more calories.[/quote]

I’d read about the actual ingredients in Metabolic Drive Complete before saying it’s a lot better. Nutrient profiles don’t tell the entire story.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1091674

Besides, you can always add things to create a higher calorie shake.

Buy a bunch of frozen chicken. Buy steak. Buy milk, eggs, rice, bread, veggies, cottage cheese and yogurt. Spend $200 a month on this stuff.

breakfast: 6 eggs, milk and toast
second breakfast: 6 oz chicken and rice
lunch: six oz steak and rice
second lunch: six oz steak and veggies
pre w/o: Surge
PWO: shake. Include cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, fruit. one cup each… and some protein powder.