Meal Plan Critique. Written by Last Coach

Can you guys critique this meal plan? My last coach wrote it for me after my cut was over. I will not name him but I am longer working with him due to some minor details. His last diet worked well for me to cut from 200lbs of fat to 180 of actual muscle.

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
Meal1
Salmon, 6 ounce 150 3g 2g 32g 68mg 360mg 0g 2g
Egg Beaters - 100% Egg Whites, 12 tbsp 100 4g 0g 20g 0mg 360mg 0g 0g

Meal 2
Jennie - O Lean Ground Turkey - 93/7, 7 oz 298 0g 14g 37g 140mg 140mg 0g 0g
Outtakes - Mixed Greens Salad, 1 serving(s) 322 33g 18g 7g 1mg 936mg 7g 6g
Asparagus - Grilled, 200 g 40 8g 0g 4g 0mg 4mg 4g 4g

Meal 3
Walmart - Top Sirloin, 6.5 oz 341 3g 20g 37g 130mg 98mg 0g 0g
Sweet Potato, 6 ounce 146 35g 0g 3g 0mg 93mg 8g 5g
Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt, 0.5 cup, chopped 27 6g 0g 2g 0mg 204mg 1g 3g

Meal 4
Talapia - Talapia, 7 ounce 198 0g 5g 40g 79mg 149mg 0g 0g
Wild rice, cooked, 0.75 cup 124 26g 0g 5g 0mg 4mg 1g 2g

Meal 5
Bread - Bread, Ezekiel 7 Grain, 2 slice 160 30g 1g 8g 0mg 150mg 2g 6g

Meal 6
Kirkland Signature - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Frozen, 6.5 oz 195 0g 2g 41g 114mg 325mg 0g 0g
Broccoli, raw, 1 cup chopped 31 6g 0g 3g 0mg 30mg 2g 2g
Egg Beaters - 100% Egg Whites, 12 tbsp 100 4g 0g 20g 0mg 360mg 0g 0g
Egg, whole, cooked, poached, 2 large 143 1g 9g 13g 370mg 297mg 0g 0g

TOTAL: 2,375 159g 71g 272g 902mg 3,510mg 25g 30g

If this is a “coming out of a cut” diet, then so long as it’s a slow, methodical approach to working #s up from where they were, it should be fine.

IF you’ve been on a ketogenic diet to get down to 180 lbs, aqnd suddenly you’;re eating more than 150g of carbs every day, that’s not what I would personally recommend. If you were dieting on a similar range of carbs, a fairly similar amount of cals etc, then this would probably be fine based solely on #s. I will say that it’s a pretty large amount of protein for a 180 lber. Not that it’ll hurt you or anything, but most people would enjoy more carbs, or in my case, more healthy fats (I just love my peanut butter, avocados etc)

S

My last meal plan was 3 days low carb, 1 day high carb. I don’t do well with carbs. I bloat easily and put on more fat than anything. We found a sweet spot with the last meal plan.

My main concern, now that you explained to me whats good, is the amount of fish. Do I need to be concerned with this much fish a week?

[quote]Vegeasthetics wrote:
My last meal plan was 3 days low carb, 1 day high carb. I don’t do well with carbs. I bloat easily and put on more fat than anything. We found a sweet spot with the last meal plan.

My main concern, now that you explained to me whats good, is the amount of fish. Do I need to be concerned with this much fish a week?[/quote]

In what way? I wasn’t aware that ‘lots of fish’ had a downside. Unless maybe it’s a fish that’s known for high mercury levels. But that doesn’t seem to be the case here. What, specifically, are you concerned about?

I have limited knowledge on fish. I wasn’t sure if these had high levels of mercury. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate the responses.

I’m always curious when I read a thread like this and the description is that this is a ‘meal plan’. It seems so specific with the food choices, and it looks more like ‘what I ate today’. Is this literally what you eat every day, or are there variations?

This is, literally, my day to day meal plan. I have not been eating this yet but it’s what was given to me. Not as a days worth of food, but “eat this daily”.

Except in certain instances, I don’t personally obsess about mercury. I figure as long as I’m varying up my choices, I’m minimizing my risks (damn I hope I’m right -lol)

The whole “eat this daily” is ok in that it gets someone following a plan, but if you don’t learn (or get options from youjr coach) what substitutions you can work in so that you’re not eating the exact same thing every day, every week, every month… you’re eventually gonna either get bored, slip up, or lose your mind.

S

eat brazil nuts if you’re concerned about mercury. The selenium binds to the mercury.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Except in certain instances, I don’t personally obsess about mercury. I figure as long as I’m varying up my choices, I’m minimizing my risks (damn I hope I’m right -lol)

The whole “eat this daily” is ok in that it gets someone following a plan, but if you don’t learn (or get options from youjr coach) what substitutions you can work in so that you’re not eating the exact same thing every day, every week, every month… you’re eventually gonna either get bored, slip up, or lose your mind.

S[/quote]

MAYBE I could have done this when I was single, but being married? Hell no. My wife would kill me if I told her I was going to eat the same things, day in and day out. She sure as hell wouldn’t cook for me anymore. If a coach gave me absolutely no room for substitutions, and wouldn’t budge from that, I would find another coach. It certainly doesn’t seem sustainable for more than a few weeks, in my mind. I guess everyone’s different though.

My last meal plan lasted 12 weeks. Like I said, it was 3 day low carb 1 day high carb. It too was the same thing daily for 12 weeks. I honestly don’t mind. Im no longer working with the coach because he told me vegan substitutions “are fucking stupid humans need meat to build muscle” and I am diagnosed bipolar so “have your wife slap you in the nuts when you act up”. Needless to say he is pretty ignorant.

When Arnold introduced himself to Vince Gironda as being Mr Universe, he was told “You look like a fat fuck to me.” Arnold just doubled down, did what Vince said and improved dramatically.

It sounds like this coach got you excellent results.

My wife, btw, was quite amused by your coach’s wording. I can see how you might have disliked it though.